MISSING SONGS

Jimmy's A Legend

Hay i was on youtube this morning and i was watching some knebworth vids and there are some performances that are not on the DVD and same with the earls court.

What i want ot know is why they were not put on the DVD.

This might be another one of my idiotic Questions so sorry but thanks in advance anyway.

Although the DVD is terrific, in general - the disk #1 could have had better choices. No Quarter slipped in there, somewhere, would have been nice?

Maybe Earls Court and Knebworth will be released in their entirety as separate releases at some point so it was prudent to hold back some material

Although the DVD is terrific, in general - the disk #1 could have had better choices. No Quarter slipped in there, somewhere, would have been nice?

Dude are you kidding me?

Disc 1 is all early days stuff... The Royal Albert Hall performance preceeded No Quarter by 3 years.. not the same era.

What i want ot know is why they were not put on the DVD.

First - that DVD was intended to cover their whole career, so putting more Knebworth would have left less time for something else.

Second - they were choosing the best performances for the DVD. There is complete video of both Knebworth concerts but some songs just weren't performed up to the standards that the band wished to put out on the DVD.

Third - Page & Kevin Shirley have both reported that for some songs there were problems with the multi track recordings. It's one thing for there to be a bootleg on Youtube with a stereo audience or soundboard audio track. But if there wasn't a full multi-track audion that they could do a proper mix & production on, then that song wasn't considered for the DVD.

Fourth - well sometimes it's just simply avoiding duplicating a song. There would have been no point putting, for example, three different versions of STH on there.

I'm sure there are some other perfectly legitimate reasons as well, but that'll do for now... :)

i wonder if we will ever see the official release of the complete show at Earls court or Knebworth

See the third point in my post above.

For that reason it's unlikely we'd ever get a complete Earl's Court or Knebworth. Best hope would be some kind of composite "best of"...

First - that DVD was intended to cover their whole career, so putting more Knebworth would have left less time for something else.

Second - they were choosing the best performances for the DVD. There is complete video of both Knebworth concerts but some songs just weren't performed up to the standards that the band wished to put out on the DVD.

Third - Page & Kevin Shirley have both reported that for some songs there were problems with the multi track recordings. It's one thing for there to be a bootleg on Youtube with a stereo audience or soundboard audio track. But if there wasn't a full multi-track audion that they could do a proper mix & production on, then that song wasn't considered for the DVD.

Fourth - well sometimes it's just simply avoiding duplicating a song. There would have been no point putting, for example, three different versions of STH on there.

I'm sure there are some other perfectly legitimate reasons as well, but that'll do for now... :)

As in, a second compilation for future consideration.

Archived