I met Jimmy Page

As an adult, not only would I not be able to utter a single intelligible word, I would probably forget to breathe. I went through a phase when I was actually afraid of running into Jimmy Page because I didn't trust myself not to look like a complete and utter fool. :P

I have a feeling if I ran into him even now I would probably look like a complete and utter fool :lol: But at least I would have a lot of fun doing it...

You are used to seeing celebs then.

I have only met one celeb, and she was a soap star so that doesn't really count. :lol:

In my mind, there are celebs...and then there are the Zep guys. :D

I have a feeling if I ran into him even now I would probably look like a complete and utter fool :lol: But at least I would have a lot of fun doing it...

:lol:

LedKhan, tks for the replies..

now that we have his autograph scan...in my opinion, JP remains a

spiritiualist. It has struck me that the "J" "P" is a 6 & 9 (appearing opposites) as the numbers appear on his white dragon suits ( a symbol of union, I believe).

Jimmy page has given a interview in latest RollingStone magazine that union between man and woman is essence of his guitar - music riffs.... To me, his autograph reflects his current state of mind ...if you look closely at the scan from the top it appears to be man and a woman in a romantic pose...I really admire his autograph...Page remains the same....

Others may have their own opinion as well...but the autograph struck me as did the 6 & 9 symbol from his dragon suit...

take care..

PlantPage, you are so right!

Two souls bound together, dancing their way through life..... even JP's autograph is a piece of art!

Thanks for introducing this dimension

That's so nice! I love your story and envy you. I'd love to meet him. I'd be afraid to approach him, but from what I've heard, he's so sweet, he might be okay with it.

Thanks. I think if you were there you would have approached him. Under such circumstances, you would lose all sense & sensibility and the only thought in your mind would be to make him hear you :)

Sorry to disabuse you of what is a very nice notion, but his sig is 93--Thelemic love under will (not entirely divergent from what you thought, though).

That's very interesting, A.. I googled the phrase and found one source that claims it's the basis for Sexual Magic: "harnessing one’s own sexuality with intentionality, to bring about change." I thought Jimmy wasn't all that interested in the sex magic aspect of Crowley's work, was he? I vaguely remember him dismissing it as boring. I'll try to find the exact quote.

That's very interesting, A.. I googled the phrase and found one source that claims it's the basis for Sexual Magic: "harnessing one’s own sexuality with intentionality, to bring about change." I thought Jimmy wasn't all that interested in the sex magic aspect of Crowley's work, was he? I vaguely remember him dismissing it as boring. I'll try to find the exact quote.

Hi FireOpal! That may be a valid reading, but people in the Thelemic community (see, for e.g., the great site lashtal.com) tend to open greetings with 93 and close them with 93 93/93, so the direct sexual reference referred to in your source isn't always uppermost. And yep, Jimmy did say the sex magick was a little dull :lol:.

Archived