PLant/Krauss Tickets - Why are so many still available?

June 30 in San Diego sold out quickly. It's at a small venue though, seating 1360. I got a pair of tix.

Many of the shows sold out or are near capacity. There's no denying the success of this project between album sales, the tour, reviews, awards and nominations etc. I think this thread is another way to somehow find fault with what Robert is doing because it's not touring with Zep.

Mr. Plant does feel like he's being innovative, new, fresh, etc....so kudos to him. But I think he covered the whole "country music" exploration far better on Zeppelin III.

I haven't seen or read that particular quote from Plant but I feel Raising Sand is a very innovative work not just for him but for Alison Krauss and music in general. In fact, I put it up there with Emmylou Harris' Wrecking Ball (definitely not a "country" record) for breaking new ground. I'd say there's much more at work on Raising Sand than country, it's forging an entirely new sound that has little in common with anything Plant and Krauss have ever done before. As for Zep III being "country", I can't say I hear it. I'd sooner liken the acoustic cuts on that album to folk than country.

It takes two to troll, scs or binarydeath or whatever...

I see you more as a patient vulture. You're entitled to your opinion. Just wish you weren't taking up such a disproportional amount of screen real estate.

My question is: if this album and tour are so amazing, why is it so easy to get tickets in these small arenas? Everytime I check ticketmaster.com there are seats available for nearly all their shows.

Quality is no longer the main factor that sells albums and tickets.

Maybe it's so easy because it is not supposed to be a huge tour, but rather two people enjoying singing together for those who want to listen. One shouldn't mess quality with quantity.

It's really very simple, so many have waited, supported Plants solo career,...........waited, supported Plants solo career, over and over again. Well it's no longer "Ten Years Gone", it's 28 years gone. This is now a unique time: Page is in shape, JPJ is no longer upset, and Jason is ready to go. Why Plant can't come out and say that after the Allison project is over, he is going to do something "Zeppelin" for his legions of fans and band mates I will never know. But I do know why, because he only thinks of himself. He proves this over and over again. Many are tired of his bait and switch tactics. Now anyone around here that feels like I do (and there are many, they just do not say, but they PM me their support) gets labeled a TROLL, IDIOT, etc. That's fine, I do find blind loyality amusing and funny. :D:D

In large part I do agree with you. Time for Robert to pay back all the love and attention we've heaped on him over the years (this Is my opinion, I know a large number of you couldn't critise RP if he ran over your mother while DUI).

But, it's no reason to bash The RP/AK tour. I was lucky enough to see it in Birmingham England and it's one of the best live experiences I've had in years. Impecably sung and played by an excellent group of musicians.

I'm still pretty confident that once the dust has settled we'll all get what we are so desperate for. Led Zep have always run in much slower time than we'd all like.

In large part I do agree with you. Time for Robert to pay back all the love and attention we've heaped on him over the years (this Is my opinion, I know a large number of you couldn't critise RP if he ran over your mother while DUI).

he did run my mother over but I still go to see him :blink::D

Be careful what you say, weigh every word when talking about the all mighty Percy around here. If not.................BAD KARMA will be sent your way. Oh my gosh, there are even those that will put voodo on you so that if Percy does "Think that it is best for HIM" and decides to hook back up with ZEP will hope that you can't go to the gig. The Percy apologist's are down right hillarious :D:D

I guess the worst part of Allison/Percy to me is how Percy has to dig into his bag of Zep tunes for the show. It's one thing to pull them out of the bag..................another to ruin them.

Be careful what you say, weigh every word when talking about the all mighty Percy around here. If not.................BAD KARMA will be sent your way. Oh my gosh, there are even those that will put voodo on you so that if Percy does "Think that it is best for HIM" and decides to hook back up with ZEP will hope that you can't go to the gig. The Percy apologist's are down right hillarious :D:D

I guess the worst part of Allison/Percy to me is how Percy has to dig into his bag of Zep tunes for the show. It's one thing to pull them out of the bag..................another to ruin them.

Well if it isnt the duracell bunny still going on and on and on and on and on and on and on.......................

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::coffee::coffee::burp::watchingyou:

I'm curious....................just what Zep tune that Allison/Plant "Remake" is the favorite for those that like the new "Raising Sand" tour?? It is amazing how plant is so tempermental about playing with LED ZEPPELIN, but will be the first to fall back on the ZEP songs when needed.

"That may be one reason why fans so eagerly anticipated Robert Plant, Alison Krauss and T Bone Burnett bringing their Raising Sand folk/ bluegrass revue to Red Rocks.

Red Rocks seems like a great place to see a show. I saw a brief YouTube clip of the show and you got a good view of the amphitheater. It looked really nice.

I'm curious....................just what Zep tune that Allison/Plant "Remake" is the favorite for those that like the new "Raising Sand" tour?? It is amazing how plant is so tempermental about playing with LED ZEPPELIN, but will be the first to fall back on the ZEP songs when needed.

I think your point about him apparently not wanting to play LZ songs with LZ but is quite prepared to sing them in his own concerts is valid. But, I actually enjoyed the Zep songs they did the least of the whole concert. Black Dog is a balls out rock song - it aint a banjo shuffle.

Why shouldn't he sing Zep songs in concert. He co-wrote them and are part of his career. He also sings In the Mood. Should he not do that because it wasn't done with this current band? Is it bad JP or JPJ would do Zep songs without Robert in concert? Not in my mind.

Red Rocks seems like a great place to see a show. I saw a brief YouTube clip of the show and you got a good view of the amphitheater. It looked really nice.

It is. Not sure if you're a U2 fan or not but if you are be sure to check out Under A Blood Red Sky which was filmed at Red Rocks during their early days.

bono1.jpg

I'm curious how it makes someone a "Plant apologist" if they say he's only fulfilling his obligation to tour with Alison because of a commitment that was made prior to the 02 gig? I have no problem being critical of Zeppelin, Plant or any of the other surviving members but this isn't a critical standpoint, it's explaining to those that don't seem to understand that he's not holding up anything. There's not even any plans for a Led Zeppelin tour. The concert at the 02 was all that was promised and they delivered on that. As I've said several times before, Page, Jones and Jason could also be in the same position as Plant in regards to be obligated to previous commitments, it just so happens to be Plant. If some sort of Zeppelin reunion tour is meant to happen it will occur in due time.

It would be unrealistic to think that Plant/Krauss could sell tickets as quickly as a LZ reunion. Led Zeppelin is an iconic band of lasting cultural importance, whereas this is more of a niche project. They sold out Red Rocks, but it took them a while. I know because I had a few weeks to dither about whether or not I should buy tickets before I realized I couldn't go anyhow. (I like Raising Sand and Robert Plant gives me butterflies but I thought an entire evening of it might be, er, a little much of that style of music.) In contrast, the Van Halen reunion show here sold out almost immediately.

It doesn't mean the music itself is of poor quality; it just means it doesn't appeal to catholic tastes. Al Di Meola, for example, probably wouldn't sell out everywhere.

I don't think I owe "support" to the former members of LZ if "support" means buying their albums. If they put out an album I like I buy it, if they put out an album I don't like I don't buy it. I don't own a single Plant solo album. I like the Honeydrippers and I'll probably get JPJ's Thunderthief at some point. If by support we mean willingness to accept that they are all grown men with a right to make their own decisions then I support them. It would be wrong to feel proprietary about these men--they're strangers.

I also don't think they owe their fans a reunion. I'm happy RP is still finding new projects that excite him. He seems to want to keep LZ genuine and special. Leave the old man alone.

Van Halen, by the way, put on the best concert I've ever seen and I've seen some good concerts (Prince, James Brown). I wasn't a fan but my husband loves them and the first concert he ever went to as a kid was Van Halen. I couldn't believe how much ass they kicked!!!! I'm glad I saw them, however, if they hadn't toured what would the impact have been on my life? Not much. They gave me a few hours of pleasure and exhilaration. They gave me a happy memory. That's all. I feel the same way about Prince and I've adored him since childhood. I love LZ and would be thrilled to see them live but if it never happens c'est la vie. This is a band that broke up 28 years ago. I think we can all just stop waiting and be glad we have our LZ records!

By the way, Roxie, Red Rocks is an absolutely amazing place to see a show! I saw the Beastie Boys and Bjork there and both experiences were fantastic. The natural beauty of the amphitheater is staggering and you can see Denver shimmering in the distance. I thought that venue wouldn't work well for a cozy little project such as Raising Sand but apparently I was wrong and it worked very well.

I'm curious how it makes someone a "Plant apologist" if they say he's only fulfilling his obligation to tour with Alison because of a commitment that was made prior to the 02 gig? I have no problem being critical of Zeppelin, Plant or any of the other surviving members but this isn't a critical standpoint, it's explaining to those that don't seem to understand that he's not holding up anything. There's not even any plans for a Led Zeppelin tour. The concert at the 02 was all that was promised and they delivered on that. As I've said several times before, Page, Jones and Jason could also be in the same position as Plant in regards to be obligated to previous commitments, it just so happens to be Plant. If some sort of Zeppelin reunion tour is meant to happen it will occur in due time.

It doesn't but scs is hellbent on the Plant is selfish and he owes us mantra and takes every opportunity to state this and those that disagree with him are Plant Apologists. It's ridiculous but I guess it gives him a rise to post the same thing 180 something times.

I actually enjoyed the Zep songs they did the least of the whole concert

I can sure understand why after hearing them on youtube.

And he does have every right in the world to play Zep tunes, I just find it ironic how he likes to play them with everyone but the band memebers that made those songs famous.

I rarely post but I check the forums often. I can't get over the flack that Plant is getting for doing what he wants to do. Plant doesn't owe anyone anything. Neither does JP or JPJ. Just because I have been a fan for nearly 30 years and purchased all of their studio albums on vinyl and cd doesn't mean they owe me anything. I've never seen them live and doubt I ever will, oh well! That's life, grow up and get over it.

At 43 I would be highly offended if people were demanding that I go back and work with the people I worked with 20 years ago, just because in their opinion that is when I did my best work. When I'm 60, damn straight I am thinking about myself and what I want to do with my life. Basically I care about what my family and friends think, and I do what makes me happy. Why should Plant be any different?

I can only think that these whiners are either kids who still think that they should get whatever they want in life, or totally messed-up individuals who believe they have been screwed over by life and this is just one more example of an injustice heaped upon them. Just be happy with what you have. I mean I would love to see Led Zep as much as anyone. If it happens great, if it doesn't well I have a whole lotta life to live and I'll be enjoying every minute of and listening to Zep along the way!

And he does have every right in the world to play Zep tunes, I just find it ironic how he likes to play them with everyone but the band memebers that made those songs famous.

And Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham have never played any Zeppelin songs outside of Led Zeppelin?

Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck & Eric Clapton "Stairway to Heaven" (ARMs Concert)

Jimmy Page & the Black Crowes "Ten Years Gone"

The Duhks with John Paul Jones "Whole Lotta Love" (MerleFest)

51BDHFD99FL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Jason Bonham Band In the Name of My Father: The ZepSet

Those are just a few examples of Led Zeppelin members besides Plant performing Zep tunes with other people. There are many, many more.

And Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham have never played any Zeppelin songs outside of Led Zeppelin?

The difference is that unlike Percy, they did not feel that they had to butcher them.

What do you call it????????

a cover....

but then, i've actually seen the concert. you haven't-have you?

come on-have you SEEN this show live YOURSELF? yes or no?

if the answer is no, your opinion has the same value as thown out fish: NOT VALID.

sorry to be the one to break it to ya....

Archived