Too late for tattoos?

Dancin'Days

Here's my idea on lower back tattoos: If they look nice that's fine, like Brspled's, it isn't trashy. In fact, I really like it. However, I have seen plenty of lower back tattoos that are trashy.

But, I'd like to know now, because I can't tell you how many times I've seen women with tattoos there, and I honestly, sometimes think they look horrible.

Haha, I'm one of those people who says you shouldn't deface your body because you'll eventually do something to it, so why add more damage?

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut, in the end...I don't know. =/

DN..... :huh: do you think the place or the tattoos look horrible?

Well, I know of one guy that loves them both....the place and my tattoo. :D;)

I agree with you, DN, we should treat our body well, it's our temple, we have to respect it. I don't think I did any harm to my body getting that sun tattooed on me, it didn't even hurt at all. And it represents something I love and that I can't live without. The sun and good music. But it's hard to explain to those who don't like tattoes why we get them. It took me a long time to get mine, I was over 40 already and pretty sure of what I wanted and what my life turned out to be at that point. So it made sense to me. And I haven't regreted it for a single day.

Edited to add: thank you, lzfan. :)

Brspled, if it makes you feel better, I think the tattoo is beautiful. I want to get the four symbols and the Janis Joplin heart, just a little bit below your heart. Both things mean a lot to me. I'm not old enough to get a tattoo, but when I am that's what I'm going to get.

:D :D :D

:wub:

:kiss::kiss:

Brspled, if it makes you feel better, I think the tattoo is beautiful. I want to get the four symbols and the Janis Joplin heart, just a little bit below your heart. Both things mean a lot to me. I'm not old enough to get a tattoo, but when I am that's what I'm going to get.

Thank you again,Lzfan. I think it's beautiful too, but I understand those who don't like it, it's alright with me. My mom just wanted to die (or to kill me!!! :lol:) as I got mine, she was in shock for months, but even so I never regreted it.

Think well before you do it, be sure that's what you really want and maybe wait a bit longer just to be sure. :)

I agree it's better when we get our tattoes when we are older, we had the time to mature the idea. ^_^

DN..... :huh: do you think the place or the tattoos look horrible?

Well, I know of one guy that loves them both....the place and my tattoo. :D;)

I agree with you, DN, we should treat our body well, it's our temple, we have to respect it. I don't think I did any harm to my body getting that sun tattooed on me, it didn't even hurt at all. And it represents something I love and that I can't live without. The sun and good music. But it's hard to explain to those who don't like tattoes why we get them. It took me a long time to get mine, I was over 40 already and pretty sure of what I wanted and what my life turned out to be at that point. So it made sense to me. And I haven't regreted it for a single day.

Edited to add: thank you, lzfan. :)

I wish I could say the same about my body, It's a train wreck. But I can say ok to something small and nice like that, because if it's something you truly enjoy and love, alright.

I remember when my sister got her first (and only tattoo) on her ankle when she was dating her boyfriend (and father to my niece) back some 16 odd years ago. After she gave birth to her daughter and a few years later, broke up with him, she regretted getting the tat.

Not trying to say you should regret, just sharing a story. :)

I wish I could say the same about my body, It's a train wreck. But I can say ok to something small and nice like that, because if it's something you truly enjoy and love, alright.

I remember when my sister got her first (and only tattoo) on her ankle when she was dating her boyfriend (and father to my niece) back some 16 odd years ago. After she gave birth to her daughter and a few years later, broke up with him, she regretted getting the tat.

Not trying to say you should regret, just sharing a story. :)

I am sorry your sister regrets her tattoo now. I am guessing her tattoo has something to do with her ex-boyfriend? :huh: I'll tell you, DN, I LOVE my husband (I'm sure you know that) we have been together for 27 years, I just can't imagine my life without him....and even so, I'd never have his name tattooed on me. And he knows it. You see, it's really, really hard to explain why that sun is the right one to me to have as a tattoo, but it simply is.

And don't say your body is a train wreck, OK?? :angry: Treat it well, it will be with you for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. ;)

:kiss::kiss:

Thank you again,Lzfan. I think it's beautiful too, but I understand those who don't like it, it's alright with me. My mom just wanted to die (or to kill me!!! :lol:) as I got mine, she was in shock for months, but even so I never regreted it.

Think well before you do it, be sure that's what you really want and maybe wait a bit longer just to be sure. :)

I agree it's better when we get our tattoes when we are older, we had the time to mature the idea. ^_^

My mom wanted to die when she found out I wanted one, and she is upset about it. My dad has a bunch and wants to take me. I also want to get a new type of removable ink, that way in case I do regret it the tattoo can be removed without scaring.

My mom wanted to die when she found out I wanted one, and she is upset about it. My dad has a bunch and wants to take me. I also want to get a new type of removable ink, that way in case I do regret it the tattoo can be removed without scaring.

I have never heard about this ink. :huh: Does it really work and is it also harmless?

Beware of Henna tattooes though, people, they can cause real damage to some people, lots of pain and scars. Most people think they are harmless, but as there's no control on the henna used on those tattooes, they can cause an awful damage to your skin.

From my understanding (haven't done too much research) they can use a special laser and the ink will melt, in a sense, out of your skin. The ink peranent, so they don't fade, but it can be removed.

I've been thinking about a henna tattoo, but I'm glad you said that because I've never heard of that before. I want to get the Chinese symbols for peace, love, and happiness down the back of my neck.

Thought I'd share another experience of women and tattoos. (Since it is a tattoo thread! :o)

When me and my dad saw Kid Rock in concert 4 years ago (Yeah, laugh it up...I was somewhat slightly musically retarded then) there was this one woman there, who had tattoos all over. The tattoos looked nice but my dad told me that he doesn't get why a woman would do that, and said it looked like shit and wasn't attractive.

But then again, 80% of the crowd at the concert was trash already. >_>

From my understanding (haven't done too much research) they can use a special laser and the ink will melt, in a sense, out of your skin. The ink peranent, so they don't fade, but it can be removed.

I've been thinking about a henna tattoo, but I'm glad you said that because I've never heard of that before. I want to get the Chinese symbols for peace, love, and happiness down the back of my neck.

I'll send you a PM, lzfan, so you can see the difference between the hennas used on the Henna tattoes my daughter and I got as we were in Morocco three years ago. It's easier for you to understand, I think. The tattooes on our feet were darker, almost black, the ones on our hands were brown. The black henna caused a sort of alergie on my daughter, it took months to heal and her skin was awful, she had fever, it was a nightmare. I only found out later that the darker the henna the more dangerous it is.

I never had any serious thoughts about a tattoo. But i do think the older you get, you dont think about a tattoo as you did when your younger. I just funtacked a great photo of yosemite from the latest -sierra magazine on my walll, so thats cool for me. I do appreciate peoples tattoos and the stories behind them though.

I didn't say you were gonna. Just shared that story. My friend wanted to get tats of something that would symbolize us as brothers, but I'm not sure.

I know, I didn't mean it in a bad way. Just makin' a statment.

I'd be careful of that because friendships can disolve and you are stuck with a tattoo.

Fifty isn't too old and in fact I think it's better to wait. Bodies and tastes change over time.

If I had gotten a tattoo at twenty I shudder to think of the of horrifying thing I might be carrying around with me for life:

crumb:1980.jpg

I'm only joking about the Robert Crumb tattoo, but I do think if you get a tattoo when you're young it's good to exercise foresight: pick a relatively unchanging body part (biceps, shoulderblades, calves) and a design that won't literally brand you as a person with poor judgment. I personally wouldn't tattoo any body part I wouldn't want closely inspected, but I also wouldn't tattoo any part of my body I already considered beautiful. As you might have guessed I have a lot of rules but no tattoos, and I'm glad.

In spite of the calculus I just outlined I can admire well-done tattoos on others. Dancin' Days, your tats look very nice and I also think ledbaby's pussy design is cute.

Actually I've almost gotten a tattoo on a number of occasions. I was kidding about the kitty tattoo, but I do think it's cute artwork. I think a couple well placed tattoos is fine. Nothing real big and I think they look nicer on girls than guys. But then what doesnt :)

Good morning all.

My dad has a lot of tattoos and he says they don't hurt that bad. He says you can feel it, but it isn't a ot of pain.

Yeah most people I know have tattoos, and they've all said the same thing. I guess once you get over the initial pain, it's not too bad. And also depending on the size of the tattoo and where you get it.

My wife has a small one on her foot. She said it was fairly painfull as I can imagine. It's not stopping her though, she's getting another.

You can see it on this pic (it isn't that vlear, but I can't find a better pic now)

tailandia-cambodja773.jpg

I love the sun. And I have wanted to have a sun tattoed on me for long, I just couldn't find the right one. As Dreamland was released I simply loved the cover and the album....the perfect sun was there, no more need to look for another one. B) And I'm glad it's related to Robert Plant too, though I'm sure most Led Zeppelin fans wouldn't recognize the drawing.

Your tattoo looks great ut do yu have a close up you can post?

Someone said to me this weekend "it is stupid to get a tattoo at 50". What do you think? :blahblah:

I've mulled over getting some tats for years but could never bring myself to do it (I'm 58 now).

But I've always loved fine-line and there's still a possibility.

B)

Archived