Rock fashion: now and then

ps- I love those ZOSO pants because my sign, Scorpio, is right where it should be... :rolleyes:

B)

Word of the day is: dandified. Also, my mission today is to find that Robert picture. I'm certain there's a woman beside him in it.

Word of the day is: dandified. Also, my mission today is to find that Robert picture. I'm certain there's a woman beside him in it.

I sort of remember a fur vest, too, almost certain Maureen (the ex wife) was in the picture. Maybe it's the same vest from TSRTS when he's doing his King Arthur bit? Now I'm gonna look through my collection for the pic too, and no doubt I'll come across some more "dandified" photos of Jimmy and John Paul. Shield my eyes for what's to come... B)

2208385465_158e8c17ef_o.jpg

ps- I love those ZOSO pants because my sign, Scorpio, is right where it should be... :rolleyes:

My sign too... ;)

Yeah, the dragon pants have always been a favorite. Better than these tartan, anyway..

I used to have a wool blanket/plaid with the same pattern... :lol:

and that yellow sweater, oh yeah, that matches so well the pants :blink: but I must say that the scarf balances everything, almost.... :rolleyes:

c_71-07-14_n28.jpg

:hysterical: OH dear GOD! Jimmy looks like he rolled out of bed, down the lobby stairs, out of a cab and into the street just before this pic was taken. Maybe his luggage got lost at the airport and he borrowed clothes from Robert and John Paul? That jacket does look a little short in the sleeves...!

c_71-07-14_n28.jpg

ps-I saw some photos from a 1980 concert, and both Jimmy and Robert wore t-shirts and jeans.

Bor-ing. No scarf, no hat, nothing. I hope Jimmy does dress "dandified" if there ever is a new tour. Anything velvet would -ahem- suit me just fine. :D

ps-I saw some photos from a 1980 concert, and both Jimmy and Robert wore t-shirts and jeans.

Bor-ing. No scarf, no hat, nothing. I hope Jimmy does dress "dandified" if there ever is a new tour. Anything velvet would -ahem- suit me just fine. :D

Yeah as far as fashion goes, the 1980 tour was boring. I guess they were really trying to get away from the flamboyancy of past tours. They succeeded! :mellow: And Jimmy does wear a scarf like no one else can (even if it's polka dot and tied in a bow :lol:) But YIKES! That pic up there scares me. Not the Jimmy one - the band pic. NOT their best look. Robert doesn't even look remotely like himself.

I'd laugh hysterically..... then hide.

We could hide behind some bushes and laugh.

My thoughts on rock fashion: When I was little in the 70's, there was all kinds of crazy shit going on. Glittery, grungy, funky, and just plain weird. I remember being afraid of a David Bowie album cover, and of Aerosmith in the Sgt. Pepper movie (with Peter Frampton- anybody remember that?) I was also afraid of the Stones and Robert Plant :o They looked creepy to me.

Then there was New Wave, which was extremely cool to me when I was 10 to 12. Bands like Missing Persons and Devo fascinated me. Then things seemed to get glossy and fakey, and I gave up. A lot of bands in the 80's looked ridiculous to me, though I now appreciate some of them more. But anyway, that was the time I really got into Zeppelin, and also other bands from that era.

I guess in general, I've preffered plain old T-shirts and jeans bands, but that itself seemed to get co-opted, for lack of a better term. In the early 90's I was so happy to see and hear more straight-ahead rock....then they started calling it "grunge" to sell products. I guess since then I haven't been paying enough attention. I noticed a few years ago that some 80's sounds and looks were working their way back into things. But I kind of like the way they've done it; they've kept more of the good stuff and left the cruddy stuff behind. I'm sure some people will disagree with me on that.

c_71-07-14_n28.jpg

I gotta admit, if I saw that gang coming down the street, I'd hide.

Ahahaha! Not ME! But then, I love freaks. I'd be the first one to walk right up to them and say "wow! cool shirt, where'd ya get it?" cuz I love people who dare to be different.

OK, the plaid pants, I admit, I'm old enough to remember when they were COOL! Probably Jimmy is soley responsible for their coolness!

Ya gotta love a singer that wears womens jeans and shirts, Jonesy was always well pulled together, Bozo seems like he threw on whatever his wife packed for him and Jimmy was ecclectic to say the least...only Jimmy could pull off the Jimmy looks. Remember the pink velvet pants and open knit tank top?! But it was JIMMY and it was tres' cool!!

I've seen tons of pics of Jimmy in statement tees...always love his statements but hate the boring tee look on him. He was totally elegant at the O2 and of course we can see he is now quite attached to that army jacket (which is a great look for him) Again, I put my hat in the ring to be Jimmy's stylist when he tours :D

And just have to add, I always love Steven Tylers look...he excudes Rock Star, LOL!! Again, only Steven can pull that off...as only Jimmy pulls off his look :) Of course, the mix and match of prints? Ummm, I'm guessing all nighters and he grabbed what was clean :oops:

c_71-07-14_n28.jpg

I gotta admit, if I saw that gang coming down the street, I'd hide.

Me too. They look so destitute, they could easily steal the purse of a little old Italian lady on her way to church and nobody would stop them.

ps-In Italian, the magazine title reads "We present/offer/give a hippy a letter." Wonder what that letter said? The bath house is two blocks down the road on the left? :rolleyes:

Don't you love it when rich people dress like colorblind hobos?

Jimmy would look hot in a burlap bag! ; ) Better yet, a burlap bag tucked away in my bedroom! I'd let him out on good behavior. :D

Ahahaha! TMI I'm sure!!

You know, according to the book The Look, Jimmy set male fashion trends in the 60s. :rolleyes: He can't just wear a burlap bag without a scarf, can he? How about the Mad Hatter one? I'm all for it!! :D

1975-01-18Minn.jpg

The fact that Jimmy wore an argyle vest with tennis shoes in 1969 made me respect him all the more. Besides, he had balls to wear that vest- it looked like something his Mom knitted him for a birthday present.

I can see it now... Some big joke between the band to get thousands of people to go buy argyle sweaters. Hehe.

2w3s45z.jpg

Aahh I still don't see Robert anywhere in there. Who is this imposter? lol

Girls comparing the armadillos in their trousers...honestly! :rolleyes:

Here's another picture from the same photo shoot in Milan, and that's definitely Robert. I thought it was Ian Anderson for a minute!

1971_07-05_Milan.jpg

00672547.gif

:D

Girls comparing the armadillos in their trousers...honestly! :rolleyes:

Here's another picture from the same photo shoot in Milan, and that's definitely Robert. I thought it was Ian Anderson for a minute!

1971_07-05_Milan.jpg

00672547.gif

:D

Will the real Robert Plant please step forward :lol:

Case solved!

Archived