NO LED ZEPPELIN REUNION PLANNED

solar

I'm 49... and in 1975 would've happily given my boyfriend's left nut to see Zep. Luckily for said boyfriend, it was to no avail.

I don't assume every newbie is young. I don't assume every person new to computers and the internet is new to Zep, and vice versa. I don't think I go around telling y'all (however you define the 'us' you refer to) who they should listen to. I sometimes share my opinion of a band, or an album, or whatever. Perhaps you are the one who is misinformed.

My little social group? You have no idea who/what my little social group is.

For those who chastise me or others for the tiresome comments of old-time posters long ago, etc... my comments along that line have been in response to statements or insinuations that some poster has a poor post count, their 'unimpressive posting history', etc. By itself, all that means nothing... folks new to the site and/or the band may be great folks with insight and fresh perspective, etc. and some 'old-timers' are and were assholes. I see nothing wrong with stating that someone's comment about another's history is based upon limited information or that *gasp* I disagree with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ally, you, medbh, and some others have made several posts beseeching us all to make nice, move on, give peace a chance, etc. etc. Unfortunately, the way y'all seem to think that should be done is to not challenge assertions made by SAJ if we think he is incorrect or mistaken, don't defend ourselves against his unkind remarks, that we should accept as fact his assertion that his credibility is sacrosanct, that he can refer to his long-time posting, reading, lurking, whatever as evidence of his sterling credibility, but we shouldn't make any reference to anything anyone said, did, archived, wrote, or dreamt before November 2007. Perhaps y'all should've just told us to pass the vaseline... it would've saved time and keystrokes.

This place used to be fun... and I was looking forward to having a little bit more time to peruse the forum, etc. ... but what's the point.

You, medbh, and whoever can congratulate yourselves on your peacekeeping skills and your stalwart defense of all things SAJ. That probably is the smart thing to do... he does seem to think it's his forum, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was busy making up a new hitlist of folks he wants banned. I'm sure I'll be on it unless I'm too far beneath his notice, but y'all will get a few kudos.

Congratulations... y'all have done a very good job.

~~~~~~~~~~

Solar, I apologize for derailing your thread even further. I have this odd notion that I can, and sometimes should, respond to posts directed to or at me, even if it means i"m just furthering the derailment.

Good luck with it.

How convenient of you to place the 'blame' on the few people who are trying to reunite this group. If you aren't enjoying yourself why did you just type 9 paragraphs devoted to it.

I wasn't stalwartly defending Steves actions, I was trying to diffuse this angry lynch mob. What a mob mentality some here have....I don't have a history here so I don't have all of the good and shitty memories to recall and rehash and go on and on and on and on about....perhaps you would like to take up my suggestion and start a bashing thread.

I again, extend my hand in peace and thank each and every person here who has shaken it, or responded to it by neutralizing their posts instead of continuing to add logs to the fire.

Peace.

What I find amusing about all this is how some take SAJ so seriously. Dude is a kiss-a$$ to the regs when posting, and I love the fact that they iggy him for it. I understand a lot of the old crew are a tad bit pissy cause they got banned for thread trashing. Take the guy with a grain of salt, the first thing he ever said to me was threat in PM. I posted it in the thread. :D

What I find amusing about all this is how some take SAJ so seriously. Dude is a kiss-a$$ to the regs when posting, and I love the fact that they iggy him for it. I understand a lot of the old crew are a tad bit pissy cause they got banned for thread trashing. Take the guy with a grain of salt, the first thing he ever said to me was threat in PM. I posted it in the thread. :D

Take everyone with a grain of salt. There are no "Gods" here. Anyone who thinks they are needs to get a serious dose of real life.

How convenient of you to place the 'blame' on the few people who are trying to reunite this group.

I was trying to diffuse this angry lynch mob.

By telling certain people that they "act like total smug morons"? :huh: Well, you did a good job.

I'm 49... and in 1975 would've happily given my boyfriend's left nut to see Zep. Luckily for said boyfriend, it was to no avail.

I don't assume every newbie is young. I don't assume every person new to computers and the internet is new to Zep, and vice versa. I don't think I go around telling y'all (however you define the 'us' you refer to) who they should listen to. I sometimes share my opinion of a band, or an album, or whatever. Perhaps you are the one who is misinformed.

My little social group? You have no idea who/what my little social group is.

For those who chastise me or others for the tiresome comments of old-time posters long ago, etc... my comments along that line have been in response to statements or insinuations that some poster has a poor post count, their 'unimpressive posting history', etc. By itself, all that means nothing... folks new to the site and/or the band may be great folks with insight and fresh perspective, etc. and some 'old-timers' are and were assholes. I see nothing wrong with stating that someone's comment about another's history is based upon limited information or that *gasp* I disagree with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ally, you, medbh, and some others have made several posts beseeching us all to make nice, move on, give peace a chance, etc. etc. Unfortunately, the way y'all seem to think that should be done is to not challenge assertions made by SAJ if we think he is incorrect or mistaken, don't defend ourselves against his unkind remarks, that we should accept as fact his assertion that his credibility is sacrosanct, that he can refer to his long-time posting, reading, lurking, whatever as evidence of his sterling credibility, but we shouldn't make any reference to anything anyone said, did, archived, wrote, or dreamt before November 2007. Perhaps y'all should've just told us to pass the vaseline... it would've saved time and keystrokes.

This place used to be fun... and I was looking forward to having a little bit more time to peruse the forum, etc. ... but what's the point.

You, medbh, and whoever can congratulate yourselves on your peacekeeping skills and your stalwart defense of all things SAJ. That probably is the smart thing to do... he does seem to think it's his forum, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was busy making up a new hitlist of folks he wants banned. I'm sure I'll be on it unless I'm too far beneath his notice, but y'all will get a few kudos.

Congratulations... y'all have done a very good job.

~~~~~~~~~~

Solar, I apologize for derailing your thread even further. I have this odd notion that I can, and sometimes should, respond to posts directed to or at me, even if it means i"m just furthering the derailment.

Good luck with it.

One to many y'all's for my liking, but I dig your points here.

Lake, how many times do you think it is necessary to tell us that you have a problem with Steve ? You do not simply disagree. You attack. Do you think that everyone on this forum is stupid ? Do you really think that anyone here thinks that any of our resident contributors are "Gods" ? You insult us all when you feel that you have to set the record straight. I will say that you are not alone with this need to educate everyone about all things Steve. There are a number of people here that I don't like but I don't feel the need to educate others because of it. I also don't jump into a thread just to have a go at them. I think that you'll find that I will defend anybody when the level of hate get's out of hand. That is not something that is extended only to Steve.

I really don't know what to say in regards to your comments about Medhb and myself trying to hand out a little peace offering. I guess as alway's with these bloodlettings we all too often find ourselves disagreeing with people we really do care about. It is not a good feeling when this happens. My friendships on this site cover a wide range of people so from time to time there is going to be disagreement but when the level get's out of hand then I think most mature adults want to put an end to the hostilities.

Sorry if you aren't enjoying the site much. If I've contributed to that then..........

Steve, personally I'm quite willing to be banned over this. I have been away for most of the day and quite frankly, I'm disgusted by what I have read. I must admit that, I have friends that have jumped on this bandwagon and it does pain me . However, the ringleaders of this consorted attack need to step forward and show they're faces. Come on... Stringbender hasn't got what it takes to be a man. Go ask your mamma if you can respond

If you don't want to hear folks explanations, don't stir folks up....obviously she thinks there is some light to be shed on the subject, and she feels you aren't seeing it.

I agree with her.

By telling certain people that they "act like total smug morons"? :huh: Well, you did a good job.

Yer right, that was out of line and I apologize. Guess I got caught up in the mud slinging :(

Nobody's perfect B)

I don't want to offend anyone here....and I'm sorry if I have :hippy:

Just received my daily note from the Universe:

The only person who should ever have to live by your standards, Medhb, is you.

Let everyone else off the hook. Besides, it's doubtful they've lived as much, dreamt as big, or will ever be able to saunter quite like you.

Tallyho,

The Universe

I apologize for my attempts to get anyone here to live by my standards. Wow! What an eye opener!

Steve, personally I'm quite willing to be banned over this. I have been away for most of the day and quite frankly, I'm disgusted by what I have read. I must admit that, I have friends that have jumped on this bandwagon and it does pain me . However, the ringleaders of this consorted attack need to step forward and show they're faces. Come on... Stringbender hasn't got what it takes to be a man. Go ask your mamma if you can respond

If you don't want to hear folks explanations, don't stir folks up....obviously she thinks there is some light to be shed on the subject, and she feels you aren't seeing it.

I agree with her.

I didn't get anything even close to that from her response. If there's light to be shed then let's have it.

Just received my daily note from the Universe:

The only person who should ever have to live by your standards, Medhb, is you.

Let everyone else off the hook. Besides, it's doubtful they've lived as much, dreamt as big, or will ever be able to saunter quite like you.

Tallyho,

The Universe

I apologize for my attempts to get anyone here to live by my standards. Wow! What an eye opener!

You get those too. Can't claim to have had one from The Universe but I do get my share of them

When the sun beats down and I lie on the bench,

I can always hear them talk.

Me Im just a Zep fan

You can tell me by the way I walk

The need to constantly remind people of the Devil gives the Devil too much due.

You get those too. Can't claim to have had one from The Universe but I do get my share of them

Yeah, I receive several a day from different sources. This is one of my faves though, they are always thought provoking.

Yeah, I receive several a day from different sources. This is one of my faves though, they are always thought provoking.

No kidding....be careful how you choose your friends :D

One to many y'all's for my liking, but I dig your points here.

I dig em too. And I checked my Lake handbook, and she could have used another y'all per size of that post. International law, look it up.

She was willing to give up her boyfriends left nut to see Zep......now that's a true fan y'all. :)

That's for you to decide ally.

That sounds like a yes from were I'm sitting. Clearly you are a little confused. I have a problem with gangs and gang ups. In the 6 months that I've been here, I've seen too many people get the treatment that should only be reserved for criminals. Many of our contributors have been attacked. I have defended those people with the same vigor that I have defended Steve. Nobody is above a thrashing, but the level of hate and continued attack is just not necessary IMHO. It's gotten to the point were I can almost set my watch to when the next one will be. That's a very sad statement. I laugh at the predictability of it all. To be honest, I would think that Steve, Knebby and all the other worthwhile contributors are getting a little fed up with it. I for one have an honest interest in they're Zeppelin contributions and have become tired of the continued

ego battles that take place here. Beat the crap out of each other all you want on the political threads but leave the Zeppelin stuff alone. If someone posts inaccurate info about the band then , it will get sorted out. Peacefully I hope

That sounds like a yes from were I'm sitting. Clearly you are a little confused. I have a problem with gangs and gang ups. In the 6 months that I've been here, I've seen too many people get the treatment that should only be reserved for criminals. Many of our contributors have been attacked. I have defended those people with the same vigor that I have defended Steve. Nobody is above a thrashing, but the level of hate and continued attack is just not necessary IMHO. It's gotten to the point were I can almost set my watch to when the next one will be. That's a very sad statement. I laugh at the predictability of it all. To be honest, I would think that Steve, Knebby and all the other worthwhile contributors are getting a little fed up with it. I for one have an honest interest in they're Zeppelin contributions and have become tired of the continued

ego battles that take place here. Beat the crap out of each other all you want on the political threads but leave the Zeppelin stuff alone. If someone posts inaccurate info about the band then , it will get sorted out. Peacefully I hope

I really wasn't expecting or intending to get dragged into th is thread. My post supposed to be lighthearted so I am not entirely sure why you dragged me into it. That said i haven't had an issue with you as far as I can ever recall. I have had my moments at both having a go at someone and having someone going at me. I speak for myself usually but I have defended attacks on people like Knebby from others around here who have only seen things from one side. There are a few people here who are so sychophantic in terms of agreeing with everything SAJ says or does and then have a go at anyone else who has a different viewpoint. The sucking up is a bit sickly at times. If you feel the need to defend him from others then thats up to you but please don't have a go at those who defend what other people say. There are no innocent parties here and I think some tend to ignore the valid points some have made about negative and critical attitudes and behaviours that get no acknowledgement but then they are attacked for saying similar things. Its a bit double standardy really. I have stated my case several times in the past and see no reason to do so again now.

No one person owns this site or has any more right to determine what is said and for me it does come across as grandiose that a recommendation to close the board is stated by someone who has no more authority around here than you or I.

Is it your opinion that I'm a sychophant ?

Interesting choice of word, as "sychophant" is one of the very first things Steve said about a very well-respected member of this site and the old site who shall remain nameless (who, by the way, he kisses this person's ass now).

I really wasn't expecting or intending to get dragged into th is thread. My post supposed to be lighthearted so I am not entirely sure why you dragged me into it. That said i haven't had an issue with you as far as I can ever recall. I have had my moments at both having a go at someone and having someone going at me. I speak for myself usually but I have defended attacks on people like Knebby from others around here who have only seen things from one side. There are a few people here who are so sychophantic in terms of agreeing with everything SAJ says or does and then have a go at anyone else who has a different viewpoint. The sucking up is a bit sickly at times. If you feel the need to defend him from others then thats up to you but please don't have a go at those who defend what other people say. There are no innocent parties here and I think some tend to ignore the valid points some have made about negative and critical attitudes and behaviours that get no acknowledgement but then they are attacked for saying similar things. Its a bit double standardy really. I have stated my case several times in the past and see no reason to do so again now.

No one person owns this site or has any more right to determine what is said and for me it does come across as grandiose that a recommendation to close the board is stated by someone who has no more authority around here than you or I.

Fair enough Ledded. I see your point and agree totally that no one person is big enough to shut down this board....Sam excepted. I am going to call it a day on this thread and sorry for dragging you in. I just hope that somewhere along the line, we can at least keep this whole site in perspective. Life will go on

Archived