NO LED ZEPPELIN REUNION PLANNED

solar

I just try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Many things that have been said would probably be very funny if we were all sitting around listening to Zep, having cocktails, and good natured banter but I agree, some of Stringbenders comments on this thread no way fit into that category.

Every action causes a reaction and we all tend to stick up for people that we care for. It's unfortunate when the people you care for are on opposite sides of a fence...the fence must be broken down!!

I say we all kiss and make up :D I'll start...

kisses.gif

Well said. All too often this is the case

Well said. All too often this is the case

Thanks Sugar! OK, I'm off the boards for now, this is one way to see time fly. It's SUNDAY! I must enjoy! Off to practice my Yoga, then I think I'll have a cocktail and convince hubby to play some poker!

Peace, Love, and Light to All!

Your absolutely correct, it doesn't matter. Everyone who posts so called inside info does the same. I take all and any info that is passed around with a grain of salt. No matter who hands it out. Calling someone a pervert on a message board however, does cross the line with me.

It's ok when this Steven A Jones character does it though? I guess he only attacks gay people in the non-Zeppelin forum so that doesn't count? This man seems to put himself on a pedestal as a representative of the band, intimates that he is in on the moderation of this board, and makes comments about suggesting that this site be shut down.

You into dictatorship?

Calling him a pervert may be questionable, but a homophobe has been proven by this mans own words.

You may be able to accept that this man might be in a seat of power on this website, but as this site represents led Zeppelin, I become concerned with his proposed influence.

It's quite obvious that there is a consorted effort to discredit Steve.

con·cert·ed (kn-sûrtd)

adj.

1. Planned or accomplished together; combined: We made a concerted effort to solve the problem.

You really think so? I for one am in concert with no one. I am a solo artist! :D

See, here's the thing. When some folks have history, not everything is plain for all to understand. Yes, new people are probably wondering WTF. I for one have remained neutral. Yes, I did vouch for Stringy, but at the same time I didn't take the piss out of Steve. These things have roots. That's what it comes down to. Personally, I think Stringy can be hard-edged and refuses to cow-tow to bullshit. I applaude that in a person. I also don't think bringing up bad behavior from the past to let someone know it's not forgotten is necessarily a bad thing.

As for Steve, I only said his suggesting he could have this whole board shut down with a wave of his hand was silly. I wasn't discrediting him. It's just that sometimes he portrays himself in a higher rank than he actually is in. He's an "archivist". He doesn't have Robert, Jimmy or Jonesy on his speed dial. Yet sometimes he comes off as though he does. Again, I'm not discrediting the guy, but he does have a tendency to put on airs. No offence Steve, but let's face it. You do lord over it a bit.

It's ok when this Steven A Jones character does it though? I guess he only attacks gay people in the non-Zeppelin forum so that doesn't count? This man seems to put himself on a pedestal as a representative of the band, intimates that he is in on the moderation of this board, and makes comments about suggesting that this site be shut down.

You into dictatorship?

Calling him a pervert may be questionable, but a homophobe has been proven by this mans own words.

You may be able to accept that this man might be in a seat of power on this website, but as this site represents led Zeppelin, I become concerned with his proposed influence.

Influence on who ?

I can't believe there's a massive blood bath going on in this thread, and I'm not a part of it...

Actually for a completely pointless thread, it's been great reading, I've never seen so much SteveAJones bashing before!! It's like springtime!

Ok, so even though I may still be considered a "Newbie" since I don't have thousands of posts about important Zeppelin history, I really felt the need to post a reply here. I have been reading through this thread for the past 10-15 minutes and I just don't understand all of the personal attacks toward each other. I mean, just because I don't know everything that each band member has done over the past 40 years, does that make me less of a Zeppelin fan? I kind of feel that way when I have read what is written and it really disturbs me.

I thought that this website was for all Led Zeppelin fans to come and share information, possibly make some friends and basically discuss the best band of all time in my opinion. But things just seem to turn ugly on so many of the threads that I go on, it just really is disheartening to me. I doubt that Robert, Jimmy or John Paul would tell me to go take a hike because I don't have an archive of information about them. It is about the love for their wonderful body of work they created with Bonzo (RIP) that has kept me as a fan of theirs for all these years.

And if people want to put me on their ignore list, that's fine. I have talked to a lot of really nice people on this board and it really makes my day for the most part.

I can't believe there's a massive blood bath going on in this thread, and I'm not a part of it...

Actually for a completely pointless thread, it's been great reading, I've never seen so much SteveAJones bashing before!! It's like springtime!

I'd really hate to think what I've said here could be considered bashing on any level. I think what I've said was well considered and accurate. I've made literally 10s of thousands of posts on this and other forums (not that I claim post counts to amount to credibility, but you all know me, so you be the judge). Hell, I was/am a moderator on a few forums myself. I'm pretty good at dodging the bullshit, and keeping a cool head for the most part. Sure, I get angry now and then. But I think what I said was true.

OK everyone....get it outta yer system and then let's kiss and make up! C'mon! Sheesh!! We can have even more fun bashing President (I use that term lightly) Bush, let's go to the Rants thread and do that!

I'm off....really, Ahahahahaha!!

con·cert·ed (kn-sûrtd)

adj.

1. Planned or accomplished together; combined: We made a concerted effort to solve the problem.

You really think so? I for one am in concert with no one. I am a solo artist! :D

See, here's the thing. When some folks have history, not everything is plain for all to understand. Yes, new people are probably wondering WTF. I for one have remained neutral. Yes, I did vouch for Stringy, but at the same time I didn't take the piss out of Steve. These things have roots. That's what it comes down to. Personally, I think Stringy can be hard-edged and refuses to cow-tow to bullshit. I applaude that in a person. I also don't think bringing up bad behavior from the past to let someone know it's not forgotten is necessarily a bad thing.

As for Steve, I only said his suggesting he could have this whole board shut down with a wave of his hand was silly. I wasn't discrediting him. It's just that sometimes he portrays himself in a higher rank than he actually is in. He's an "archivist". He doesn't have Robert, Jimmy or Jonesy on his speed dial. Yet sometimes he comes off as though he does. Again, I'm not discrediting the guy, but he does have a tendency to put on airs. No offence Steve, but let's face it. You do lord over it a bit.

Ev, I consider myself to be a solo artist as well but, I've seen to many attacks on this site that go way beyond a simple grilling. I have defended many, including yourself when these attacks have gotten personal. Personally,the writing style of many here is something that I laugh about. Actually I like to take the piss out of quite a few here as

there are many who think they are ...in the know. Quite laughable really ! Too be honest, there are way too many that have a false view of they're own importance and influence. I think the silent majority is quite well informed and not easily influenced by anyone

Ok, so even though I may still be considered a "Newbie" since I don't have thousands of posts about important Zeppelin history, I really felt the need to post a reply here. I have been reading through this thread for the past 10-15 minutes and I just don't understand all of the personal attacks toward each other. I mean, just because I don't know everything that each band member has done over the past 40 years, does that make me less of a Zeppelin fan? I kind of feel that way when I have read what is written and it really disturbs me.

I thought that this website was for all Led Zeppelin fans to come and share information, possibly make some friends and basically discuss the best band of all time in my opinion. But things just seem to turn ugly on so many of the threads that I go on, it just really is disheartening to me. I doubt that Robert, Jimmy or John Paul would tell me to go take a hike because I don't have an archive of information about them. It is about the love for their wonderful body of work they created with Bonzo (RIP) that has kept me as a fan of theirs for all these years.

And if people want to put me on their ignore list, that's fine. I have talked to a lot of really nice people on this board and it really makes my day for the most part.

Well said! I, and many others, couldn't agree more. :beer:

Too be honest, there are way too many that have a false view of they're own importance and influence. I think the silent majority is quite well informed and not easily influenced by anyone

Well as of last night that's not the angle you were posting from, but if that's your opinion by the light of day....

Lets take a strong dose of fuckitol and wash it down with a :beer:

Uh....don't drink or do drugs kids!

Well as of last night that's not the angle you were posting from, but if that's your opinion by the light of day....

It'll be a lounge chair and a Sleemans IPA for this boy. God I love sunny weather B)

Thanks Ev, I appreciate it :)

You're welcome. And really, that post really said it!

See, here's my take on all this (for those who can be bothered), when this site started up in November, Steve set himself up as resident archivist. That rubbed a lot of people from the old board the wrong way. I'm not questioning his intentions, but I understand why some folks might feel eclipsed after years of their own efforts. Sometimes when you see an answer to a question you've answered a dozen times over the various forums being played up by someone else as an exclusive "courtesy of their archive" it can raise your hackles. We all have an archive to some degree, but for the most part we just answer the questions without taking credit for it. Look, I'm just a Zeppelin fan. Do I have stacks of books and old magazines full of information? Yes, I do. If someone asks a question, do I dig through them for hours to find the quote? Yes, I do. The people here who've known me over the years know that if I have it, I will take the time to find it for them. Do I take credit for it? No. I don't want credit or recognition. I get my joy in the act of sharing my love of all things Zeppelin with fans new and old. As do others, who feel to a degree that Steve has set himself as some laudible Zeppelin guru who has some direct line to god. Some members here would prefer it if he simply present himself as one of us. Fans. Collectors. Archivists.

well, it always seems that people who don't want credit always take it when they tell they don't. and one zep know it all always underappreciates any other zep know it all. fact of life.

this is all bullshit. lines in the sand and the self-strokes.

please...

let he/she who is without sin cast the.....aww, nevermind.

edit to add: my use of words that previously appeared in evster's post were responsive-to this whole thread and not evster pointedly. i'm going fishing. in a different thread. enjoy.

I'm with ya on that one buddy! :beer: Cheers Mates and Maties!

See, here's my take on all this (for those who can be bothered), when this site started up in November, Steve set himself up as resident archivist. That rubbed a lot of people from the old board the wrong way. I'm not questioning his intentions, but I understand why some folks might feel eclipsed after years of their own efforts. Sometimes when you see an answer to a question you've answered a dozen times over the various forums being played up by someone else as an exclusive "courtesy of their archive" it can raise your hackles. We all have an archive to some degree, but for the most part we just answer the questions without taking credit for it. Look, I'm just a Zeppelin fan. Do I have stacks of books and old magazines full of information? Yes, I do. If someone asks a question, do I dig through them for hours to find the quote? Yes, I do. The people here who've known me over the years know that if I have it, I will take the time to find it for them. Do I take credit for it? No. I don't want credit or recognition. I get my joy in the act of sharing my love of all things Zeppelin with fans new and old. As do others, who feel to a degree that Steve has set himself as some laudible Zeppelin guru who has some direct line to god. Some members here would prefer it if he simply present himself as one of us. Fans. Collectors. Archivists.

Many of those same members here had the audacity to openly criticize how I went about securing, preserving & releasing the Vancouver 1970 tape in a 100% non-profit manner. I'm no upstart myself, I lurked on the old board for over ten years and became an active forum member only upon it's attainment of official status.

How I deem to share items from my archive is my perogative. If the band/management has an issue with me about that or anything else done in my name I'll be the first know. I understand I owe apologies to no one so none will be forthcoming.

Corleone: How did things ever get so far? I don't know. It was so unfortunate, so unnecessary. Tattaglia lost a son and I lost a son. We're quits. And if Tattaglia agrees, then I'm willing to let things go on the way they were before.

Barzini: We're all grateful to Don Corleone for calling this meeting. We all know him as a man of his word. A modest man who will always listen to reason.

Tattaglia: Yes, Barzini, he is too modest. He had all the judges and politicians in his pocket and refused to share them.

Corleone: When, when did I ever refuse an accommodation? All of you know me here. When did I ever refuse, except one time? And why? Because I believe this drug business is gonna destroy us in the years to come. I mean, it's not like gambling or liquor, even women, which is something that most people want nowadays and it's forbidden to them...by the church. Even the police departments have helped us in the past with gambling and other things. They're gonna refuse to help us when it comes to narcotics. And I believe that then - and I believe that now.

Barzini: Times have changed. It's not like the old days when we could do anything we want. A refusal is not the act of a friend. Don Corleone had all the judges and the politicians in New York and he must share them...He must let us draw the water from the well. Certainly, he can present a bill for such services. After all, we are not Communists...

Corleone: I hoped that we would come here and reason together. And as a reasonable man, I'm willing to do whatever's necessary to find a peaceful solution to these problems.

Barzini: Then we are agreed. The traffic in drugs will be permitted, but controlled, and Don Corleone will give up protection in the East - and there will be the peace.

Tattaglia: But I must have strict assurance from Corleone. As time goes by and his position becomes stronger, will he attempt any individual vendetta?

Barzini: Look, we are all reasonable men here. We don't have to give assurances as if we were lawyers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve A Jones: How did things ever get so far? I don't know. It was so unfortunate, so unnecessary. Stringbender lost Hermit and I lost Joel. We're quits. And if Stringbender agrees, then I'm willing to let things go on the way they were before.

Evster: We're all grateful to Steve A Jones for calling this meeting. We all know him as a man of his word. A modest man who will always listen to reason.

Stingbender : Yes, Evster, he is too modest. He had all the Led Zeppelin trivia and Mods in his pocket and refused to share them.

Steve A Jones: When, when did I ever refuse an accommodation? All of you know me here. When did I ever refuse, except one time? And why? Because I believe this Reunion Plan Talk is gonna destroy us in the years to come. I mean, it's not like Backmasting or Robert's Bulge, which is something that most people want nowadays and it's forbidden to them...by the Board Administators Even the Mods have helped us in the past with Hidden Messages In STH and other things. They're gonna refuse to help us when it comes to Reunion Rumors. And I believe that then - and I believe that now.

Evster: Times have changed. It's not like the old days when we could do anything we want. A refusal is not the act of a friend. Steve A Jones had all the Administrators and the Mods in LZ.com and he must share them...He must let us draw the water from the well. Certainly, he can present a bill for such services. After all, we are not Joan Baez fans...

Steve A Jones: I hoped that we would come here and reason together. And as a reasonable man, I'm willing to do whatever's necessary to find a peaceful solution to these problems.

Evster: Then we are agreed. The traffic in Led Zeppelin trivia will be permitted, but controlled, and Steve A Jones will give up protection upstairs in the General Forum- and there will be the peace.

Stringbender: But I must have strict assurance from Steve A Jones. As time goes by and his position becomes stronger, will he attempt any individual vendetta?

Evster: Look, we are all reasonable men here. We don't have to give assurances as if we were Eagles Fans.

YEP, WE ALL KNOW HOW THIS STORY IS GOING TO END.

THUNDERCHIEF HAS SPOKEN

B)

:D

Archived