what are you listening to right NOW!?

42 minutes ago, Ross62 said:

Enjoyment level?

10/10, I'd forgotten how great AFD is. It must be over twenty years since I sat through the whole album. In the day I had all the related singles (for their non album B-sides), I played this album to death, too much probably. I felt old (I was thirty) when it came out and questioned myself about listening to a bunch of "kids". Now I'm sixty one and right back into it. Can't fault the 5.1 mix at all. Can't say the same about the book/slipcase (binding) quality/ephemera etc, that is imo complete crap..

Edited by JTM

On 6/30/2018 at 10:46 PM, JTM said:

10/10, I'd forgotten how great AFD is. It must be over twenty years since I sat through the whole album. In the day I had all the related singles (for their non album B-sides), I played this album to death, too much probably. I felt old (I was thirty) when it came out and questioned myself about listening to a bunch of "kids". Now I'm sixty one and right back into it. Can't fault the 5.1 mix at all. Can't say the same about the book/slipcase (binding) quality/ephemera etc, that is imo complete crap..

I heard lots of GnR on radio and via friends back when the band became big.It could've been overplay or Axl's voice that had me feeling nonplussed about them but AFD would be my pick of their albums as well.

Anyway,I'm glad to know that you're enjoying getting back into them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 8:46 PM, JTM said:

Terrific album. I was 13 when it came out. Played it to death. I think it was 1993 they played in manchester. It was initially mid week but postponed to a Sunday. They were shite. On stage three hours late and a 1hr 20 min set. I was well pissed off. Support acts were good though. Soundgarden and Faith No More