New Jimmy Interview

ledwallett

The 1986 date is correct - the Tony Thompson sessions which were aborted. I'm not talking about Live Aid.

And Coverdale-Page was released in 1993 and that's when they began touring.

And I suppose it wasn't all solo work for Page. There's also the critically reviled The Firm (though I, and most Zep fans, do enjoy that project).

Of course you agree with him. That's because you're a couple of nitwits who should get married and live happily ever after. Labeling what Robert's doing now as "bluegrass" proves that you don't know what you're talking about. Do us all a favor. Take a quarter out of petty cash and go buy yourself a clue.

I'm smarter AND better looking than you are. Go suck your mother's cokc in front of a priest, you dumbfuck piece of shit. There. Is that the sort of answer you are fishing for with your post? Cause you're really flying low on content there, buddy.

It IS bluegrass. Look at the grammy(s). Nitwit.

Go win the lottery and buy yourself a quarter.

I don't care if I get banned from the forum. I can't stand bullshit like this and shitbulls like you.

I'm smarter AND better looking than you are. Go suck your mother's cokc in front of a priest, you dumbfuck piece of shit. There. Is that the sort of answer you are fishing for with your post? Cause you're really flying low on content there, buddy.

I don't care if I get banned from the forum. I can't stand bullshit like this and shitbulls like you.

I hope and pray that all the rumors I am hearing on the music scene in Nashville (Plant will reunite with Zeppelin next spring and Alison will reconvene Union Station) are true so that this forum will become more peaceful and we can unite in worry about getting tickets.

[/quot

Do you have to be that crass to get your point across? There are other ways to say the same thing without being so nasty about it.

Jason has been old enough to fill his Fathers shoes for about the past 15 years. So, it took Percy some 15 years to find a reason to do a true LZ show (the 02). How long should we wait, another 15 years? No, Plant needs to be called out this time and start thinking about all the fans that want him to do more LZ work. If not, fine...............then be honest enough to say it's over, not the maybe games so the rest of the band can hook up with someone that cares.

Record's still skipping in that same spot, eh scs? "Plant needs to be called out this time"?? You've been calling him out in every post you've made since you joined this board, regardless of which username and however many bannings. You did the same thing on the old board too. You've been calling him out for the last 15 years with your 55+ or whatever friends by your own admission. I don't know how long we should wait, but I certainly think he should wait at least until you get back on your meds Mr. Chapman.

I hope and pray that all the rumors I am hearing on the music scene in Nashville (Plant will reunite with Zeppelin next spring and Alison will reconvene Union Station) are true so that this forum will become more peaceful and we can unite in worry about getting tickets.

If the rumors you are hearing become true, Robert and Jimmy are a pair of bold faced liars. Robert has made it clear he does not wish to commit to a Zeppelin project, which was validated by Jimmy Page, in his recent interviews.

Jason has been old enough to fill his Fathers shoes for about the past 15 years. So, it took Percy some 15 years to find a reason to do a true LZ show (the 02). How long should we wait, another 15 years? No, Plant needs to be called out this time and start thinking about all the fans that want him to do more LZ work. If not, fine...............then be honest enough to say it's over, not the maybe games so the rest of the band can hook up with someone that cares.

Just because Jason was "old enough" for about the last 15 years doesn't mean he was ready to fill in for his father.

How do you know it was Robert who took 15 years to find a reason to do a "true LZ show (the O2)? Maybe the others were unsure about Jason's abilities to step up and play.

I don't have a problem with people voicing their opinions about RP but why state opinions as fact? None of us really knows why a reunion never took place before the O2 except for the actual band members themselves. Just because RP has expressed his hesitance about it in interviews doesn't mean that any of us knows for a fact what factors have influenced the decisions they have made regarding LZ.

If the rumors you are hearing become true, Robert and Jimmy are a pair of bold faced liars. Robert has made it clear he does not wish to commit to a Zeppelin project, which was validated by Jimmy Page, in his recent interviews.

They never lie...they just always do a damn good job dancing around answering the question ;)

Are you calling me gay?????

No Ledded1, not at all. In this context, "Married To" means someone that will take up for Percy no matter how long he strings his fans along. You know, the Percy apologist's, the ones that keep drinking the kool aid.

No Ledded1, not at all. In this context, "Married To" means someone that will take up for Percy no matter how long he strings his fans along. You know, the Percy apologist's, the ones that keep drinking the kool aid.

I'd be curious as to what Percy's said recently that "strings his fans along." Wanna quote some sources there or just make blanket, declarative statements?

You know, the Percy apologist's, the ones that keep drinking the kool aid.

Again with the "Percy Apologists"? Just because we don't share your relentless feelings of resentment and utter contempt for Plant, we're on Kool Aid? Keep pointing your crooked finger Mr. O'reilly, cause you're clearly unfair and imbalanced. :rolleyes:

This just in: Percy says if they do reform, you will be refused entry, and tossed into a burlap sack with an angry family of badgers.

Record's still skipping in that same spot, eh scs? "Plant needs to be called out this time"?? You've been calling him out in every post you've made since you joined this board, regardless of which username and however many bannings. You did the same thing on the old board too. You've been calling him out for the last 15 years with your 55+ or whatever friends by your own admission. I don't know how long we should wait, but I certainly think he should wait at least until you get back on your meds Mr. Chapman.

Booyah!! Right on, Ev. I looked at SCS's posting history, and out of 110 posts, I'd say at least 100 are of the Plant-bashing variety. We're all drinking Kool-Aid, yet he only ever talks about one thing. Mix it up a little, dude.

Bashing is when you talk bad about someone in a direct personal way. I'm sure that Plant is a good human being. All I am saying is that it would be nice of him to do more for his fans that are more into his LZ work then his solo work. Go ahead and waste your time going over my post's and find one time that I have cursed, called anyone a name etc. The times I have made refference to kool aid drinkers and Plant apologists was long after being cursed and called a idiot. You all are the ones that are bashers......you bash someone with a different opinion. But please do not think that you are hurting my feelings, I find way to much humor :D when you all act this way. I have always said that if Percy never plays LZ again, thats fine. (At this point, Chris Robinson would do better anyway) I just wish that Percy would get over his usual antics.

Dunno who cursed you called you an idiot, wasn't me. But in my estimation, calling someone a Kool Aid drinker has the same connotation:

1. Kool Aid Drinker:

Derived from the 60's drug culture when hippies would drop acid in their Kool Aid. A Liberal who is delusional in their beliefs.

If you believe the Federal government blew-up the World Trade Center, you're a Kool Aid Drinker. "We won't be truly free until all drugs are legal."

2. kool aid drinker:

Someone who beleives what they are told without thinking for themselves. From the followers of Jim Jones in Guyana who committed suicide by drinking poisoned Kool Aid.

You've been bashing us as being precisely that for months.

(At this point, Chris Robinson would do better anyway)

Hardly. You can take Robert out of Zeppelin but you can't take the Zeppelin out of Robert. And you certainly can't put it into Chris Robinson (though the Page/Crowes concerts were a lot of fun!).

Yes, the Page/Crowes concerts were fun, but let's hope there's more Jason, Jimmy, JPJ & Robert one-offs sometime soon. :D

We'll just have to wait and see. It's totally up to them. :)

R B)

Maybe Page and Jones need to gradually warm Robert up to the idea of another collaboration. Do a Page, Bonham, and Jones album (PB & J! ha!) and ask him to sing one of the songs if he isn't up for a full blown reunion, sort of like the song "The Only One" on Outrider. Maybe the experience of working in the studio together again will rejuvenate an intrigue in the group for Robert and he might have second thoughts. Have him sing several songs ostensibly to see which would be the best to put on the album along with other songs from different singers. If they are all up to snuff, maybe he might like to put the whole collection out, and maybe, um, he might want to go on a supporting tour.

The old bait and switch might work!

Just because Jason was "old enough" for about the last 15 years doesn't mean he was ready to fill in for his father.

How do you know it was Robert who took 15 years to find a reason to do a "true LZ show (the O2)? Maybe the others were unsure about Jason's abilities to step up and play.

I don't have a problem with people voicing their opinions about RP but why state opinions as fact? None of us really knows why a reunion never took place before the O2 except for the actual band members themselves. Just because RP has expressed his hesitance about it in interviews doesn't mean that any of us knows for a fact what factors have influenced the decisions they have made regarding LZ.

Rather than blame Robert solely - think about this - Page/Plant. Why weren't Jason and JPJ brought in then? Doesn't Jimmy share at least 1/2 the blame there? Jimmy's substance abuse issues were as big a factor for Zeppelin not getting together again as Robert's unwillingness. We know that there were issues which prevented Page/Plant continuing beyond '98. Do you expect Robert to have sat around waiting for Page to get clean and reunite Zeppelin? Come on guys get real.

Chris Robinson is born with the Sun in Sagittarius and Aries rising and Jimmy Page is born with the Sun in Capricorn. I'm not sure why that didn't work.

Interestingly, Peter Grant was born under Aries, but he apparently got along quite well with Jimmy Page. Maybe there was something different in his chart that made the planetary angles more favorable in relation to Jimmy's chart.

Archived