Robert Plant/Alison Krauss Ravinia Show

I just read on the Ravinia website that they don't allow cameras in the seated area. :(

or drinks... :o

The venue website for the show I saw in Canandaigua last week said the same thing. But they didn't even check for cameras at the gate, and EVERYONE ended up taking pics and videos. I guess it just depends on how strict the security is. I was able to walk right into the venue early on during Sharon Little's soundcheck and no one said anything. All of the security was sitting in the seated area getting a "GO TEAM" lecture from the Head Security guy, so there was no one there to stop us. lol

The venue website for the show I saw in Canandaigua last week said the same thing. But they didn't even check for cameras at the gate, and EVERYONE ended up taking pics and videos. I guess it just depends on how strict the security is. I was able to walk right into the venue early on during Sharon Little's soundcheck and no one said anything. All of the security was sitting in the seated area getting a "GO TEAM" lecture from the Head Security guy, so there was no one there to stop us. lol

You're lucky. I don't think I'll try it, it would be just my luck to have my camera taken away.

You're lucky. I don't think I'll try it, it would be just my luck to have my camera taken away.

I took our camera in the Asheville show.I just bought a new card just for the show,I figured that if they wanted the camera,I would plead with them to take just the memory card B)

Maybe you can get a disposable one?

I think you should definitely try if you want pics. At least go with the disposable option. I saw the show again last night in Detroit, and they checked purses and jackets, but I had my camera in there, and either they were blind or didn't care. I managed to take a ton of pics. The security were even telling people that it was ok to take pics, but not video.

The show was fantastic. Ravinia is a gorgeous outdoor venue with a very large lawn area and about 3,000 Pavilion seats. I don't have any pictures though. (I didn't bring a camera after all)

Alison Krauss is so amazing.

I loved everything except the sitting down part. We tried on a couple songs to stand but they made sure people sat back down. Alison and T-Bone seem to get a kick out of the whole Zeppelin fan thing. It seemed obvious who the Zeppelin fans were because we all stood up after each Zeppelin song, like mini standing ovations.

At the end of the concert Robert says, "We'll see you soon"

I'm sure he meant the Raising Sand Review (round 2) but we can all dream it would be with Jimmy, JPJ and Jason.

And Sharon Little was really great too.

The show was fantastic. Ravinia is a gorgeous outdoor venue with a very large lawn area and about 3,000 Pavilion seats. I don't have any pictures though. (I didn't bring a camera after all)

Alison Krauss is so amazing.

I loved everything except the sitting down part. We tried on a couple songs to stand but they made sure people sat back down. Alison and T-Bone seem to get a kick out of the whole Zeppelin fan thing. It seemed obvious who the Zeppelin fans were because we all stood up after each Zeppelin song, like mini standing ovations.

I'm sure he meant the Raising Sand Review (round 2) but we can all dream it would be with Jimmy, JPJ and Jason.

And Sharon Little was really great too.

Did the camera thing scare you a little?

Yeah we really enjoyed Sharon Little a lot.So humble,she said that she was working in a Chinese restaurant 3 months ago,I think :D She had a very good voice!

The show was fantastic. Ravinia is a gorgeous outdoor venue with a very large lawn area and about 3,000 Pavilion seats.

I loved everything except the sitting down part. We tried on a couple songs to stand but they made sure people sat back down.

Why didn't you want to sit down to listen to the show? The only show I'd want to stand for, and dance, would be some disco show or a raindance injun band.

Standing at a show sucks.

He's been saying that since at least the 70's.

Friends, that clock has done done it again. It's come all the way around there and caught up with us. That means we're gonna have to leave you for now, but we'll be back. So this is Hank Williams saying if the good Lord's a-willing and the creeks don't rise we'll see ya fore long.

Why didn't you want to sit down to listen to the show? The only show I'd want to stand for, and dance, would be some disco show or a raindance injun band.

Standing at a show sucks.

I just like having the option to get up and stand when I feel like doing so. Black Country Woman, Gone Gone Gone... I just have a hard time standing still or sitting down when music like that is on.

And yeah Rorer, I was a little unsure about the camera thing. Lots of camera phones in the Pavilion area, but other than that, I only saw 1 person take a picture with a regular camera. I did manage to get one good photo of T-Bone on my cell phone, but the ones of Robert or Alison didn't turn out so good.

I have seen Robert 20+ times and this was by far the worst. What was so amazing. The weather was great but the sound in the pavilian was poor. The band was good. Alison does have a great voice. Robert's voice sounded very strong. In the past Robert and what ever band he was with pushed the music, last night it just felt like he was holding back. It was a good show but far from what he is capable of.

I have seen Robert 20+ times and this was by far the worst. What was so amazing. The weather was great but the sound in the pavilian was poor. The band was good. Alison does have a great voice. Robert's voice sounded very strong. In the past Robert and what ever band he was with pushed the music, last night it just felt like he was holding back. It was a good show but far from what he is capable of.

Really, the worst? wow. How about just different? Do you like Raising Sand? This definitely is a different style for him.

I do agree that he was holding back a little from what we are used to.

The sound being bad never crossed my mind. I thought it was fine.

Just posting this for this Wednesday's show. I'm so excited! Anyone else going to this one?

I just read on the Ravinia website that they don't allow cameras in the seated area. :(

or drinks... :o

Wish I had seen your post before the show or I would have suggested sneaking drinks and camera in. I go to Ravinia every year for at least one show. The program they give you works well to wrap around drink to hide. lol! I took quite a few pics without the flash on and security didn't bother me.

I can share photos if I can figure out how to post them here. Anyone know how?

Really, the worst? wow. How about just different? Do you like Raising Sand? This definitely is a different style for him.

I do agree that he was holding back a little from what we are used to.

The sound being bad never crossed my mind. I thought it was fine.

We where all the way on the left side so maybe the sound was just off on the sides. I do like most of Raising Sand but live the show was just slow. Robert out touring and happy is all I can ask for. Where ever that leads him and then inturn us will hopefully be as fun as the last 20 years I have followed him.

Archived