Too late for tattoos?

Dancin'Days

Your new tattoo looks really well done, Dancin' Days!

Thanks, Manu is the best!

I have always thought of having Robert's symbol, but I decided for the sun of The Dreamland CD cover, and I love it. :)

Yeh, good choice. where did you put it? Have you posted it? I would love to see it.

:thumbsup: Nice! The Hermit looks exceptional.

Agreed! Very nice tattoo.

I got my first tattoo for my 40th birthday, and agree with everyone here. Older is actually better - you've given it some thought. I also spent quite a while looking for a good artist, none of this dropping in to some dive populated by biker dudes or whatever (not that there's anything wrong with that... :D )

I got my second for my 50th, and I'll get my third fairly soon, just trying to get the image right. They really are addictive!

I just got ZoSo with the Hermit above it on my right upper arm as a present to myself for reaching 50. Well, almost. My birthday is in September. Butt, like a child at Christmas, I just couldn't wait. Someone said to me this weekend "it is stupid to get a tattoo at 50". What do you think? :blahblah:

I personally don't like them, but I guess some people feel the need to mark up their bodies with cartoon figures, bizarre religious symbols and other commerical trademarks.

Too each his own I guess.

I personally don't like them, but I guess some people feel the need to mark up their bodies with cartoon figures, bizarre religious symbols and other commerical trademarks.

Errrr, his body, his MONEY!

I'm getting this pussy tatted on me arse///

l_21460b764b302b702740e7d72a68440c.jpg

Whooooootie, beat me and call me cheap BABY!

I respect your opinion but, wouldn't you like a little pussy on your ass too? :D

Fifty isn't too old and in fact I think it's better to wait. Bodies and tastes change over time.

If I had gotten a tattoo at twenty I shudder to think of the of horrifying thing I might be carrying around with me for life:

crumb:1980.jpg

I'm only joking about the Robert Crumb tattoo, but I do think if you get a tattoo when you're young it's good to exercise foresight: pick a relatively unchanging body part (biceps, shoulderblades, calves) and a design that won't literally brand you as a person with poor judgment. I personally wouldn't tattoo any body part I wouldn't want closely inspected, but I also wouldn't tattoo any part of my body I already considered beautiful. As you might have guessed I have a lot of rules but no tattoos, and I'm glad.

In spite of the calculus I just outlined I can admire well-done tattoos on others. Dancin' Days, your tats look very nice and I also think ledbaby's pussy design is cute.

It actually might be a better idea to get a tattoo when you're older. It would be probably be more meaningful. I'm mid-30's, and have always wanted one, but was too scared about the pain when I was younger. But I still might get one sooner or later depending on the design.

My dad has a lot of tattoos and he says they don't hurt that bad. He says you can feel it, but it isn't a ot of pain. I'm afraid of needles though. I want a tattoo, but I'm not old enough to get one and I want to make sure that I will like them and they mean something to me.

My dad got two tattoos in that past 3 years, they're the only ones he has. One is a Navy thing, and the other is the Aquarius zodiac sign. He was gonna get a circle around it, but it's costs too much.

I wouldn't really want a tat, I wanted one for a long while, but I don't want to ruin my body anymore than it already is.

I don't think it's silly to get a tattoo at 50. I just got my 5th tattoo about 3 months ago and I'll be 43 next week. What's really weird is that when I got my last tattoo I talked to my tattooist about doing an apprenticeship. I am now officially 2 months into my tattoo apprenticeship!!

I'm just not into tattoos. I just don't get it. What is it an attempt to look dangerous?

Maybe to some.... to others it's just art as expression, living canvas if you will.

My tatoos are family related, something I will always want to see. B)

Yeh, good choice. where did you put it? Have you posted it? I would love to see it.

You can see it on this pic (it isn't that vlear, but I can't find a better pic now)

tailandia-cambodja773.jpg

I love the sun. And I have wanted to have a sun tattoed on me for long, I just couldn't find the right one. As Dreamland was released I simply loved the cover and the album....the perfect sun was there, no more need to look for another one. B) And I'm glad it's related to Robert Plant too, though I'm sure most Led Zeppelin fans wouldn't recognize the drawing.

You can see it on this pic (it isn't that vlear, but I can't find a better pic now)

tailandia-cambodja773.jpg

I love the sun. And I have wanted to have a sun tattoed on me for long, I just couldn't find the right one. As Dreamland was released I simply loved the cover and the album....the perfect sun was there, no more need to look for another one. B) And I'm glad it's related to Robert Plant too, though I'm sure most Led Zeppelin fans wouldn't recognize the drawing.

I would :D I thought about doing that design as a tat as well. Maybe I will if I decide to get another.

I would :D I thought about doing that design as a tat as well. Maybe I will if I decide to get another.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Do it!!!!!!! We'd be tattoo sisters!!!!!! :yay::yay:

And DN.....I'm sure you'll find out one day. :rolleyes:

But, I'd like to know now, because I can't tell you how many times I've seen women with tattoos there, and I honestly, sometimes think they look horrible.

Haha, I'm one of those people who says you shouldn't deface your body because you'll eventually do something to it, so why add more damage?

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut, in the end...I don't know. =/

Archived