Are cracks beginning to show

Well duh..........................he is ruining er' I mean singing Zep tunes is he not?

how would you know what he is doing-you haven't seen it!

if you-tube replaces the concert, why go to the concert?

it's totally different.

are you trying to get intelligent beings to agree with you thatyou-tube is the same as seeing something live?

that's ridiculous.

you don't have a valid opinion on this-you haven't seen it.

the only apology i have is for you-sorry to be the one to break it to you.

Why did he add Zeppelin songs on this tour to begin with? If this project is "so strong" then play every song off the whole damn cd and add a few more exciting blue grass classics! Ya do a few extended jam sessions of some high energy blue grass tunes. The entire audience can up on their feet having a great festive time!! Woooowhooooo!!

After seeing Zeppelin video clips from the 02 show and seeing him and Krauss do Zeppelin clips on youtube, I want to hurl. Seriously, enough with the side project. The clocks ticking, months are being wasted on this side project.

Why did he add Zeppelin songs on this tour to begin with?

Why did Page do Zeppelin songs at the ARMs concerts, with the Black Crowes, etc. Why has John Paul Jones done Zep songs on his solo tours and with other (gasp!) bluegrass acts such as Gillian Welch, Uncle Earl, the Duhks and others? Perhaps they all simply enjoy playing some of those tunes.

After seeing Zeppelin video clips from the 02 show and seeing him and Krauss do Zeppelin clips on youtube, I want to hurl. Seriously, enough with the side project. The clocks ticking, months are being wasted on this side project.

Plant and Krauss is a "side project" to what? Led Zeppelin? I think not, it's just a continuation of Plant's solo career. For all intents and purposes Led Zeppelin ended in 1980 when John Bonham left the planet. The show at the 02 was done out of their love and respect for Ahmet. They've made no further commitment to record or tour beyond that.

Personally, I'm waiting for Robert to hopefully get back with SS.

I'd LOVE to see Justin and Clive again. :wub:

And one thing some people fail to recall is, It WAS ROBERT who answered the request from Ahmet's wife....Remember folks?????? :rolleyes: HE got that ball rollin' so to the Plant Bashers, stick that in your....whatever it is....mouth and chew it?? :unsure::lol:

Why did he add Zeppelin songs on this tour to begin with? If this project is "so strong" then play every song off the whole damn cd and add a few more exciting blue grass classics! Ya do a few extended jam sessions of some high energy blue grass tunes. The entire audience can up on their feet having a great festive time!! Woooowhooooo!!

i understand how you feel, but you are aware that led zeppelin broke up in 1980, right?

And one thing some people fail to recall is, It WAS ROBERT who answered the request from Ahmet's wife....Remember folks?????? :rolleyes:

Be careful about throwing actual facts out there it won't give their already shaky legs any room to stand on.

Plant and Krauss is a "side project" to what? Led Zeppelin? I think not, it's just a continuation of Plant's solo career. For all intents and purposes Led Zeppelin ended in 1980 when John Bonham left the planet. The show at the 02 was done out of their love and respect for Ahmet. They've made no further commitment to record or tour beyond that.

"Continuation"? Are kidding me?? This is a major detour off the map no less!! His Garmin GPS is broken!!! This would like Mick Jagger making a heavy rap cd and supporting it with a tour! Would that be a smart move on his part? Five years from now when we look back at Plant's career, this "side project" will be looked at as this; a side project. Of course Plant is not going to say "ya well, it was not the best choice I've made over my career" is he??

I met Plant during his Fate of Nations tour. The morning after his show, I gave him a copy of the Toronto Star's glowing review of his show. We spoke in the lobby of the hotel for a good 15 minutes (fwiw, he is a TOTAL gentleman, for such a rock God he is SUPER down to earth and nice) and one of the things that stuck me then, was that during our conversation he referred to specific number of cd sales and how Fate of Nations cd was actually selling. He was somewhat disappointed. That means he was on top of the ball and was monitoring his cd sales and tour numbers. And if memory serves me correct, he scrapped that tour before it made it overseas to Australia so he could work with Page for the No Quarter cd. Where am I going with this? I have to figure he is monitoring cd sales and tour attendance with Kruass. It's just a matter of time imo, before this "side project" comes to an end. Doubt there will a "continuation" of this Krauss project rather you'll see a "continuation" of 02 and Zeppelin.

Sounds more like you're just disgruntled that Plant isn't regrouping with Led Zeppelin. Do you seriously think the very critically well received Raising Sand album and tour would have anything in common with a Jagger "rap" record? I hate to break it to you but Led Zeppelin ended in 1980. Anything they've done after that is just gravy. Perhaps you need some sort of reality check.

"Continuation"? Are kidding me?? This is a major detour off the map no less!! His Garmin GPS is broken!!! This would like Mick Jagger making a heavy rap cd and supporting it with a tour! Would that be a smart move on his part? Five years from now when we look back at Plant's career, this "side project" will be looked at as this; a side project. Of course Plant is not going to say "ya well, it was not the best choice I've made over my career" is he??

I met Plant during his Fate of Nations tour. The morning after his show, I gave him a copy of the Toronto Star's glowing review of his show. We spoke in the lobby of the hotel for a good 15 minutes (fwiw, he is a TOTAL gentleman, for such a rock God he is SUPER down to earth and nice) and one of the things that stuck me then, was that during our conversation he referred to specific number of cd sales and how Fate of Nations cd was actually selling. He was somewhat disappointed. That means he was on top of the ball and was monitoring his cd sales and tour numbers. And if memory serves me correct, he scrapped that tour before it made it overseas to Australia so he could work with Page for the No Quarter cd. Where am I going with this? I have to figure he is monitoring cd sales and tour attendance with Kruass. It's just a matter of time imo, before this "side project" comes to an end. Doubt there will a "continuation" of this Krauss project rather you'll see a "continuation" of 02 and Zeppelin.

Gotta disagree here. I don't think Robert is driven by sales or he'd have made other choices. He's always been about experimenting musically. If you listen to him on the Nine Lives dvd reflect upon his albums from over the years, he'll comment on things that may not have worked as well but he remains proud of them and happy he did what he did. I'd take his disappointment in the sales of FoN as not understanding why it wouldn't have sold more being such a great record and critically acclaimed.

I think that the Alison project will come to an end when the tour ends not for any other reason. Projects end after a time no matter what it is. I suspect they might work together in the future. What he'll do next we'll have to wait and see. It'll be whatever moves Robert musically, not financially IMO.

Perhaps you need some sort of reality check.

The only reality check that needs to be done is by those that will not allow Percy fans to have the option of not liking everything that he has ever done.

Many are now moving from a Percy apologist, to a.......Jason drum roll please.............a Percy hero worshipper!

Say after me, "It's ok if I like Percy, but do not like Blue/grass or Rock - A - Billy or many of his other solo meanderings.

The only reality check that needs to be done is by those that will not allow Percy fans to have the option of not liking everything that he has ever done.

Many are now moving from a Percy apologist, to a.......Jason drum roll please.............a Percy hero worshipper!

Say after me, "It's ok if I like Percy, but do not like Blue/grass or Rock - A - Billy or many of his other solo meanderings.

I have not once said that people should blindly like everything Robert does. Don't put words in my mouth. What I said is I respect how he's handled his solo career because he's stepped out on a limb and taken a lot of musical risks. Whether you like what he's done or not is subjective. I happen to like pretty much all he's done - some more than others but I do respect it all because he didn't take the easy route. Good on him I say.

And get off the hero worshipper crap. I don't worship him. I like his music. Big difference.

By the way, the term is rockabilly - one word :rolleyes:

I'd say turnabout is fair play here. Why don't you just accept the fact that lots and lots of people DO like what he's doing on its own merits. Nothing to do with worship...just like the music.

It's okay if you don't. It's also okay if I do.

I'm totally baffled by your stubbornness here...it's accomplishing nothing. It's just a difference in taste - that's it, that's the list.

this thread is on the tour-which you haven't SEEN.

it's impossible for you to know what you're talking about.

you're opinion is NOT VALID.

sorry...

this thread is on the tour-which you haven't SEEN.

When you do not like the album, or videos of songs selected from that album (Allison is very beautiful though), why would I spend my time or money going to see it live?? My original response to this thread had to do with why I think that "Cracks are beginning to show" might be happening. This was stated by some that had "seen" the show and I have given my opinion as to why this may be happening. You do not have to have seen the show to give a response as to why it may now be falling apart.

I have to figure he is monitoring cd sales and tour attendance with Kruass. It's just a matter of time imo, before this "side project" comes to an end. Doubt there will a "continuation" of this Krauss project rather you'll see a "continuation" of 02 and Zeppelin.

Why do you people make it SO EASY to shoot your harebrained schemes down? It's

like shooting monkeys in a barrel!

So, let's say you're right and Robert is monitoring cd sales, etc.

Well then, let us look at the FACTS, shall we?

"Raising Sand" is his best-selling cd in years.

On the "Mighty Rearranger"(an album and tour that I LOVED) tour, they played

ONE night at the Greek in L.A. The Raising Sand tour did TWO nights at the Greek.

Seems to me the collaboration is doing just fine.

When you do not like the album, or videos of songs selected from that album (Allison is very beautiful though), why would I spend my time or money going to see it live??

when you haven't seen it live, how can you comment on it with any credibility?

you can't....

no valid opinion=scs

Why do you people make it SO EASY to shoot your harebrained schemes down? It's

like shooting monkeys in a barrel!

So, let's say you're right and Robert is monitoring cd sales, etc.

Well then, let us look at the FACTS, shall we?

"Raising Sand" is his best-selling cd in years.

On the "Mighty Rearranger"(an album and tour that I LOVED) tour, they played

ONE night at the Greek in L.A. The Raising Sand tour did TWO nights at the Greek.

Seems to me the collaboration is doing just fine.

FACT; It's not his album. It is I'd guess 1/3 his.

FACT; It's not his album. It is I'd guess 1/3 his

That's a very good point. Since touring and recording with ZEP is such an albatros around his neck and since his latest solo projects were going down the tubes, I bet Percy sure is glad that Allison allowed him to join her. He seems to have a hard time with success on his "own" these days.

Archived