• Houses of the Holy
    • Zoso
    • The Song Remains The Same
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through The Out Door
    • Coda
    • Mothership

I think Slash said it best "My favorite Zeppelin album is simply the last one I listened to."

I tend to agree with him. Each album is a classic in its own right and its so difficult to pick 1.

If I had to pick 1 though it would be Houses of the Holy because i just love their interpetations of the musical genre's they picked for that album. i.e rockabilly, reggae, progressive rock, funk and plus it has 1 of my favorite all time songs "The Rain Song'.

• 3 weeks later...

It's really impossible to choose ONE favorite Zeppelin album.

Personally, I enjoy listening to them all, but a few stick out as "better than the rest."

1. Led Zeppelin - great covers, and insane originals. Can't say anything bad about it. [FAVORITE SONG: Good Times Bad Times]

2. Led Zeppelin II - truly brilliant, not a single bad song on there. [FAVORITE SONG: Moby Dick]

3. Led Zeppelin IV - my first LZ album to own. A masterpiece. [FAVORITE SONG: When the Levee Breaks]

4. In Through the Out Door - one of the most underrated Zeppelin albums, but each song is an instant classic. [FAVORITE SONG: Can't choose. All of them are equally awesome.]

• 1 month later...

i picked PG, but i really do love them all.

IV would probably come equal to PG for me.

for artwork, i don't see how you could choose between PG, IV and ITTOD.

the idea of cutting out the windows and putting in all those pics on PG........

the magical "hermit" painting and mysterious cover of IV ........

and what a bloody brilliant marketing idea ITTOD was ...... ( how many copies did you buy? ) ;)

It's not easy choosing favorites for Led Zeppelin. There whole catalogue is pretty damn consistant. I went with Houses of the Holy though, all of the songs on there are gold I love it. It's also one of the only albums without any cover songs on it either which makes it some what unique. And the cover is based off of the awesome sci fi book Childhoods End. And it features my song No Quarter, and it's just perfect!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I like the LZ #3 album , because it was the first album i ever bought

(in 1971) and that one gave me THE Zep "virus" since.

So after that one i bought 1 and 2 and later the following albums

including "the BBC sessions","Economium"(a tribute to LZ) ,"the Mothership" and even

the album "raising sand" (Robert Plant & Allison Krauss).

And lately i purchased this.................................

Foto-8HSNV8XG.jpg

And now waiting for my (deluxe) pre-order of Celebration day ! can`t wait.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LZ IV was the apex of the bands career (and there's actually a book out there on the subject)...

So FM radio cliche-ish you sound.

Physical Graffiti is Led Zeppelin's ultimate piece of work!

Houses Of The Holy is better than Led Zeppelin's untitled 4th album as well. BTW, are you a Led Zeppelin fan? If you were, you'd never refer to Led Zeppelin's 4th album as "Led Zeppelin IV" - call it what it actually is.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived