question about other forums

zeplinger

Does anyone here go on one of those IMDb forums for movies, movie stars, etc.?? To register it seems you have to jump through hoops, and pay monthly by credit card, etc. It seems ridiculous to have to PAY to go on a forum there, when there are many other forums that are free.

Does anyone here go on one of those IMDb forums for movies, movie stars, etc.?? To register it seems you have to jump through hoops, and pay monthly by credit card, etc. It seems ridiculous to have to PAY to go on a forum there, when there are many other forums that are free.

IMDB Pro costs a monthly fee, but the regular forum is free.

I had the same problem as you a while back. I love that site! I can spend hours at a time on there. I am going to try and register again....see you there :D

For film-lovers and film-makers alike IMDB is a great free tool as a database. Most often when I get a job offer over the phone the conversation goes something like this 1. me asking for the name of the film and the producer/director/production manager/1st assistant director. 2. me IMDBing the names to see how legitimate these key people are and 3. accepting/rejecting based upon what I find.

The forums, on the other hand are useless as far as I can find, there is very little valuable discussion going on there (unlike this place!)

Thank you for your great responses, everybody!!

And Mangani, I originally got in through my Amazon.com account, but my email address showed up as my user name! How can I change it to an ID thing instead?

Hi,

Click on at the top right where it says your account. Then you will see 3 boxes with various info come up. The first one says 'Registration Details, the second one says 'Personalize' and the 3rd one says 'History'.

Go to the first box which says 'Registration Details' and on the 5th line down it says 'change your IMDB id'.

Click on that then change it to whatever you like. :D

Archived