PLant/Krauss Tickets - Why are so many still available?

As for why there were still tickets available for a "sold out" show perhaps it was a similar situation to what happened at this this recent R.E.M. concert in Jones Beach.

This sounds like.........another........Jason drum roll please.........Plant APOLOGY :D

This sounds like.........another........Jason drum roll please.........Plant APOLOGY :D

so, robert sells less tickets than.....page? foriegner? john paul jones?

it must be the new math, rick...

the marquee outside did say sold out even though they had many available at the box office. It really made me wonder.

I was also at Mohegan Sun and it was not even close to a sellout. There were literally hundreds of empty seats, possibly even a thousand and the box office had many available.

I remember going to see the Firm. Now they were playing at some larger arenas (12 to 150000). They sold about a third of the tickets, just like Plant now. I remember thinking that it was kind'a sad.

Before trotting out your same mantra I suggest actually reading the article at the link I posted. It doesn't have anything to do with poor ticket sales but does help explain why there may have been tickets available to a concert that was considered sold out. Then again, you're not one to deal in logic.

I remember going to see the Firm. Now they were playing at some larger arenas (12 to 150000). They sold about a third of the tickets, just like Plant now. I remember thinking that it was kind'a sad.

well, rick....it is sad. led zeppelin broke up 28 years ago. i cried the day bonzo died. i had tickets to see the zeppelin in chicago at the old stadium. things just can't be what they once were-especially now. why force someone into recreating something that doesn't exist anymore?

a reunion is one thing and you're right-they are glorious. isn't remaking the music business and leaving one of the greatest recorded canons in modern music behind enough? do they need to walk on the water again? do they have to divide the loaves and the fishes again because a whole pile of dummies missed it the first time or didn't believe it when they saw it?

maybe, if you quit twisting your wish so hard, you might just realize a portion of it. or maybe not. but you'll be much wiser and definitely easier to be around.

good luck!

(beatbo nods to john lennon in heaven, because it was he that taught him this lesson)

Just for you...............I read it. That has been going on for as long as there have been tickets sold at other places (Such as Ticketmaster, etc.) then the venue itself. I bring the Firm up, again. I remember not being able to get good seats, then going to the shows and seeing hundreds of great seats empty. Believe me though, when it is a hot ticket (kind of like Plant, Page, JPJ, and Jason would be) it all takes care of itself. It may not be fair how it all works, but the BIG ACTS are sold out.

That has been going on for as long as there have been tickets sold at other places (Such as Ticketmaster, etc.) then the venue itself

What part of that do you not agree with????

What part of that do you not agree with????

Since you quoted yourself I'm not sure if you're having a conversation with yourself or if the comment is directed at me. If it's the latter, I didn't say I disagreed with you. I suggested you should actually read the article before calling everyone that doesn't share your opinion of Plant and Krauss a "Plant Apologist" again.

Since you quoted yourself I'm not sure if you're having a conversation with yourself or if the comment is directed at me.

Like you already know, I was asking you. I guess Krauss/Plant are about as popular as REM. Now that's sad.

Like you already know, I was asking you. I guess Krauss/Plant are about as popular as REM. Now that's sad.

are you kidding? that's great! since ticket sales are your measure of popularity, i can go see plant/krauss(again) and r.e.m. (an awesome band that i first saw touring 'lifes rich pageant) without worry about bumping into you! no way would YOU go see a show unless it's POPULAR!

rick-you're a reverse barometer for what's cool!

It's just that the Led Zeppelin audience is so voracious that it probably seems somewhat overwhelming at this point. You can't entirely recreate those moments from the past. Maybe the band could get together once a year to celebrate scs's birthday.

You quoted yourself you fucking dumbass, that's why I asked. And, when you finally get around to pulling your head out of your ass it'll dawn on you that Plant/Krauss and R.E.M. have both been selling out shows on their current tours. R.E.M. is about to head overseas to continue their tour where several of the dates are already sold out.

Someone ban this piece of shit troll already. Yeah, I called you a troll and a piece of shit. If the shoe fits...

Jahfin, just who are you trying to impress around here anyway..................maybe Percy himself will see how you have his back and ask you to the next LZ show in about another 28 years. We can all go on walkers.

are you kidding? that's great! since ticket sales are your measure of popularity, i can go see plant/krauss(again) and r.e.m. (an awesome band that i first saw touring 'lifes rich pageant) without worry about bumping into you! no way would YOU go see a show unless it's POPULAR!

rick-you're a reverse barometer for what's cool!

Even though I was as fan as far back as Murmur I didn't see R.E.M. live until the Pagentry tour in '86 when they played Duke University with Mitch Easter's band Let's Active. It was also very cool when I saw Plant on the Now and Zen tour and he used Life's Rich Pagent as the house music before he and the band hit the stage. I've seen two shows (Raleigh and Atlanta) so far on R.E.M.'s current tour for Accelerate and they've been my favorite shows of the year so far. Can't wait to see Plant and Alison in Raleigh on the 11th.

Even though I was as fan as far back as Murmur I didn't see R.E.M. live until the Pagentry tour in '86 when they played Duke University with Mitch Easter's band Let's Active. It was also very cool when I saw Plant on the Now and Zen tour and he used Life's Rich Pagent as the house music before he and the band hit the stage. I've seen two shows (Raleigh and Atlanta) so far on R.E.M.'s current tour for Accelerate and they've been my favorite shows of the year so far. Can't wait to see Plant and Alison in Raleigh on the 11th.

my favorite tour. saw them in the now-bulldozed keil opera house in st.louis. excellent venue for that time in their career. i haven't seen them yet this tour but will probably see them at the voodoo fest in october.

lets active-awesome! big plans...

You quoted yourself you fucking dumbass, that's why I asked. And, when you finally get around to pulling your head out of your ass it'll dawn on you that Plant/Krauss and R.E.M. have both been selling out shows on their current tours. R.E.M. is about to head overseas to continue their tour where several of the dates are already sold out.

Someone ban this piece of shit troll already. Yeah, I called you a troll and a piece of shit. If the shoe fits...

If only we were so lucky....Not many like "it" are allowed to stay after nothing but bash after bash after bash. :wacko:

my favorite tour. saw them in the now-bulldozed keil opera house in st.louis. excellent venue for that time in their career. i haven't seen them yet this tour but will probably see them at the voodoo fest in october.

lets active-awesome! big plans...

That remains my favorite show. I do hope you get to see them on this tour as they're playing with a passion and fire I haven't seen since the 80s. I like the last few albums leading up to Accelerate but Buck had had enough of taking forever to record Around the Sun and put his foot down. As a longtime fan I admit to being at an impasse myself and am tickled to death to see they finally got their shit together. The setlists have been out of this world so far too, including some songs like Ignoreland that have never been played live before. Otherwise the sets have been different every night of the tour with some very deep album cuts such as HarborCoat, 1,000,000, Feeling Gravitys Pull, Pretty Persuasion and others.

Cool to see another Mitch Easter fan here. Unfortunately I haven't seen him live since Let's Active opened for R.E.M. that night back in 1986 (which just so happened to be Mitch's birthday, for which R.E.M. joined Let's Active on stage for Hush). I finally saw Mitch again a few years ago when he played the pop music festival SparkleFest in Raleigh and again a few weeks ago when he and Don Dixon got on stage in Raleigh to sit in on Sitting Still.

cms_image_13854.jpg

Peter Buck, Mike Mills, Mitch Easter and Don Dixon on stage in Raleigh

My original post for this thread was perhaps poorly worded. I don't mean any disrespect for this new collaboration, but I wanted to point out the fact that their fan base seems to be limited (regardless of situation with gas prices or other similar economic indicators).

I don't think anything will stop 16 or 60 year old fans from hearing their favorite band (my justification for that statement being seeing sold-out U2 concerts over the last 20 years with a pretty diverse fan base).

Plant/Krauss are creating music that satisfies a relatively small niche of fans out there, and this is a truth that should be considered.

I haven't seen a show, and I don't have their album, so I admit I don't have the right to judge the quality of their live shows. But the market has spoken - and with a fair amount of publicity, I was surprised that they don't seem to appeal to a very wide fan base.

After seeing how passionate some folks on this forum are about this Plant/Krauss partnership, I will make the effort to see them.

And don't we all want to hear constructive feedback, not personal attacks?! Chill out, everyone, at the end of the day, we'll all be at the same pre-concert party celebrating together at the upcoming Zeppelin tour :)

You should check out the album & the tour. It's a bunch of great (if fairly obscure) songs played and sung passionately by a bunch of exceptionaly talented musicians. Which is pretty well all I ask for.

I can't understand how anybody can expose themselves to the remarkable LZ body of work and come out so narrow minded when it comes to music. Even at their rockiest they have more wit and wisdom than all of the Heavy Metal bands they spawned. people calling them a HM band is the thing that anoys me the most.

There's elements of English Folk, West Coast Rock, James Brown Funk, Reggae, Progressive Rock, World Music, Hard Funk, Hard Rock, Country, Rockabilly, Blueseer what have I missed out?

They were a 'jumping off point' for me that has led to a lifetime of musical exploration. Whether it's Little Feat, who I read were one of Jimmy's favourite bands (and are now one of mine) or Fairport Convention following their Knebworth performance and the obvious Sanny Denny connection. I hardly ever listen to the Heavy Rock of my youth (perhaps because everybody sounds so inconsequential when compared to the might LZ) because I'm exploring more obscure and exotic genres. Bit like Robert really, although I revisit LZ a lot more frequently that he does! :lol::lol::lol:

Archived