Drum Practice Pad

ZepFloyd

So I am looking into learning drums...I figured a good way to begin is to get a practice pad because they're pretty inexpensive and dont make much noise. I was looking at this pad http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rem...tand?sku=442714 but was wondering what size is best? 8 in or 10 in...8 in is pricier...why exactly is that? also does this seem like a good p-pad to get? any help is appreciated

So I am looking into learning drums...I figured a good way to begin is to get a practice pad because they're pretty inexpensive and dont make much noise. I was looking at this pad http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rem...tand?sku=442714 but was wondering what size is best? 8 in or 10 in...8 in is pricier...why exactly is that? also does this seem like a good p-pad to get? any help is appreciated

Remo is the standard when it comes to practice pads, and with good reason....the feel of their pads are closest to the feel of a real drum. Your playing on the same head material as a real drum, and certain models even have a rim on them for practicing rimshots.

I'm not sure why the 8" would cost more, other than a possible lesser demand? I would get the 10" anyway....when you're starting out the, first thing you work on is stick technique and control....two things that are less frustrating when you have the additional head space.

If you have a Guitar Center close by you might consider picking up a pad and cheap cymbal stand there... might save a few dollars.

I got my first practice pad when I was 9. I used to sit for hours in my bedroom with that Remo on the mattress just doing paradiddles and ratamacues (sp?). Learning my rudiments helped me immensely as the guitar player I ended up being. And it doesn't hurt to be able to tell guys like Hickory Man "No, the cue's on the and-a, dumbass!" :lol:

I got my first practice pad when I was 9. I used to sit for hours in my bedroom with that Remo on the mattress just doing paradiddles and ratamacues (sp?). Learning my rudiments helped me immensely as the guitar player I ended up being. And it doesn't hurt to be able to tell guys like Hickory Man "No, the cue's on the and-a, dumbass!" :lol:

No doubt it helps guitar players tighten up the band when playing rythym parts.

As far as cues go, one of my guitar players routinely tells people that "He doesn't follow the click track, the click track follows him!" B)

You will learn one day Master Stringman....you will learn. :P

I loved playing on the e's and the a's.

One e and a two e and a :P

Bass drum line, many years ago. Still the most fun and challenging musical experience I've had.

I had a Remo pad, too. I used the biggest sticks, those tree trunks. Now I can't remember....it was 5 S, or S 5 or something. I had big forearms then :o from drumming. Never could get the traditional grip. Wish I hadn't given up.

Archived