GET SMART

Bitchin Soul

IT'S BOOK REPORT TIME -

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING? WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE READ AND WHY? ALSO FAVORITE AUTHOR.

Currently reading a bogus restraining order.

I tend towards mystery novels.Why? I like thrills :D

Favorite author Edgar Allen Poe.

I'm getting ready to read for Whom The Bell Tolls. I don't really have a favourite book. I really enjoy reading biographies right now, my favourite one is Love, Janis. Not only is it about one of my favourite people, it's a really good book even if you don't like her. My favourite author is either Edgar Allan Poe (I love the Raven and The Murders in The Rue MOrgue) or JRR Tolkien.

I'm working my way through Linda Fairstein's and David Baldacci's books right now. I like mysteries (detective, and the cozy southern ones) and spy novels (Tom Clancy, and also I love Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series). Dan Brown is another favorite; and I really enjoyed Harry Potter too :)

Oh, I thought we were going to talk about Anne Hathaway (currently in my fab 5)

but books i don't have time to read lately. but

101 Tivo Hacks

Linux for Dummies

Money Ball (great book)

Game of shadows

Jordan Rules

The Terrible Hours

Net Force series

I have read in the last year

I bargain bin shop and borrow books. I refuse to buy.

I'm not into fiction, I only read Non Fiction. There are a few exceptions, but I'm usually disappointed. ( i though Catcher in the Rye was horrible)

I heard a squeak under my SS, so the Chilton's Chevy Trailblazer series may be my next read.

I'm working my way through Linda Fairstein's and David Baldacci's books right now. I like mysteries (detective, and the cozy southern ones) and spy novels (Tom Clancy, and also I love Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series). Dan Brown is another favorite; and I really enjoyed Harry Potter too :)

David Baldacci is a great writer. Also a fan of Dan Brown.

I'm getting ready to read for Whom The Bell Tolls. I don't really have a favourite book. I really enjoy reading biographies right now, my favourite one is Love, Janis. Not only is it about one of my favourite people, it's a really good book even if you don't like her. My favourite author is either Edgar Allan Poe (I love the Raven and The Murders in The Rue MOrgue) or JRR Tolkien.

"The Black Cat "was pretty good as well :D

Aw shucks. <_<

I thought this was a thread about *Get Smart*.. the movie.

getsmartpubc.jpg

:P

-----------

Currently I'm reading

"Turtle Feet: The Making and Unmaking of a Buddhist Monk. A Memoir."

231414.jpg

Synopsis

Nikolai Grozni was a music prodigy, a jazz pianist training at the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston, when suddenly he decided to transform his life. He moved to India to become a Buddhist monk—shaving his head, learning Tibetan, and donning long traditional robes. In the Himalayas—living in a hut a stone's throw from the Dalai Lama's compound— Grozni became entrenched in a sometimes comical, sometimes reverent, always intriguing community comprised of feisty nuns, bossy monks, violent chess players, demanding teachers, and a spectacular friend called Tsar, a fallen monk from Bosnia.

Grozni went to India in search of knowledge, but learns that the people who can teach him the most are not wearing uniforms and following special diets, but rather those who, like him, struggle with doubts and cannot accept an established system of faith. Instead, he journeys with his colorful cast of friends to a new understanding of himself and his place in the world.

Like Anne Lamott or Elizabeth Gilbert, Nikolai Grozni offers the insights of a religious pilgrim from the inside—in his case, from a male, Buddhist perspective. Thoughtful, funny, and elegantly written, Turtle Feet details the reality of a world much mythologized in the West and tells a wonderfully bittersweet story of a spiritual journey. *source*

"The Black Cat "was pretty good as well :D

I remember that, it's great. I've always loved Edgar Allan Poe, my dad used to read the Raven to me when I was little. In my freshman lit class we read The Cask Of Amontialldo (sp?). I thought it was great, but I had to explain all the sentences to a lot of people because they didn't understand it. We also read Romeo and Juliet, I didn't think it was that great. Oh yeah, and Great Expectations. That was okay, but I probably wouldn't have rfinished it if it weren't for that class.

IT'S BOOK REPORT TIME -

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING? WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE READ AND WHY? ALSO FAVORITE AUTHOR.

Shit, I thought this thread was full of instructions for some of the idiots around here.

1. Currently reading the posts at LZ.com

2. I don't have a favorite book, but I have enjoyed many.

3. My favorite author is either John Grisham or Tom Clancy.

he has one of these;

chevrolet_trailblazer_ss3awd_2008_exterior_4_346x270.jpg

and thinks he may need one of these to repair it.

1563927063.jpg

please, oh pleeeease tell me it does not come in an "ss" model...have i been away too long???? does my country need me back to "set all right" in the world... :boohoo:

please, oh pleeeease tell me it does not come in an "ss" model..

That is the SS model.

trailblazerss.jpg

"TrailBlazer SS redefines the "sport" in Sport Utility Vehicle with a 6.0L LS2 small block V8. It generates 390 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque, taking TrailBlazer from zero to 60 in under six seconds." :o

ss_engine.jpg

Fuel Economy City (mpg) 14

Fuel Economy Highway (mpg) 17

Currently reading: Hamlet by Shakespeare

& Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding

Favourite authors: Bill Bryson and Robert L. Stevenson

Bill Bryson is great! "A Walk in the Woods" is my favorite book of his. Have you read Peter Mayle's series about Provence ("A Year in Provence", "Toujours Provence", "Encore Provence")? He's got a wonderfully witty style too. (I love travel memoirs, esp. set in France and Italy)

"TrailBlazer SS redefines the "sport" in Sport Utility Vehicle with a 6.0L LS2 small block V8. It generates 390 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque, taking TrailBlazer from zero to 60 in under six seconds." :o

ahhhh...chevy's always thinking...just in case you need to get the kids to soccer practice pronto!!!!

i must be really old...the only "ss" my brain registers is this...

69chevnovablkstripethumb.jpg

or this...

chevelle-ss-2.jpg

chevrolet_trailblazer_ss3awd_2008_exterior_4_346x270.jpg

Thats my color too!

When Chevy throws a badge on something, it's more than a badge. The ZR2 S-10 is a completely different frame than the standard S-10. Granted, some of the lesser chevy models with SS, are shit. Not this one.

My truck has new springs, shocks, sway-bars, engine, trans, and axles than a regular trailblazer.

Honestly, when somebody say "SS". I think of a 1996 Impala SS. back in the 70's, it was more about the engine, than badging. 454 chevelle (SS) or a 396 chevelle (SS). 427 camaro (SS) or a 350 camaro (Z28). I think the SS is more worthy now in the truck line, than the car line in 1970. Z28 were built to take corners and SS were straight line hero's. My truck is the best of both worlds. Maybe if i get back in the car craze, ill rebadge it with ZR-1, with a blower sticking out the top.

Thats my color too!

When Chevy throws a badge on something, it's more than a badge. The ZR2 S-10 is a completely different frame than the standard S-10. Granted, some of the lesser chevy models with SS, are shit. Not this one.

My truck has new springs, shocks, sway-bars, engine, trans, and axles than a regular trailblazer.

Honestly, when somebody say "SS". I think of a 1996 Impala SS. back in the 70's, it was more about the engine, than badging. 454 chevelle (SS) or a 396 chevelle (SS). 427 camaro (SS) or a 350 camaro (Z28). I think the SS is more worthy now in the truck line, than the car line in 1970. Z28 were built to take corners and SS were straight line hero's. My truck is the best of both worlds. Maybe if i get back in the car craze, ill rebadge it with ZR-1, with a blower sticking out the top.

bet you look pretty sexy cruising around it... B)...ha!... no seriously...we need to get out of the "smart thread" (where some of us truly do not belong) and get it on in a "motorhead" thread

man..i have some books i bought awhile back havent gotten to em either..though i've had a lot of free time...started room full of mirrors awhile back..its a hendrix biography. bob dylan chronicles. musicophilia by oliver sacks..all havent really been touched..need to get back into one of em.

Archived