Rotterdam 1980

BIGDAN

man, these are smoking hot! easily the best of the lot, danny!

there's a 107 year old man in my house, and he just looked at them-he said they were 'outstanding.' now he asked me who that was...

Awesome Pics did You go to the Manhiem gig 3 july 80?

Hi 'alwizard03',

Sorry no, but I did do Munich, the one before their last which I think was Berlin.

Why did you ask about the Manheim gig, did you go or dose it mean something to you?

Although people on here say that certain gigs were not as good as others, as far as I have been concerned it is about being there. If the boys had an off day then I would never have noticed, I could never be that critical of a band that I love so much. I was enjoying the whole ambiance to have noticed a wrong note or a vocal missed.

I got to see them three times in the flesh, and that was nowhere near enough. Most people on here may never have seen them, so I feel really blessed to have the memories I have of those days and share then with the people who have none.

Regards, Danny

Hi 'alwizard03',

Sorry no, but I did do Munich, the one before their last which I think was Berlin.

Why did you ask about the Manheim gig, did you go or dose it mean something to you?

Although people on here say that certain gigs were not as good as others, as far as I have been concerned it is about being there. If the boys had an off day then I would never have noticed, I could never be that critical of a band that I love so much. I was enjoying the whole ambiance to have noticed a wrong note or a vocal missed.

I got to see them three times in the flesh, and that was nowhere near enough. Most people on here may never have seen them, so I feel really blessed to have the memories I have of those days and share then with the people who have none.

Regards, Danny

BIGDAN you are so right on the mark with that statement!! I saw Zeppelin in 1977 which was supposedly some of their worst concerts (in many people's eyes). I for one was loving every second of it and just being there enjoying that special moment with so many fans that adored them made it one of the best concerts I have EVER seen!! Whether they missed a note or guitar riff did not even matter to me - it was Led Zeppelin live and that was ALL that mattered to me :)

The Rotterdam 1980 show, just for your enjoyment Mr beatbo.

Rotterdam1980-02.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing these amazing photos with us, BIGDAN! :D These are priceless! I don't think I've ever seen photos of the band in 1980. The last photos I remember were of the Knebworth concert. Your photos give me some idea of what LZ (and their concerts) might have looked like had Bonzo lived and the band survived into the early 80's. All your photos are beautiful but I especially love the one that I quoted here: Jimmy and Bonzo. :'(

Hi 'alwizard03',

Regards, Danny

Amen to that. I couldn't have said it better. I've been to hundreds of concerts and I still believe that the mighty Led Zep on an off night was still worlds better than any other band on their best night.

BIGDAN you are so right on the mark with that statement!! I saw Zeppelin in 1977 which was supposedly some of their worst concerts (in many people's eyes). I for one was loving every second of it and just being there enjoying that special moment with so many fans that adored them made it one of the best concerts I have EVER seen!! Whether they missed a note or guitar riff did not even matter to me - it was Led Zeppelin live and that was ALL that mattered to me :)

I know exactly what you mean! As far as the Zep concerts I attended, I have my own personal favorites but I loved all of them and each was special to me. People sometimes pick apart a particular concert based upon listening to a boot (mentioning that one member or another was off on a particular song, etc.) but when I think back to what it was like to actually be at that concert, I never noticed those things. The overall feeling was so much more than that. I recently told someone how great Jimmy was at a certain concert I attended and the person responded back, "MSG, Jimmy was off - I think he was stoned that night." I was devastated until I realized that this person's assessment was based on listening to a boot, while mine was based on being there.

Hi 'alwizard03',

Regards, Danny

Yes it was the only 80 show I got to attend thanks to the Navy .I should not complain if if was not for the Navy I would have sit in the USA waiting like most Americans for the next Zep tour that never came.

Also attended the August 4th 1979 Knebworth show.The rest of the shows I went to were in the states. My pictures from the Manhiem show did not come out at all I had a nice Camera but no practice with it well I ruined the film.

Hi 'alwizard03',

Regards, Danny

So, so true Danny. No matter what boot you hear, being there WITH them and sharing mistakes well, that can't be put into a recording, period.

Really love your pics!! You have a piece of history there. Bonhams last stands. :(

Thank you for posting those!

Hi 'alwizard03',

Regards, Danny

You are so right BIGDAN, I was in Munich 1980 too and it was excellent. Jimmy's guitar sound blow you away! He plays very well, perfectly, fast and furios. He was the star of the evening. He pulled all attention on himself. I'll never forget!!

....and many thanks for these unique pictures

Archived