Deborah Bonham

beatbo

Deborah Bonham To Release Album

by Paul Cashmere - June 18 2008

from undercover.com.au

Deborah Bonham, the younger sister of Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, is about to release another album.

In 1985, Deborah released her debut album 'For You and the Moon'. While reviewers liked the record, Deborah didn't like the industry and withdrew from the music biz.

She was reluctant to start recording. After John died, she says "I knew some people would think I was just jumping on the bandwagon."

A few years ago, she came back with her second album after almost a 20 year break. 'The Old Hyde' featured Dougie Boyle of Robert Plant's band, Mick Fleetwood, The Pretenders' Robbie McIntosh and Robbie Blunt as well as her nephew (and John's son) Jason Bonham.

It looks like her last taste of performing didn't leave the same bad taste in her mouth from her original album. Deborah has recorded her third album, 'Duchess', which is due for release next week.

This round features appearances from Humble Pie drummer Jerry Shirley, vocals from Paul Rodgers (Queen, Free, Bad Company) and again, nephew Jason belting the skins for Aunt Deb.

link

I'm looking forward to hearing this in full. Deborah has had snippets from some songs on her myspace page for a while, and she's sounding fantastic. Fingers crossed that this album will do well both here and in the States where it's getting a major release.

I wish her luck :thumbsup:

Archived