JP & JPJ on 95.5-KLOS

~Sang Q~

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but Jimmy Page & John Paul Jones are supposed to be featured on:

"Off the Record" with Joe Benson

June 29th, Sunday: 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM

95.5-KLOS, Los Angeles

Hope that somebody can capture it :D as I don't have the capabilities. :(

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but Jimmy Page & John Paul Jones are supposed to be featured on:

"Off the Record" with Joe Benson

June 29th, Sunday: 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM

95.5-KLOS, Los Angeles

Hope that somebody can capture it :D as I don't have the capabilities. :(

but in the radio site they say

Sunday June 29th, "Off The Record with Joe Benson" will feature the music of Led Zeppelin as well as conversation with Jimmy Page and Robert Plant(?!!!)

I heard Joe Benson announce it during his show a coupla days ago, that it was Page & Jones; that they will reminisce about their first rehearsal (or something like that) among other things. Maybe the website is a mistake (or not, I dunno). :unsure:

It would make more sense if it were Page & Jones at this point. Unless the interview was from 1998! Did anybody listen to it?

Robert Plant will play in San Diego on the 30th, so although a vintage interview is more likely, Plant is physically present in California. Listing says PM, so I'll be listening to this around midnight St Louis time, here in the States.

You Shook Me is playing now and one of the members of Led Zeppelin is speaking. Robert Plant is talking about the first tour and how he was "absolutely stunned". He is commenting on the airport at Los Angeles. One of the guys is discussing how the press hated the band in the beginning.

Live Nation is the sponsor. "Coming up, Jimmy Page takes us to the Bron y Aur cottage," per Joe Benson. Hey Hey What Can I Do is playing, followed by Tangerine and Stairway to Heaven with comments from all three, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant. They talk about they developed Stairway at Headley Grange. Robert discusses how he admires Stairway musically but does not relate as strongly to the lyrics anymore. Dancing Days is playing now, followed by Fool In The Rain.

Robert is talking about John Bonham and how he misses his humor. Ramble On is playing.

Click here to listen live.

Off The Record Schedule with Uncle Joe Benson

Here's a Partial Listing

of Stations that Air

OFF THE RECORD with Joe Benson

** contact your station to confirm air times **

Listening to it now. Basic documentary with bits from the boys. They're not together in a room. More like a radio version of VH1 Legends.

Yeah, and it's stories we've heard a few times before. Sounds perhaps not terribly recent. Sounds like Jimmy has a bit of cold, too.

I don't listen to radio much anymore..and generally don't listen to KLOS

at all, unless I happen to remember to catch Jim Ladd's show at night

if I am home...his wednesday night show "Headsets" can feature some

weird amazing shit that you usually won't hear on radio, especially "classic

rock" radio.

Plus, this past Sunday I was at the American Cinematheque for the U.S. premiere

of the documentary on Arthur Lee and Love, "Love Story", which I wasn't

missing for any old radio interview.

So I missed this one, but from what some of you have said, I didn't miss anything

new...which I figured was the case anyway, just more rehashed stuff.

Archived