Are cracks beginning to show

After just discussing this with someone, was wondering how long after the shelving of the -honeydrippers project did the plant/krauss/burnett project happen? I dont know how serious another honeydrippers album was, but after ahmet ertegun passed, apparently the plans for that record were stopped by plant.

Since seeing the show at the wamu theater in nyc, dont see this project going on and on, maybe another record after the tour...or maybe another project in a few yrs?

Robert had plans to work with Alison before the idea of the second Honeydrippers album became serious. He has wanted to work with her for a long time.

It is absolutely true that Plant didn't want to continue with The Honeydrippers (recording) project after Ahmet died. He was a huge impetus in the whole thing.

Robert had plans to work with Alison before the idea of the second Honeydrippers album became serious. He has wanted to work with her for a long time.

It is absolutely true that Plant didn't want to continue with The Honeydrippers (recording) project after Ahmet died. He was a huge impetus in the whole thing.

Really. I guess the -raising sand project was put into gear quicker then. Thanks for the response.

I hope he gets together with Dolly Parton next...that will really piss

some people off, hehe.

And Dolly Parton was practically begging for a chance to sing with

Robert and Alison in a recent interview I read...she even did a

bluegrass "Stairway" on her "Halos and Horns".

C'mon, Robert, do it...Percy and Parton, together at last. And

talk about your "golden breast"!

I hope he gets together with Dolly Parton next...that will really piss

some people off, hehe.

And Dolly Parton was practically begging for a chance to sing with

Robert and Alison in a recent interview I read...she even did a

bluegrass "Stairway" on her "Halos and Horns".

C'mon, Robert, do it...Percy and Parton, together at last. And

talk about your "golden breast"!

Maybe Dolly and Alison can sing back-up for the Led Zeppelin reunion shows next summer.

Before I get blasted.....just kidding.

Maybe Dolly and Alison can sing back-up for the Led Zeppelin reunion shows next summer.

Before I get blasted.....just kidding.

alison krauss on -battle of evermore would be great! know that for a fact.

Yes, when I saw her and Robert 6/4 , she put so much vitality into it and truly gave those back up vocals justice. He voice live is a million times stronger than what's heard on the record to me. :)

She does sound great on BOE. Nothing will compare to the original, but their duet sounds amazing live.

Krauss often sang with her hands behind her back, looking reverent or polite, maybe even a bit uncomfortable. As for their unlikely pairing, she and Plant mostly kept their distance, not even making much eye contact. And when they did, it looked more like midteen awkwardness than the flighty and flirty photos on the album sleeve.

Part of report on Reuters uk site. Anyone else read the report?

She may have a fine voice and play a mean fiddle, but she needs to take some acid and loosen up!

On stage she makes a nun look like Anais Nin.

Indi

Because at both the LA Greek Theatre shows I saw thrilled and satisfied fans of

both Alison and Robert giving standing ovation after standing ovation during and

at the conclusion of the concerts.

You were there??? How did we miss that meet up? We had an awesome after jam. Wish you could've been there! Hell, I've had "Going to Robert and Alison on the 24th. Wanna meet up for a beer?" as my sig for months! A damn shame we missed you there my friend! :beer:

I can't believe this pettiness is still going on!

My last word on the subject is; I think I've seen every Plant tour since LZ split, up to Strange Sensation (who I just wasn't motivated to see) and The Plant Krauss show is the best by some distance.

You were there??? How did we miss that meet up? We had an awesome after jam. Wish you could've been there! Hell, I've had "Going to Robert and Alison on the 24th. Wanna meet up for a beer?" as my sig for months! A damn shame we missed you there my friend! :beer:

Yeah, Evster, it's a damn shame we missed each other...but as to how it happened, this

might give an inkling why:

The first night, my friend that I was going with had to work that day and we didn't make the show until the middle of Sharon Little's set...we took our seats in the front row and as it was during the set, we didn't look around for other people and just focused on the show.

Then, during the break, we went to get more drinks, hit the merch stand, where I picked

up the $40 Tour book(it is an actual book, not a cheap, paperback program) and the $10

Plant & Krauss record tote bag and the $20 Lithograph tour poster.

Saw Pamela des Barres and had a few words, exchanged pleasantries...then bumped into

some friends that my friend knew...before you know it, it was close to Robert and Alison

show time, so my plan of going around the venue shouting out names of Zep board

posters I knew (Evster, AllisonAdler, etc.) had to be aborted, as I didn't want to miss a

second of the show.

After the show, we were just kind of in a rush to get out of the vortex of Greek traffic.

As for the second night's show...more disaster. Again, I had pit tix, and was going with

a friend who was bringing her sister along. Well, it turns out her sister lost her ticket, so

I gave her my ticket so they both could see the show together, and I told them I would try

to find another ticket from a scalper or somebody.

As it was already around 8:45 or so when we got to the Greek, they didn't have much

time so I sent them on in, and started looking around for tickets, preferably in the pit

area.

Well, I didn't find any pit tix, but I managed to score a section A, 6th row for $50 about

the time they were just starting "Black Dog" I think.

So again, I didn't have any time to scout around for Zep board members...was mostly

consumed with the show and checking in with my date and her sister from time to time.

Hey, Evster...are you going to the Radiohead shows August 22-23 at the Bowl or the Black

Crowes at the Greek September 17? Maybe then we can meet up for drinks.

"Are cracks beginning to show"

If body language can speak, read into what you see. Is the electric magic already over on this tour?

Have my fingers crossed that once this tour ends they shake hands and wish each other all the best and move on to something else. The sooner the better imo. None of us are getting any younger. As far as I see it, once this tour is done, Plant will be 60 years old, and he'll need to decide once and for all, if it's going to happen or not. I think it would be a shame if he ended his career with this project being his coda. He has way more better in him than this.

If Page called upon Plant in the early years. It would be a nice classy gesture for Plant to call upon Page (and company) in the final years.

I read on another link/topic similar to this that bluegrass fans of Alison think shes collaborating with Satan .Maybe the golden god has to high tail it back to jimmy before it turns ugly.Could you imagine THE STRANGE SENSATION trying to do bluegrass /country songs ?It would be the laughing stock of Roberts solo career. :P

I LOVE Raising Sand and hope Robert and Alison keep making albums together.

Sorry but I think he got it right. Led Zeppelin for a special event - fine, beyond that no thanks. They were from another time, another place.

This might be heresy but I think groups like the Rolling Stones prancing around at 70 years old singing "I can't get no satisfaction" look silly.

I LOVE Raising Sand and hope Robert and Alison keep making albums together.

Sorry but I think he got it right. Led Zeppelin for a special event - fine, beyond that no thanks. They were from another time, another place.

This might be heresy but I think groups like the Rolling Stones prancing around at 70 years old singing "I can't get no satisfaction" look silly.

The Golden God is playing a few thousand seat venues on this tour. Bloody hell, even 'The Wiggles' are getting a bigger turn out! http://www.nokiatheatredfw.com/events.php

Enough already. In my opinion this is somewhat degrading. Plant is the best vocalist of all times. Many think he has much better in him than this last side project.

Re: Led Zeppelin being from "from another time". The beauty of Zeppelin music is that it is timeless and will always stand the test of time!! Thats the magic of Zeppelin's music. Not many bands have the musical power and presence of the mighty Zeppelin.

Consider how many people have enjoyed the Rolling Stones or even The Who concerts over the past 10 to 20 years. Agree doubt many want to see +70 year olds prancing around stage. Page, Plant, Jones, and Jason are not getting any younger, yet the clock ticks everyday.

I hope once this tour ends Plant has a tea with Page, Jones and Jason. Electric magic was in the air the O2 show, and I'm sure this magic can be carried forward for the rest of the world to enjoy and experience.

The Golden God is playing a few thousand seat venues on this tour. Bloody hell, even 'The Wiggles' are getting a bigger turn out! http://www.nokiatheatredfw.com/events.php

Enough already. In my opinion this is somewhat degrading. Plant is the best vocalist of all times. Many think he has much better in him than this last side project.

Re: Led Zeppelin being from "from another time". The beauty of Zeppelin music is that it is timeless and will always stand the test of time!! Thats the magic of Zeppelin's music. Not many bands have the musical power and presence of the mighty Zeppelin.

Consider how many people have enjoyed the Rolling Stones or even The Who concerts over the past 10 to 20 years. Agree doubt many want to see +70 year olds prancing around stage. Page, Plant, Jones, and Jason are not getting any younger, yet the clock ticks everyday.

I hope once this tour ends Plant has a tea with Page, Jones and Jason. Electric magic was in the air the O2 show, and I'm sure this magic can be carried forward for the rest of the world to enjoy and experience.

The Golden God has been playing in a few thousand seat theatres in the US as a solo artist since the Fate of Nations tour. At one point, he was reduced to an opening act for the Who and Lenny Kravitz. He also played pubs with Priory of Brion. Plant/Krauss are averaging 5K per night on this tour, which is were they were booked; midsized arenas. Get over it.

And anyone who has been enjoying the past cash grabs by the Who and Stones has shit in their ears. Horrid, greedy old fucks. I hope Robert doesn't join the club.

Archived