Zep Reunion Show To Get DVD Release

Yeah, the 11th night wasn't a very good night for Page. You could even see he was sweating more than on the 4th night, as if that were possible! I thought Robert's vocals were better on the 11th night however; also, him flipping off the critics was priceless.

The thread title needs to be changed to the following:

"Zep Reunion Show To Get DVD Release...........Sometime Before 2100."

Yes, My kid's grandkids will really love it :D

Thread title is a bit misleading, you make it sound like there's an official, firm release date. "I hope so one day, yeah", isn't exactly etching it in stone, you know?

Love your avatar man! ;)

A lot of work has already been done on the Knebworth footage. One would think that project could be finished off first for a Summer 2009 "30th Anniversary" release. The

band has never seemed to agree with critics who said the performances were weak,

and the inclusion of some footage in the Led Zeppelin DVD release further proves this point.

This is great info. I always thought the Knebworth footage was amazing and the thought that it might some day be released with "Ten Years Gone" and "Hot Dog" (among others) makes me want to squeal with delight! Here's hoping.

This morning a local tv station where I live showed what looked like a pro-shot video clip of the O2 show this morning. I think this was a different clip than the one shown on Japanese television when Jimmy did an interview there a few months back. Anyway, it makes me think/hope that somewhere there is complete professionally-shot footage of the concert.

This morning a local tv station where I live showed what looked like a pro-shot video clip of the O2 show this morning. I think this was a different clip than the one shown on Japanese television when Jimmy did an interview there a few months back. Anyway, it makes me think/hope that somewhere there is complete professionally-shot footage of the concert.

The pro shot footage we have all seen is of Black Dog from a BBC news report about the show. Jimmy said the entire show was filmed with something like 16 cameras. It will just depend when and how they wish to release this show.

Forget Knebworth and the O2 footage for now. There is some serious "pro-shot" video of the Earl's Court concerts going around the Net, especially YouT...

Now there's a DVD just begging to be released by the boys. Earl's Court '75 was Zeppelin at its absolute peak! Just watch Dazed and Confused and you'll see the magic!

Keep in mind, Jimmy works in a totally different time frame than the rest of us....10-20 years from now is nothing to him. Look for the O2 show in 2025...

I would rather see them release a film clip DVD full of things like the 1969 Texas Pop Festival footage bits and some Earls Court footage and stuff like that (even though I already have both of those, just giving an example). I'm sure Jimmy has tons of partial footage in his collection. Frankly, I don't care how blurry or how many cuts are in it. I just want to see more Zeppelin. The rest of the 1970 Royal Albert Hall footage would've been nice, for example.

Because "yes" could have been jimmy's old band mates but Robert screwed it up.XYZ. :D

Robert is the ultimate Zeppelin scapegoat. People always think its Robert's fault, but personally, I think it was XYZ's fault for not opening their doors to a wider range of singers. Keep in mind that Robert, although he would have been optimal, is not the only singer on the planet. B)

Of course they will release it. When is the natural question.

Probably 15 years from now :D

...I was one of the fortunate ones that got to see that show, it would be a travesty if it was never released for ALL to see....

here's some wild speculation....they haven't said when it will be released because there's going to be more shows for EVERYONE to see :thumbsup: ............

Hell, who really knows.....

Hi,

It would be interesting to see the official release, the boot version is pretty good quality even on a largish TV the official version will be better and should be in 5.1 Surround as the boot is.

But I'm not holding my breath, how long did it take them to release an official live CD (if we ignore TSRTM).

Andy

Forget Knebworth and the O2 footage for now. There is some serious "pro-shot" video of the Earl's Court concerts going around the Net, especially YouT...

Now there's a DVD just begging to be released by the boys. Earl's Court '75 was Zeppelin at its absolute peak! Just watch Dazed and Confused and you'll see the magic!

Keep in mind, Jimmy works in a totally different time frame than the rest of us....10-20 years from now is nothing to him. Look for the O2 show in 2025...

These are floating around quality may leave something to be desired by current standards but better than nothing.

Andy

Archived