UFO - Boogie For George

MHD

Having a mooch about YouTube tonight, and came across this promo vid for Boogie For George...

and at about 2:27 Phil Mogg comes in with the "Call me the Hunter, that's how I got my fame

Ain't no need to hide, Ain't no need to run, 'cause I've got you in the sights of my gun" lyrics from HMMT. Has Phil been doing a bit of "lifting" of are these traditional blues lyrics, as I know that HMMT is credited to Jimmy, Robert & Bonzo but based on How Many More Years by Howlin' Wolf.

This quote is according to the Wikipedia article about the song, which cites Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused: The Stories Behind Every Song by Chris Welch for this section:

It has also been reported that the "Rosie" and "Hunter" components of the song came spontaneously to the group on the night of the recording session.

I don't know if that source is credible, but if it is, sounds like Phil's got a little Led in his head. :)

I don't think he picked it from LZ, but rather from The Hunter by Albert King.

They call me the hunter, that's my name

A pretty woman like you, is my only game

I bought me a love gun, just the other day

And I aim to aim it your way

Ain't no use to hide, ain't no use to run

'Cause I've got you in the sights of my love gun

^ Free also did a version of The Hunter in 1968 on the album Tons of Sobs!

Aye! When my clouded brain came back into focus, it was a Doh! moment...of course Free did a version!! *says MissHD who likes Free* :rolleyes:

At the time of posting, I just had HMMT in my head

Thanks for eveyone's input anyhoo :D

• 2 months later...

Archived