Zeppelin Rolling Stone Cover 2007

Yup, bought Mojo and Classic Rock a few nights ago and the new Rolling Stone surprisingly arrived in the mail last night!

The Rolling Stone interview is quite recent. Plant is more optimistic about a tour!

B):cheer::chickeddance:

I've been looking for the latest CR magazine; I stopped by borders Saturday and they still have November's issue on the shelves. I don't expect to see the new Mojo for another week or two but I'm definitely checking the bookstores and newsstands for either.

The article posted in this thread is only an exerpt, it's actually much longer. It's one of the better Zep articles I've ever read, lots of great info and insight.

Some of the most interesting stuff relates to Jason. The article says he has an encyclopedic knowledge of Zep's live recordings, which is helping the band. I'm paraphrasing, but I think it's Robert who is quoted as saying something like "when we're rehearsing, we'll be trying to remember exactly how a certain song goes, or how we used to play it, and Jason will say 'you started the song this way in 71, but did it this way in 73'"

And it's touching how much reverance he pays to his dad at all times. The article talks about how he came home after the first rehearsal, and his mom Pat asked him how it went. He was so excited, but didn't want to seem overly geeked, because he didn't want his Mom to feel like he was excited to be replacing Bonzo. And Jason says he doesn't want to show off or have the spotlight on him the night of the concert out of respect to his Dad, and the guys are trying to convince him to enjoy it and take a bow, it's what his Dad would want...

I'll pull the magazine out tonight and grab some other tidbits.

Archived