Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
danelectro59

JPJ's best bass work

Yep, Herman, Lily, Eddie and Grandpa :D

The role of Marilyn is yet to be named...

Who would be your choice for Marilyn?

R B)

Cher

_919805_cher_afp300.jpg

Good Times, Bad Times. So darn nasty.

The Crunge

OtHaFA

Stairway

There are very few bands with a pair of quintessential rock duos. Zeppelin is only rivaled by the Who, in that regard.

I actually think some of his best work was his keyboard playing. But maybe that's just because I'm a keyboard player. B)

On bass, Dazed and Confused is hard to beat. Achilles Last Stand is amazing too.

I can't argue there. My absolute favorite is SIBLY, right after the guitar lead when Robert sings "said I've been crying, my tears they fell like rain" (Bonham's killer snare and bass fill) and "don't you hear, don't you hear them falling" The Hammond organ run sounds like it came straight from the Triple Rock Baptist Church on the south side of Chicago. Yea, it took a few months to respond, but I was going through some old posts and happened upon this one and remembered how I love that part of the song almost as much as Pagey's lead or Percy's vocals. Bloody awesome.

I don't think any of the other 3 members were as important to Zeppelin as Jimmy. They all held their own performance wise, Jimmy had the whole thing mapped out. There's a reason Page got production credits for Zeppelin's albums. He ultimately decides how they sound.

Zep was an ensemble. Jimmy may have been the architect but without the others' input, it never would have worked. If you want evidence, listen to The Yardbirds Little Games album. It's pretty much Led Zeppelin I without the right personnel. Or listen to the Yardbirds proto-Tangerine vs. the finished Zep one. The devil's in the details, folks.