I met Jimmy Page

I said, Mr Page could I have your autograph please. People with him were not very happy. JP was a bit startled but then, he felt relaxed. He saw the page in front of him read: Jimmy Page (The Legend) under which he was supposed to sign. He was very soft spoken and asked me my name and how to spell it. I regret not atempting at a longer conversation but, I was quite nervous at that time!

Let's see a scan.

I have changed my avatar. Didn't know of any other way to append the scanned autograph

very happy for you!!

I guess we all want to know every possible detail, here are few more questions for you

1. Why do you think the people around were unhappy ...were there other fans at that time? or do they not appreciate fans around the world?

2. Was JP happy to see you (I am sure he is happy to see fans from around the world)

3 Was JP rushed/friendly? Did he "kind" of wanted to talk yes or no

I realize that celebrities are bothered all the time...but at that moment it seems to me you were the only one...I do not like the attitude of people around him towards you... anyway I hope that you like Jimmy Page even more after meeting him.

thanks in advance

:lol: Yeah, I was much younger then too :bagoverhead:

I love your post...can you tell us the "whole story" like a Entertainment Tonight show reporter...

who was there, who did JP came with, (Robert's whole family pictures are on this site from this premiere)...lastely, how did you meet the IMPOSSIBLE JIMMY PAGE...I can't believe it!! Did you stand in line, forever or what...fill us in...tks. lot

I really love your story..

Yes JP is looking very beautiful! although I am little worried about his health in 77 images..

very happy for you!!

I guess we all want to know every possible detail, here are few more questions for you

1. Why do you think the people around were unhappy ...were there other fans at that time? or do they not appreciate fans around the world?

2. Was JP happy to see you (I am sure he is happy to see fans from around the world)

I realize that celebrities are bothered all the time...but at that moment it seems to me you were the only one...I do not like the attitude of people around him towards you... anyway I hope that you like Jimmy Page even more after meeting him.

thanks in advance

Some people, when out with friends, actually want to spend uninterrupted time with them, even if their friends are famous. I know it might seem strange...

I'm sure Jimmy really appreciates the attention of his fans, but I'm also sure it takes its toll (no offense at all to LedKhan).

I have changed my avatar. Didn't know of any other way to append the scanned autograph

It is so small!, but really it is so nice of you to share this autograph with us. I am happy for you and happy that you can share your excitment on this board with people who would have been as happy and anxious as you were, meeting Jimmy Page. Rock on Jimmy!

I said, Mr Page could I have your autograph please. People with him were not very happy. JP was a bit startled but then, he felt relaxed. He saw the page in front of him read: Jimmy Page (The Legend) under which he was supposed to sign. He was very soft spoken and asked me my name and how to spell it. I regret not atempting at a longer conversation but, I was quite nervous at that time!

Were one of those unhappy people Ross Halfin?? B)

If this were me, I probably would've just sat there quietly in awe that Jimmy Page & I occupied the same space.....:lol: I don't think I'd have the nerve to ask for an autograph. I'm glad it went well for you. Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations! I know you will treasure it. :)

I was in Europe/London for a couple of days.

It was an after hours business-dinner. London downtown, Soho square.I walked into the AutoMat restaurant and noticed a guy in white hair, sitting/hiding at a corner table with a couple of more people.

He resembled Jimmy Page. I made another entrance to check him out.Yes, it was the man himself!

I just couldn't belive it and I felt nervous & happy, both.

I waited for him to finish his dinner and kept checking on him like an undercover agent. Then, I approached him after 30 minutes of spying and met him and got his autograph!

I was with a group of people moslty Brits and surprisingly only one of the mknow of Led Zep! I asked them to what have they been listneing to all their lives!

It was a memorable moment on the eve of my birthday.

Sadly, I can't append the image of the autograph :(

Great Story - Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing this. I am so jealous.

I'd pay more than 26 bucks for a burger if I knew Jimmy was there!

I'd pay twice as much.

Fancy a burger at the AutoMat? B)

Gosh Khan, You are so lucky.

I would be afraid to approach him.

very happy for you!!

thanks in advance

His companions were having some deep discussions earlier. They were 2 men and a woman. I odn't know if they were striking a business/recording/production deal with JP. Or maybe they are one of those who have zero tolerance for phrases like 'excuse me' .

Actually I only noticed one person when I was there at the table. I didn't even feel the existence of the other two :)

TO be honest, I could have struck a conversation. I am kind of shy not very demanding type so, I settled for just an autograph. Although till today, I imagine what would I have said.... and have come up with loads of interesting lines.

JP was cool and pleasant. Maybe he was ready for more..... but, I didn't make any attempt :(

Maybe next time!

Some people, when out with friends, actually want to spend uninterrupted time with them, even if their friends are famous. I know it might seem strange...

I'm sure Jimmy really appreciates the attention of his fans, but I'm also sure it takes its toll (no offense at all to LedKhan).

Funny thing is that one of my colleague (the only one educated when it comes to music! :)) went after me to ask for an autograph. He came back wihtout one.

JP said that he was having coffee, and excused himself.

[...]

I would be afraid to approach him.

Same here. 35 years ago I was a different person (younger, intrepid, naive) and I approached with impunity. During the past 25 years, however, I have been similar situations and have gone catatonic. Not only afraid to approach but displaying symptoms such as heart racing, throat constricting, face flushing, etc. Unable to eat, unable to move. Completely and utterly paralyzed with fear. My husband usually had to gently prod me out of my stupor so we could carry on with whatever we were doing.

Same here. 35 years ago I was a different person (younger, intrepid, naive) and I approached with impunity. During the past 25 years, however, I have been similar situations and have gone catatonic. Not only afraid to approach but displaying symptoms such as heart racing, throat constricting, face flushing, etc. Unable to eat, unable to move. Completely and utterly paralyzed with fear. My husband usually had to gently prod me out of my stupor so we could carry on with whatever we were doing.

So true though, isn't it? I feel that when I was younger, I would do a lot of things on impulse and pure adrenaline & excitement of the moment. Now that I am older, I feel like I am and would be a lot more timid in a situation like that, and probably display similar symptoms as you mentioned above. ;)

I've never met Jimmy Page but I've talked to two different people over the years who have. Both said he was a gentleman. One of them used to work in the music industry and said that Jimmy was the nicest person in that profession he had met.

LedKhan, tks for the replies..

now that we have his autograph scan...in my opinion, JP remains a

spiritiualist. It has struck me that the "J" "P" is a 6 & 9 (appearing opposites) as the numbers appear on his white dragon suits ( a symbol of union, I believe).

Jimmy page has given a interview in latest RollingStone magazine that union between man and woman is essence of his guitar - music riffs.... To me, his autograph reflects his current state of mind ...if you look closely at the scan from the top it appears to be man and a woman in a romantic pose...I really admire his autograph...Page remains the same....

Others may have their own opinion as well...but the autograph struck me as did the 6 & 9 symbol from his dragon suit...

take care..

spiritiualist. It has struck me that the "J" "P" is a 6 & 9 (appearing opposites) as the numbers appear on his white dragon suits ( a symbol of union, I believe).

Jimmy page has given a interview in latest RollingStone magazine that union between man and woman is essence of his guitar - music riffs.... To me, his autograph reflects his current state of mind ...if you look closely at the scan from the top it appears to be man and a woman in a romantic pose...I really admire his autograph...Page remains the same....

Others may have their own opinion as well...but the autograph struck me as did the 6 & 9 symbol from his dragon suit...

take care..

wow.....

take care..

I love this. And yes, he was (is?) a spiritualist and into astrology. That 69 symbol is actually the symbol for Cancer, his moon sign. The one above was his rising sign Scorpio, and the one above that is his Sun sign, Capricorn. Very deep thing to do, to make a suit with one's chart on it. I only have tattoos of my signs B)

take care..

Sorry to disabuse you of what is a very nice notion, but his sig is 93--Thelemic love under will (not entirely divergent from what you thought, though).

Sorry to disabuse you of what is a very nice notion, but his sig is 93--Thelemic love under will (not entirely divergent from what you thought, though).

Well, if this is true, and he is still signing his signature this way...then that answers my question if he is still on his path...Of course, his sigil showing up at the 02 reunion kinda gave that away, too ;)

First, to approach a strangers table, even after they have finished eating seems rude and intrusive.

Second, even if he was finished, and moved way from the table, I think I'd probably faint dead away at the mere thought of talking to JP, someone I admire beyond all rational reason.... I don't know if I could utter a single intelligible word...to ask for an autograph would be impossible, even though, I'd probably sleep with it under my pillow until the day I died, and then they'd have to tear it away from my cold, dead hands.

I'd love to gaze upon his angelic face from a respected distance though. That alone would be amazing enough.

To actually properly meet him.....my head swims at the thought. :wub:

So true though, isn't it? I feel that when I was younger, I would do a lot of things on impulse and pure adrenaline & excitement of the moment. Now that I am older, I feel like I am and would be a lot more timid in a situation like that, and probably display similar symptoms as you mentioned above. ;)

In my case, it really is true. Not only am I more timid, I no longer have the desire or motivation to do crazy, impulsive things like that (things that would cause me to make a spectacle of myself). It was fun while it lasted and I have some great memories as a result of it. ;)

I've never met Jimmy Page but I've talked to two different people over the years who have. Both said he was a gentleman. One of them used to work in the music industry and said that Jimmy was the nicest person in that profession he had met.

Thanks for sharing that. It's really nice to hear because I have always felt the exact same way. All these years later, nothing has ever changed my impression.

First, to approach a strangers table, even after they have finished eating seems rude and intrusive.

Second, even if he was finished, and moved way from the table, I think I'd probably faint dead away at the mere thought of talking to JP, someone I admire beyond all rational reason.... I don't know if I could utter a single intelligible word...to ask for an autograph would be impossible, even though, I'd probably sleep with it under my pillow until the day I died, and then they'd have to tear it away from my cold, dead hands.

I'd love to gaze upon his angelic face from a respected distance though. That alone would be amazing enough.

To actually properly meet him.....my head swims at the thought. :wub:

Even when I was young and impulsive, I never approached celebs while they were dining. It must be something that was encoded in my DNA while I was growing up in NYC and LA - we'd often see celebs dining or shopping but there was always an unspoken (and unbroken) rule never to disturb or approach them. When it came to rockers (the only celebs I had an interest in), I restricted my "approaching" to places like concert venues, hotel lobbies, airport tarmacs, and clubs.

As an adult, not only would I not be able to utter a single intelligible word, I would probably forget to breathe. I went through a phase when I was actually afraid of running into Jimmy Page because I didn't trust myself not to look like a complete and utter fool. :P

Even when I was young and impulsive, I never approached celebs while they were dining. It must be something that was encoded in my DNA while I was growing up in NYC and LA - we'd often see celebs dining or shopping but there was always an unspoken (and unbroken) rule never to disturb or approach them. When it came to rockers (the only celebs I had an interest in), I restricted my "approaching" to places like concert venues, hotel lobbies, airport tarmacs, and clubs.

As an adult, not only would I not be able to utter a single intelligible word, I would probably forget to breathe. I went through a phase when I was actually afraid of running into Jimmy Page because I didn't trust myself not to look like a complete and utter fool. :P

You are used to seeing celebs then.

I have only met one celeb, and she was a soap star so that doesn't really count. :lol:

you are very very lucky

I was in Europe/London for a couple of days.

It was an after hours business-dinner. London downtown, Soho square.I walked into the AutoMat restaurant and noticed a guy in white hair, sitting/hiding at a corner table with a couple of more people.

He resembled Jimmy Page. I made another entrance to check him out.Yes, it was the man himself!

I just couldn't belive it and I felt nervous & happy, both.

I waited for him to finish his dinner and kept checking on him like an undercover agent. Then, I approached him after 30 minutes of spying and met him and got his autograph!

I was with a group of people moslty Brits and surprisingly only one of the mknow of Led Zep! I asked them to what have they been listneing to all their lives!

It was a memorable moment on the eve of my birthday.

Sadly, I can't append the image of the autograph :(

Archived