New Jimmy Interview

ledwallett

whad'ya expect? your postulation has no basis in fact. you're right,i'm sorry, i could have been nicer, but you weren't being very nice to the poster you were responding to.

you don't STILL honestly believe robert was embarrassed to sing, do you? i mean, really, all kidding aside, you do see that he was meaning the size, adulation, and expectations of the reunion, not the band itself.

please tell me you've reconsidered this, so my faith in humanity will be restored.

remember, what doesn't kill you only makes you die later!

:huh: Where'd you get I wasn't being "nice" to Knebby and why are you responding for him? Lighten up, beatbop! All I'm saying is Robert's quote is very vague, so it's gonna cause debates and mis-interpretations. It may cause debates for decades it was so vague!

And yes I do believe he was embarrassed to be up there on stage singing all the oldies to the newbies (most of whom didn't deserve to be in the first 6 rows anyway but got there b/c their rich daddies knew someone important). Facts: The crowd is different now, Robert said so. He was up there singing. He said he was embarassed. Postulation: Hopefully not embarassed to be singing with the band, but embarassed as he was singing nevertheless. I hope this clears up things between us, not that I believe it will because my glass of Jack Daniel's is half empty. ;)

And yes I do believe he was embarrassed to be up there on stage singing all the oldies to the newbies (most of whom didn't deserve to be in the first 6 rows anyway but got there b/c their rich daddies knew someone important).

Where you there taking names and running background check on each and every member of the audience or was it only the people in the first 6 rows who you deem unworthy of attendance?

Certainly not Led Zeppelin. There is no Led Zeppelin without John Bonham. Lynyrd Skynyrd, Little Feat, the Who, the Allman Brothers Band and tons of other groups continue to play despite having lost key members over the years but there's no confusing them with the real thing. I feel the same way about Led Zeppelin. If McCartney and Ringo were to regroup with Dhani Harrison and Sean (or Julian) Lennon would you call that "the Beatles"?

I have said for years, no Bonham, no Zeppelin. I feel that way if any member is missing at any stage. That being said, the three living members, and John Bonham's family disagree with you, and I. All in attendance, and all approved of the band that played the 02 was in fact, Led Zeppelin.

:huh: Where'd you get I wasn't being "nice" to Knebby and why are you responding for him? Lighten up, beatbop! All I'm saying is Robert's quote is very vague, so it's gonna cause debates and mis-interpretations. It may cause debates for decades it was so vague!

And yes I do believe he was embarrassed to be up there on stage singing all the oldies to the newbies (most of whom didn't deserve to be in the first 6 rows anyway but got there b/c their rich daddies knew someone important). Facts: The crowd is different now, Robert said so. He was up there singing. He said he was embarassed. Postulation: Hopefully not embarassed to be singing with the band, but embarassed as he was singing nevertheless. I hope this clears up things between us, not that I believe it will because my glass of Jack Daniel's is half empty. ;)

okay. i thought there was some reason and logic somewhere here. my bad. again your postulation with only a portion of the quote. i'm positive knebby is more than capable, but any response to anybody in a public forum is fair game. i wasn't responding for knebby-i was responding for mysel. i was only apologizing for using the same tone you had previously. it seemed to be the currency being used. if you really believe what you wrote, well, i can't stop ya. but please don't be petulant-it's only rock and roll.

my glass is half-full so..

have a drink on me.

In the end, oh horrors, here comes the Plant Brigade, I'm sure - I thought the whole show would have been equally as good without Robert Plant in it. Not that he was bad, he was very good. He held his own against someone 20 + years younger, at 6,000 feet elevation, in front of a great band. But - someone else would've probably have fit the role equally well, although not as uniquely.

IMHO.............Plant does not fit in well at all, especially singing Zep at these shows.

just making the point there is no Led Zeppelin without John Bonham

That's your opinion. With Jason on the drum kit, many are happy to call them LED ZEPPELIN.

okay. i thought there was some reason and logic somewhere here. my bad. again your postulation with only a portion of the quote. i'm positive knebby is more than capable, but any response to anybody in a public forum is fair game. i wasn't responding for knebby-i was responding for mysel. i was only apologizing for using the same tone you had previously. it seemed to be the currency being used. if you really believe what you wrote, well, i can't stop ya. but please don't be petulant-it's only rock and roll.

my glass is half-full so..

have a drink on me.

Sweetheart, thank you for the apology, which is rare on this forum. I don't recall having a tone on this thread, but maybe others due to certain a-hole members who think they can cyber-smack me and get away with it.

ps- I don't smoke the puff 'n stuff, I've got asthma!

B)

Yes, it does. Unless you didn't read your own post:

Z won't respond to this because it's moronic. No where in his post does it say every member of this board has Led Zeppelin as it's favorite band. You must have read that while dropping Lucy in the sky with diamonds. :D

OH and also, Johnny Cash was a spoiled rich kid drug addict phony, who's music is ok at best IMO.

I have said for years, no Bonham, no Zeppelin. I feel that way if any member is missing at any stage. That being said, the three living members, and John Bonham's family disagree with you, and I. All in attendance, and all approved of the band that played the 02 was in fact, Led Zeppelin.

No one lost more than Bonzo's family, or the other three original members of the band, when John died. The fact that those people are calling it Led Zeppelin without apparent handwringing is what makes me accept it.

I don't even think it's all that delicate of a subject. They have been enormously respectful of Bonzo's legacy and contributions, moreso than practically any other deceased human being I know of, famous or not.

Life is for the living. I think to NOT play as Led Zeppelin, when it's his son who's been welcomed to the fold, would be disrespectful. (Not to mention simply a pain in the ass... what, should they be "The Artists Formerly Known as Led Zeppelin?")

No one lost more than Bonzo's family, or the other three original members of the band, when John died. The fact that those people are calling it Led Zeppelin without apparent handwringing is what makes me accept it.

Amen. The glow on Pat and Deborah's faces that night at the O2 says it all. Who are we to mince and to judge? :beer:

Archived