Are cracks beginning to show

Krauss often sang with her hands behind her back, looking reverent or polite, maybe even a bit uncomfortable. As for their unlikely pairing, she and Plant mostly kept their distance, not even making much eye contact. And when they did, it looked more like midteen awkwardness than the flighty and flirty photos on the album sleeve.

Part of report on Reuters uk site. Anyone else read the report?

Krauss often sang with her hands behind her back, looking reverent or polite, maybe even a bit uncomfortable. As for their unlikely pairing, she and Plant mostly kept their distance, not even making much eye contact. And when they did, it looked more like midteen awkwardness than the flighty and flirty photos on the album sleeve.

I read it, and another review of the Greek that made no mention of such awkwardness.

I read it, and another review of the Greek that made no mention of such awkwardness.

She said in a recent interview she feels a little uncomfortable without a fiddle in her hands for some songs.

Good Times Bad Times... that's what a tour can be like. I wouldn't read anything into that.

Like it or not, this tour and project has exceeded all expectations. It's creating a huge buzz in the US as the tour progresses. The audiences are getting larger; the reviewers are creaming their pants, and the sales are increasing. Additional dates are more than likely going to be added into the fall, a live DVD will be released and the album is expected to clean-up at the Grammys in 2009 and the follow-up won't be far behind.

I think a tour of stadiums with Zeppelin is a long shot now more than ever.

I found them to be the exact opposite at the shows I've seen. They always made eye contact during the songs, and would smile and whisper to each other throughout the show. It was actually getting a little sickening for me! :lol: They seemed completely comfortable with each other to me, and even during the songs that T-Bone sang on his own, Robert and Alison sat together on the side talking and watching the show.

I thought they looked at ease together. I had to smile watching him last night because as he sang mournful lyrics I noticed a grin appear on his face from time to time. I forget which song it was. He also remarked something about oh now I remember what this is, possibly during Through The Morning Through The Night. I took these photos during last night's performance.

190296960_901590.gif190439007_476559.gif

I found them to be the exact opposite at the shows I've seen. They always made eye contact during the songs, and would smile and whisper to each other throughout the show. It was actually getting a little sickening for me! :lol: They seemed completely comfortable with each other to me, and even during the songs that T-Bone sang on his own, Robert and Alison sat together on the side talking and watching the show.

They were just like this last night--it was lovely! The review at the beginning of this thread is dead on for the dynamic (or lack thereof) on Monday, though. Seemed a very awkward evening indeed!

How is this tour a "farce"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farce

A farce is a comedy written for the stage or film which aims to entertain the audience by means of unlikely, extravagant, and improbable situations, disguise and mistaken identity, verbal humour of varying degrees of sophistication, which may include sexual innuendo and word play.

"Are cracks beginning to show"

If body language can speak, read into what you see. Is the electric magic already over on this tour?

Have my fingers crossed that once this tour ends they shake hands and wish each other all the best and move on to something else. The sooner the better imo. None of us are getting any younger. As far as I see it, once this tour is done, Plant will be 60 years old, and he'll need to decide once and for all, if it's going to happen or not. I think it would be a shame if he ended his career with this project being his coda. He has way more better in him than this.

If Page called upon Plant in the early years. It would be a nice classy gesture for Plant to call upon Page (and company) in the final years.

If body language can speak, read into what you see. Is the electric magic already over on this tour?

Have my fingers crossed that once this tour ends they shake hands and wish each other all the best and move on to something else. The sooner the better imo. None of us are getting any younger. As far as I see it, once this tour is done, Plant will be 60 years old, and he'll need to decide once and for all, if it's going to happen or not. I think it would be a shame if he ended his career with this project being his coda. He has way more better in him than this.

If Page called upon Plant in the early years. It would be a nice classy gesture for Plant to call upon Page (and company) in the final years.

Why would this last tour with Alison be Robert's coda? Even if he doesn't work with Jimmy again, I'm sure he'll embrace another project. He's got the energy and the will to be alwyas looking for new directions, no matter if everybody agrees with his ideas. I'm not a big fan of Raising Sand myself, but I it looks like the album is a huge success, so there might be plenty of people who liked their work. I'm sure Robert will turn up doing some new music, with or without Alison, with or without Jimmy.

And Robert has already called upon Jimmy. And the Unledded project/tour was the result.

I just saw a show recently and they don't look at all like either is not fully enjoying this project. I saw a lot of smiles and laughter. Not to mention they've all mentioned wanting to continue this at some point down the line.

What does his age have anything to do with it? He shows no signs of someone who can't handle touring given the fact since Dreamland, he's spent much of the last 6 years on the road! Look at Lily Allen at 22 or however young she is who after a few months had to stop touring as it was too rigorous :rolleyes:

I think this is a great project. It's not my favorite he's done but I admire and respect the fact he went in a completely unexpected direction musically and it's been met with such success. I hope he continues to record and tour not because I'd want this to be his swansong but I think he still has a lot to say and do musically.

It'd be great if he worked with Jimmy again if THEY want to, not because it'd be a classy gesture or he owes it to Jimmy, but because it felt right for them.

If body language can speak, read into what you see.

I did notice him looking in my direction on June 23, and I kept wondering why he seemed to be getting closer to my end of the stage. Maybe it was just because of the spotlight that happened to shine where I was sitting.

The Raising Sand revue is a perfect place for him to be as he reaches his 60's. The project has moved from an interesting collaboration to something much more. It is a breath of fresh air on the tired musical landscape and people are really responding to it. This will be the biggest seller of Robert's and Alison's career. The record actually climbed in the US charts 30 places last week, nearly a year after it's release date. The concerts are selling out in a rapidly declining market. When was the last time Robert played to 17K on his own or sold out Red Rocks? I think the continuation of this project is as important as a Zeppelin tour, and I want that as much as anyone. The Zeppelin tour is going to be nothing more than a victory lap. Great for all of us, but if we know anything about Robert, it's about moving forward and the response to Raising Sand is going to assure at least another record and tour.

Yes, I thought it went quite well so far this week. I wish I were in Santa Barbara right now. It truly was a welcome change of pace to spend two nights attending this live performance, two nights spent totally away from my computer, and really great fun. On both nights the concerts ended around eleven.

190530854_1009659.gif

LA Times

190553808_572597.gif

My photo

June 23, 2008

If wishing each other the best and move on to something else means that Robert will get together with his bandmates and perform one more time as Led Zeppelin, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Robert may certainly move on....perhaps to another project with Alison and or T-Bone Burnett, with Strange Sensation or with whatever creative muse he's guided by at that moment.

When was the last time Robert played to 17K on his own or sold out Red Rocks?

September 12, 2005

The Bell Centre, Montreal Canada

I was there and every seat was sold except for behind the stage

where no seats were sold

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farce

A farce is a comedy written for the stage or film which aims to entertain the audience by means of unlikely, extravagant, and improbable situations, disguise and mistaken identity, verbal humour of varying degrees of sophistication, which may include sexual innuendo and word play.

Yes, it's a smart move for the aging Plant to play with Allison as long as she allows it to happen. He needs her a lot more then She needs him at this point in their careers. Plant realizes that it's a lot safer and easier to sing back up to Allison then to hook back up with a smoking hot Page, JPJ, and Jason.

scs..................The Troll

Yes, it's a smart move for the aging Plant to play with Allison as long as she allows it to happen. He needs her a lot more then She needs him at this point in their careers. Plant realizes that it's a lot safer and easier to sing back up to Allison then to hook back up with a smoking hot Page, JPJ, and Jason.

scs..................The Troll

Your just cutting and pasting; we got this the first 20 times you posted it. By the way,

I believe Alison is also aging.

Yes, kind of like the way the Plant apologists say the same things over and over again too.

scs...........The TROLL

Check their previous post history and you'll see they don't while you are merely cutting and pasting, as your previous post history reflects.

Archived