Personzlized Zeppelin plates

Bluesyzep

Hope this is the right forum. I'm going to get a new license plate tomorrow and am looking for some ideas to personalize it. I have a couple of ideas so far and am limited to seven characters I think:

ZOSO- Nice but probably taken.

RAINSNG-Original and significant to me personally.

Any combination of Led Zeppelin- Not very original and probably taken.

BLUESYZEP- Obvious.

Ideas?.......

Don't know if all the state websites have this feature but here in Washington you can search online to see if your choice for a personalized plate is acceptable and/or is available. It's very helpful. The URL would be like "wa.gov/dol" This is what our page looks like:

Look up personalized plates

Enter the plate you want:

Questions?

See also:

<script type=text/javascript> //

I can't believe someone started this - here's 2 locals from my area:

2 days ago you were next to a guy feverishly picking his nose on the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway. His bumper sticker read" Cavemen are People, too" Your plate read "JIIMMYPAGE".

2 weeks ago you were on Hempstead Turnpike, in a Camaro looking buggy. Your plate read "LEDZEP1".

Do I have the pleasure of nice-ity neighbors???

I found the state site.

ZOSO was taken of course.

OTHAFA

MSTYMTN

RAINSNG

JMYPAGE......are available.

Think I'm down to RAINSNG or JMYPAGE. Unfortunately I don't think I can wait the required 45 days for them to make it. :(

I found the state site.

ZOSO was taken of course.

OTHAFA

MSTYMTN

RAINSNG

JMYPAGE......are available.

Think I'm down to RAINSNG or JMYPAGE. Unfortunately I don't think I can wait the required 45 days for them to make it. :(

Hi Bluesyzep~~ I know you're wanting something subtle & recognizable to Zep fans only but I think those song initials are too difficult to make the connection. That's just my opinion. If I were picking a song I'd go with KASHMIR (after all, it's Robert's favorite :wub: ) I suggest taking the direct approach & let the world know your allegiance to LZ. You can use spaces and numbers so the old standard abbreviations could work well:

LED_ZEP

ZEP_FAN

ZEP4EVR

ZEPRGOD (or LZRGODS)

or a variation of the corny ZEPRULZ, ZEPROX, LZ_ROCK, etc.

Wish I had a Zep personalized plate since I've been a fan for nearly 40 years. But when the plates here went down to a reasonably-priced $30/yr. about 10 years ago, I was infatuated with Andrea Bocelli so my plates read, simply, BOCELLI. :)

Then there's Manders' plate:

LD ZP LN

Or (sorry for any repeats, I'm just rattling them off):

JONBONM

MSTYMTN

TRAMPLD

BLAKDOG

USHUKME

THEROVR

RAMBLON

MOBYDIK

NOQRTR

CSTRDPY

DCRUNGE

INMYTYM

NYTFLYT

WNTNSNG

BRNYAUR

HOTS ON

TEA4ONE

RYLRLNS

PRESNCE

OHMYGZS

I could go on ALL NYT! :lol:

Hope this is the right forum. I'm going to get a new license plate tomorrow and am looking for some ideas to personalize it. I have a couple of ideas so far and am limited to seven characters I think:

ZOSO- Nice but probably taken.

RAINSNG-Original and significant to me personally.

Any combination of Led Zeppelin- Not very original and probably taken.

BLUESYZEP- Obvious.

Ideas?.......

I don't where you are located, but the State of California's DMV has a lookup function to check to see if the personalized plate you want is available. Maybe it's available in your neck of the woods. There have been a lot of good responses, but I think you answered your own question with RAINSNG. You state it is significant to you, so follow your heart as they say. Either that or maybe pick a significant date in Zeppelin history that appeals to you and use that. Maybe a particular show (EC52575), or something of that nature.

My only other contributions would be: BDGHLDR, HVYASHP, HMROFGD, and my personal fave, MUDSHRK.

P.S. Sorry if I duplicated anyone's idea - I didn't read all the posts.

I'm Proud to say that I had Texas "ZOSO" Personalixed plates back in the 70's. 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977.

Each year the Color would change. One year the lettering was blue. In 1975, the lettering was Red. That was my favorite. I even gave Jimmy one of the plates - 1973, in 1975, through a package that their Roadie tour Bus Driver delivered through their Road Manager to them....

If ZOSO and LED ZEP are taken, how about just "ZEP".

JMY PAGE it is! Now, the long wait... :(

I think it's something in the middle. People only vaguely familiar with Zeppelin may not know who Jimmy is but is a signal to real Zeppelin/Jimmy fans and wouldn't mind striking up a conversation. B)

Meet back here in 45 days and I'll post a pic. Thanks everybody. Turned into a cool thread.

JMY PAGE it is! Now, the long wait... :(

I think it's something in the middle. People only vaguely familiar with Zeppelin may not know who Jimmy is but is a signal to real Zeppelin/Jimmy fans and wouldn't mind striking up a conversation. B)

Meet back here in 45 days and I'll post a pic. Thanks everybody. Turned into a cool thread.

Oh I had one...

DZDNCNFZ ;)

Archived