Led Zeppelin Effects

All Led Zeppelin albums have amazing effects - especially their first album. Does anyone know what Jimmy used on the lead parts of "Good Times Bad Times", "You Shook Me", and "How Many More Times"? I think on "How Many More Times" he uses a fuzz pedal, probably the Sola Sound Professional MKII like I've heard he uses. But the most remarkable effect I can identify is the lead on "Good Times Bad Times". It sort of does this weird echo thing, and it sounds really cool. I would love to incorporate this technique into my own playing, somehow.

All Led Zeppelin albums have amazing effects - especially their first album. Does anyone know what Jimmy used on the lead parts of "Good Times Bad Times", "You Shook Me", and "How Many More Times"? I think on "How Many More Times" he uses a fuzz pedal, probably the Sola Sound Professional MKII like I've heard he uses. But the most remarkable effect I can identify is the lead on "Good Times Bad Times". It sort of does this weird echo thing, and it sounds really cool. I would love to incorporate this technique into my own playing, somehow.

I don't think he used a pedal for the effect on that solo - it's a combination of amp settings, recording setup and mixing effects.

Jimmy's most often used pedals are a Fuzz Box and Wah Pedal.

• 1 month later...
I don't think he used a pedal for the effect on that solo - it's a combination of amp settings, recording setup and mixing effects.

Jimmy's most often used pedals are a Fuzz Box and Wah Pedal.

well he used a lslie tone capinet....well its like an amplifier for organs i believe.it just so happens about 7 years ago my dad bought a organ AND one of these leslies soo i forgot till now. im gonna go try it.

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics.../3/2/374232.jpg

ours looks like that but ours is an original.hope it helps

Archived