But the skin graft man won't get you

You'll be there when I die

Tattoo

Now I'm older, I'm tattooed all over

My wife is tattooed too

A rooty-toot-toot, A rooty-tooty-toot-toot

Rooty-toot-toot tattoo too

To you

I personally don't like them, but I guess some people feel the need to mark up their bodies with cartoon figures, bizarre religious symbols and other commerical trademarks.

Too each his own I guess.

Some people get tattoos for fun, nothing wrong with that. It's all temporary, in the end, isn't it? :)

But lots of people get tattoos to symbolize important influences or people in their lives. They're talismans and art, not cartoons and trademarks.

Well, unless you get a twit artist.

Fifty isn't too old and in fact I think it's better to wait. Bodies and tastes change over time.

If I had gotten a tattoo at twenty I shudder to think of the of horrifying thing I might be carrying around with me for life:

crumb:1980.jpg

:lol:

My dad has a lot of tattoos and he says they don't hurt that bad. He says you can feel it, but it isn't a ot of pain. I'm afraid of needles though. I want a tattoo, but I'm not old enough to get one and I want to make sure that I will like them and they mean something to me.

Depends where you get them, some places hurt more than others. But pretty much it's kind of like skinning your knee. Nothing a little aspirin can't take care of.

At least in the end you have something good (hopefully), not just some dumb scar. Plus your body produces endorphins while they're being done, which is part of why they're so addictive, maybe. Also, it's the psychology of having control over pain, instead of it controlling you.

I just know once you start, you seem to always want another one!

(Speaking of skinning your knee, my brother-in-law was talking about getting a tattoo of a scab on his knee. :D )

I just wonder who the person is that decides when someone else is "too old" for a tattoo. There are 2 tattoo's I want. And if anyone thinks I in my 30's am "too old" for a tattoo they will just have to deal with it. Or not. I don't really care much. And let me add my mom who's in her 60's also, wants one. Maybe we should go together and get our tats.

I just wonder who the person is that decides when someone else is "too old" for a tattoo. There are 2 tattoo's I want. And if anyone thinks I in my 30's am "too old" for a tattoo they will just have to deal with it. Or not. I don't really care much. And let me add my mom who's in her 60's also, wants one. Maybe we should go together and get our tats.

You tell 'em Kat! Now get your mom and head on down to the parlor. I will be posting mine tomorrow. :yay:

Here is my new tattoo.

Tats003.jpg

That is awesome :thumbsup:! Very nice! And lol thank you. I'll see if I can set that tat date with my mom when she and my dad come in town next week! If we go I'll be posting a pic of my tat!

That is awesome :thumbsup:! Very nice! And lol thank you. I'll see if I can set that tat date with my mom when she and my dad come in town next week! If we go I'll be posting a pic of my tat!

Thanks Kat, I can't wait to see yours!

• 4 weeks later...

I took the plunge and had this done today (you can see it's still a wee bit red and sore!) I've wanted one doing for a while now. Not the most original Zep tatt I know, but I wanted it on my back and the 4 symbols fit just right. I did it now to commemorate Bonzo's 60th (in May), Robert's 60th coming up, the 40th anniversary of Led Zeppelin and with the Knebworth event coming up, plus of course the 29th anniversary. It kinda hurt getting it done, but bearable. I would describe it as like a constant cat scratch :D I really love it! It's my first (and probably last) at 41 LOL.

008.jpg

I took the plunge and had this done today (you can see it's still a wee bit red and sore!) I've wanted one doing for a while now. Not the most original Zep tatt I know, but I wanted it on my back and the 4 symbols fit just right. I did it now to commemorate Bonzo's 60th (in May), Robert's 60th coming up, the 40th anniversary of Led Zeppelin and with the Knebworth event coming up, plus of course the 29th anniversary. It kinda hurt getting it done, but bearable. I would describe it as like a constant cat scratch :D I really love it! It's my first (and probably last) at 41 LOL.

008.jpg

Very nice MissHD!

It looks great on you!!! :D

008.jpg

Nice Bum :oops::yay:

008.jpg

A steady handed artist applied their craft well on a fine piece of "canvas." MissHoneydripper,you wear it quite well.Kudos!

That looks fantastic. I plan on getting something similar for my first tattoo. Probably same tattoo, I just haven't decided where.

If you post some photo's of yourself, I'm sure we could have a vote to help you decide.:thumbsup:

If you post some nude photo's of your self, front, back and sides,I'm sure we could have a vote to help you decide, Please. :thumbsup:

Bigdan, she is just a kid, I don't think it's the right thing to say to a child on a public board. Or even in private. I'm not saying you shouldn't make jokes, I'm all for jokes....but try to get to know the people you're talking to a bit better before you sugget something like this. No offense intended, OK? :)

Sorry Peeps,

As it's 02.30 am where I am I thought we would all be adults and the kids would be in bed, no insult intended "lzfan715" I didn't check your profile out before hand, my apologies.

Me and me big mouth.

008.jpg

JUST B-E-A-UTIFUL, and sexy... :thumbsup:

Archived