When listening to each led zep album, what songs do you skip?

for me:

Led Zeppelin I:

You're Time is Gonna Come

You Shook Me (not as often skipped as YTIGC)

I Can't Quit You Baby (sometimes)

Led Zeppelin II:

The Lemon Song (not a fan of the lyrics "squeeze my lemon 'til the juice runs down my leg")

that's the only one on that album

Led Zeppelin III:

Out on the Tiles (sometimes)

the rest I let play, even Hats off to (Roy) Harper

Led Zeppelin IV:

Stairway to Heaven

that's the only one I skip, heard it way too many times

HOTH:

this album varies depending on my mood. the only two that I never skip are Dancing Days and The Ocean. The one I probably skip the most is Over the Hills and Far Away. I love that song but I'm just tired of it.

Physical Graffiti:

for the first disc I always skip Custard Pie and The Rover and I let the rest of disc play on through

for disc two it varies depending on my mood, like HOTH. I usually play Ten Years Gone, The Wanton Song, Boogie With Stu and Black Country Woman. In the Light is one of my top favorite songs but it sorta drags and i'm not in the mood for it very often. I don't like Sick Again so I usually stop with Black Country Woman

Presence:

I listen to the whole album about half the time and the other half i listen to achilles, for your life and nobody's fault but mine

In Through The Out Door:

usually listen to it all the way through, it's my favorite album, sometimes I skip Carouselambra 'cause that song drags a bit

CO|DA:

lots of times I just go straight for my favorite song off this album, "Wearing and Tearing" but I also listen to it all the way through sometimes too.

The only Zep tune I EVER skip is "All of My Love". I grew weary of "Kashmir" simply because it is on a classic rock radio station EVERY freakin' hour PLUS hearing Puffy Daddy Diddy basterdize it in "Come With Me" didn't help. However, since the incredible O2 performance, I have grown a new love for that song again!

I - Your Time Is Gonna Come, You Shook Me

II - Thank You (good song, but kind of a break in the mood), Moby Dick drum solo (sorry Bonzo)

III - Friends, Celebration Day, Out on the Tiles, Hats Off to Roy Harper

IV - Rock and Roll, Four Sticks (sometimes)

HOTH - The Song Remains the Same, The Crunge

Physical Graffiti - Custard Pie (sometimes), Black Country Woman

Presence - I usually just play the whole thing because I only have it on vinyl...can't be bothered to get up and mess with it

ITTOD - Carouselambra

Don't have Coda.

You know I often go into that with the feeling that I am going to skip this track or that track but when I start to listen touching anything except the volume control just seems to be against the law. Although, I have found myself to back track to hear the same song now again!

Holy shit! ; I can't believe how many of you skip Out On The Tiles... thats like the 3rd best song on III!

I must say, the only song I skip consistently is Moby Dick (too drawn out), South Bound Suarez (too 80's), Hot Dog (not enough room to explain) and Hats Off to (Roy) Harper (I don't think I've ever gotten so annoyed as I get listening to this song going absolutely nowhere in 3 and a half minutes)

Those are the only ones that come to mind....

Don't throw me under the bus,but sometimes Fool In The Rain catches me in a mood when I'm not ready for it...can't really explain it.

(Glad to see you back in these parts zeppelincheetah,interesting topic)

stairway to heaven

i'll second that...i couldn't believe it when they played it at the o2...i was just thinking about the time it was eating up and what i could have been potentially listening to in its place...

i'll second that...i couldn't believe it when they played it at the o2...i was just thinking about the time it was eating up and what i could have been potentially listening to in its place...

That's wild...I could listen to the studio version of Stairway five times a day.The recorder playing by JPJ does it for me.I like the distinct chapters of the song.Overplayed?Yeah,but it still stays fresh to me.I'm probably in the minority.

1. Bonzo's Montreaux....Not a big fan of the steel drum.

2. Hot Dog

3. Kashmir....I do love this song, but sometimes all I can think about when I hear it is Puff Daddy and that kills it for me.

I've never skipped Out on the Tiles or Custard Pie. I love all of CP, and really love the end/fade out of OOTT. I skip STH about 3/4 of the time. Some I skip because I'm not in the mood to handle them, emotionally. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Once I became a parent, I couldn't listen to All My Love very often. That's the Way is so beautiful (esp the end) that I just can't fucking take it sometimes.

I am about to commit blasphemy and say I skip The Rover about half the time. I hate the verse but love the chorus. I skip Down by the Seaside almost every time because it drives me nuts. I pretty much love all of I, II, III (my favorite) and IV and HOTH. And now for more blashphemy- I skip Achilles about half the time because it feels like a commitment and my attention span is not the greatest. I haven't had ITTOD or Coda for years (need to get those again!) but I know Fool in the Rain is one of my all time favs, and from Coda I remember really liking Poor Tom.

Sorry, nothing anybody can do will ever make me like The Crunge more. ;)

The Crunge is .........Awesome ............I never skip the Crunge ...........Ever !

Do the Crunge Baby ...............Like a sex machine ............Ughhh ! Take it Take it Take it ..............Excuse me .......oh won't you excuse me ......................i'm just tyin' to find the bridge

Where's that confounded bridge !! :D:beer:

The Crunge is .........Awesome ............I never skip the Crunge ...........Ever !

Do the Crunge Baby ...............Like a sex machine ............Ughhh ! Take it Take it Take it ..............Excuse me .......oh won't you excuse me ......................i'm just tyin' to find the bridge

Where's that confounded bridge !! :D:beer:

I'm with you and we stand alone! B)

I'm with you and we stand alone! B)

No, there are at least 3 of us...

My philosophy is that if i skip something, i'm going to miss out on something. Every single Zep song has a nuance that i enjoy, however small.

I woke up with Down By the Seaside stuck in my head. After a few hours, The Rover took over. WTF. I guess I will put that cd in my car tomorrow. It was for about a month, but now I have HOTH in there; I took it out for awhile because I was listening to TSRTS over and over. Then I got a hankering for it again, so I put it back. When I had Physical Graffitti in the car, I started out listening to the whole thing, but then it was Custard Pie over and over.

Does anyone else listen to the same LZ song two or more times in a row? What I really miss is being able to rewind, or move the needle. In Over the Hills and Far Away, I could listen to the solo section 10 times. In Fool in the Rain, I could listen to the section before the solo and the the solo 10 times. Candy Store Rock- over and over. That weird section of How Many More times over and over. Houses of the Holy - I listened to that song for hours at a time a couple of times in my life. III and IV- I could listen to most of those songs over and over for a whole day. I always listen to Friends and Celebration Day at least 3 times. Black Dog, Four Stick and Levee twice.

Archived