Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
adamusic123s

Led Zeppelin Effects

All Led Zeppelin albums have amazing effects - especially their first album. Does anyone know what Jimmy used on the lead parts of "Good Times Bad Times", "You Shook Me", and "How Many More Times"? I think on "How Many More Times" he uses a fuzz pedal, probably the Sola Sound Professional MKII like I've heard he uses. But the most remarkable effect I can identify is the lead on "Good Times Bad Times". It sort of does this weird echo thing, and it sounds really cool. I would love to incorporate this technique into my own playing, somehow.

All Led Zeppelin albums have amazing effects - especially their first album. Does anyone know what Jimmy used on the lead parts of "Good Times Bad Times", "You Shook Me", and "How Many More Times"? I think on "How Many More Times" he uses a fuzz pedal, probably the Sola Sound Professional MKII like I've heard he uses. But the most remarkable effect I can identify is the lead on "Good Times Bad Times". It sort of does this weird echo thing, and it sounds really cool. I would love to incorporate this technique into my own playing, somehow.

I don't think he used a pedal for the effect on that solo - it's a combination of amp settings, recording setup and mixing effects.

Jimmy's most often used pedals are a Fuzz Box and Wah Pedal.

I don't think he used a pedal for the effect on that solo - it's a combination of amp settings, recording setup and mixing effects.

Jimmy's most often used pedals are a Fuzz Box and Wah Pedal.

well he used a lslie tone capinet....well its like an amplifier for organs i believe.it just so happens about 7 years ago my dad bought a organ AND one of these leslies soo i forgot till now. im gonna go try it.

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics.../3/2/374232.jpg

ours looks like that but ours is an original.hope it helps

I just saw recently Page talked about that effect, he did indeed use a Leslie cabinet but did not use the rotary effect which Organists often use.