Led Zeppelin Reunion Honoured At Mojo Awards

ro_a

http://www.showbizspy.com/news/06162008/le...-at-mojo-awards

Led Zeppelin Reunion Honoured At Mojo Awards

By WENN, June 16 2008

Legendary rockers LED ZEPPELIN were honoured for their one-off reunion at Britain's Mojo Magazine Awards on Monday (16Jun08).

The group, which reformed for a sold-out show last December (07) at London's O2 Wembley Arena, scooped the Best Live Act prize at the event in London.

Led Zeppelin were just one of a host of reunited veteran British bands who received gongs at the prizegiving.

Nice to see both JPJ and Jimmy there together... rather than just one. :)

Must have forgotten Robert's number?

This backs up something I have been saying since I saw the photos and video (let alone the audio). The O2 show set a new benchmark for live performances for any act - dinosaur band or modern band. The video screen set-up was more innovative than anything that has ever been done by anyone before.

I just had a thought - has anyone seen the U2 3D film? Imagine a big screen at a live gig, in 3D. People wear the glasses like in the cinemas, and get the full 3D experience from the big screen as well as actually seeing the band in the flesh....hmmmm

Hello:

It was @ 3:30 a.m. (Canada time) when I awoke....I put the television on and flipped through the channels until I reached the BBC WORLD...

All of a sudden to my absolute delight was the feature on these awards...I thought I was dreaming!!! Jimmy was being interviewed. He made a comment when asked about a reunion tour. He said that Led Zeppelin is four members. He said that Robert Plant was off doing something else right now..I believe the reporter ended by saying there is much anticipation or speculation and hopes for a tour...

I was thrilled to hear him speak. Jimmy looks just great....and so does John Paul..

I made a cup of tea...then finally fell back to sleep...

Juliet :thanku:

Congrats to the guys. Well deserved even if it was a fore-gone conlcusion...

^_^

This backs up something I have been saying since I saw the photos and video (let alone the audio). The O2 show set a new benchmark for live performances for any act - dinosaur band or modern band. The video screen set-up was more innovative than anything that has ever been done by anyone before.

I just had a thought - has anyone seen the U2 3D film? Imagine a big screen at a live gig, in 3D. People wear the glasses like in the cinemas, and get the full 3D experience from the big screen as well as actually seeing the band in the flesh....hmmmm

I think it might take away from the band itself. Though a 3D Imax of Zeppelin in concert would blow my mind for sure!!

I think that the 02 showed all the younger bands out there what playing live is all about. No piped in extra sounds, Just four guys............a singer (harmonica player), lead guitar, keyboard/bass guitar player, and a drummer with incredible family lineage and skill. Not to mention that they were "LED ZEPPELIN" that night, all four, had rehearsed hard and had something to prove. I just do not think that show will be topped by anyone, and no one will even try to.

Robert was out parking the car, of course.

Out making music and doing gigs is more like it, expert. Unlike his former bandmates who specialize in ligging and guest appearances with lightweight bands.

Love,

Billy

Out making music and doing gigs is more like it, expert. Unlike his former bandmates who specialize in ligging and guest appearances with lightweight bands.

Love,

Billy

No need to get snippy, I was only making a combination joke/historical reference. What does ligging mean, by the way?

Love,

Billy

Serious lack of a sense of humor here....you should go on the pet peeves board and warm up before you hit the big boys board...

If you want to call it music, many may call it other things.

Right, many called "Morons" aka "big boys" with no taste in music. Quite large crowd in these parts. Who's your leader? Steve A Stalker Jones?

Love,

Billy

Robert's parking the car.

Id go see Jimmy and JPJ in a heart beat, but I wouldnt go see Robert. Its much harder to do a tour as a guitar player w/o your singer than as a a singer w/o your guitar player! There is no reason Robert cant do both or do a couple shows in btwn, but its his call, unfortunately!

Here's a video clip of Page and Jones accepting the Mojo award, gotta love these two guys, the coolest 2 musicians on the planet together, talk about clout...

very cool! excellent post, thank you!

Archived