Is there bad blood between Bono and Robert?

Wolfman

I remember a friend said he was reading a book on U2 and said something about there being some bad blood between the two. Anyone know if this is true?

Edited by Wolfman

I remember a friend said he was reading a book on U2 and said something about there being some bad blood between the two. Anyone know if this is true?

That's news to me. I've only heard Bono say complimentary things about Zep - never anything bad about Robert or vice versa.

That's news to me. I've only heard Bono say complimentary things about Zep - never anything bad about Robert or vice versa.

I might add the Bono is also known to slip in a refrain from Whole Lottal Love on occasion. i recall Robert saying that U2 were a brilliant band

Bill Flanagan's book on U2 has a great little story about Robert and Bono in it but alas I don't own the book - someone read it to me a long time ago.

Oh, I love U2 :D One of my favorite bands.

Hey, did you see Rattle and Hum in about 88? I was the only person in the theater! :P Sat front and center.

Here's something I found:

What really matters here (if any of this matters) is that Bono thinks of himself as short. Evidence: The platform shoes. Evidence: The narrator's joke on the 2001 Elevation Tour live DVD from Boston about how if a cinematographer wants to keep getting hired to film U2 concerts, he should choose lenses that make Bono look as tall as possible. Evidence: The anecdote in Bill Flanagan's 1995 book U2 at the End of the World wherein Flanagan talks about how Bono refers to Robert Plant as "the tall, cool one" and then gets really, really upset when he hears that Plant called him "the short, fat one." Then again, maybe it was being called "fat" that had Bono all broken up. Well, that and all those starving Africans.

If there was bad blood ;would U2 have put a couple of led zeppelin video clips (about 5 seconds)in there latest /last music video.you can clearly see Robert . :rolleyes:

Bono has the most whiney singing voice I've ever heard. His guitar player is a one trick pony who sounds like an ice cream truck in every song. If not for the empty void in music during the 80's, you wouldn't even be discussing this...

Bono has the most whiney singing voice I've ever heard. His guitar player is a one trick pony who sounds like an ice cream truck in every song. If not for the empty void in music during the 80's, you wouldn't even be discussing this...

Yikes, have to disagree on this. There's nothing whiney at all, especially live. He's got an amazing range (he's sung bits of operatic singing live) and to me it's full of power. His lyrics are incredibly moving. It's not a musical void that has kept them popular for over 20 years.

Well, if this was a U2 thread, I would have left it be. Maybe I'm jealous that a band with very little to offer, to me, has had a longer time together and is still enjoying the limelight - while another band that has so much to offer to me had so relatively little time together and still dicks around when time is wasting?