Rumors in Nashville

I finally heard from one of my "Station Inn" buddies that is really into the local Bluegrass scene. (Station Inn is THE hangout in Nashville for the Bluegrass insiders). He has actually talked to some credible sources and the latest is that Alison will be reconvening Union Station after Christmas, that US members are being told to finish up other projects by Christmas. AKUS will commence touring early Spring 2009. Nobody is sure if Dan Tyminski will return to Union Station, but the other members are all on board. Robert Plant is not expected to replace Dan Tyminski and become a member of Union Station, it is assumed that he is returning to England. Keep in mind most of the Station Inn crowd does not care about the disposition of Robert (LOL).

This information is congruent with what a music row analyst/neighbor told me two weeks ago, that the Plant/Krauss project is on a defined timeline and will not extend into 2009. He also strongly advised me to save money and ignore what Page and Plant say to the media because in his opinion, it is a smokescreen to keep attention on the Krauss collaboration until it is finished. He tells me to believe only about 50% of what any artist says in any interview at any given time. We will see if his instincts are correct.

I finally heard from one of my "Station Inn" buddies that is really into the local Bluegrass scene. (Station Inn is THE hangout in Nashville for the Bluegrass insiders). He has actually talked to some credible sources and the latest is that Alison will be reconvening Union Station after Christmas, that US members are being told to finish up other projects by Christmas. AKUS will commence touring early Spring 2009. Nobody is sure if Dan Tyminski will return to Union Station, but the other members are all on board. Robert Plant is not expected to replace Dan Tyminski and become a member of Union Station, it is assumed that he is returning to England. Keep in mind most of the Station Inn crowd does not care about the disposition of Robert (LOL).

This information is congruent with what a music row analyst/neighbor told me two weeks ago, that the Plant/Krauss project is on a defined timeline and will not extend into 2009. He also strongly advised me to save money and ignore what Page and Plant say to the media because in his opinion, it is a smokescreen to keep attention on the Krauss collaboration until it is finished. He tells me to believe only about 50% of what any artist says in any interview at any given time. We will see if his instincts are correct.

GREAT NEWS!!!! Thank you for the GREAT NEWS!!

What "news"? The keyword to this thread is right there in the subject line: "Rumors". There's already been discussion of Plant and Krauss collaborating further which comes from an actual reliable source, T Bone Burnett himself.

What "news"? The keyword to this thread is right there in the subject line: "Rumors". There's already been discussion of Plant and Krauss collaborating further which comes from an actual reliable source, T Bone Burnett himself.

A lot of studio work can be accomplished in Nashville in three months. Yes, remember these are rumors, time will tell, but Alison has stated in interviews that she will resume work with Union Station after the Plant collaboration.

I expect Robert Plant is going to do what he wants to do regardless of Nashville.

You are 100% correct, Eternal Light. If I run into him I will tell him what an encyclopedia you have become on the subject of Southern music and culture. He can learn a lot from you.

I have bookmarked this thread for future reference. Put a fork in this "side project".

I have a gut feeling this "rumor" will materialize to fruition.

I have a gut feeling this "rumor" will materialize to fruition.

Yes Rayban, you are probably correct. And, when it does there will be plenty of "excuses" around here as to why it happened. :D

As anyone ever really thought that their collaberation is all they'll do in future? I haven't. I've always thought it likely that there'll be some LZ activity next year even before JP hinted at it at The Foos concert.

I also expect that down the line someday they'll be a Raising Sand II.

They're doing a second album. Bet on it.

You have a time frame for a second album?

You want to wager a case of your country's finest beer :D that we see Plant first do something with Page, Jones and Jason BEFORE we see him do another 'side project' with Krauss??

Cheers,

Not to mention that at the end of the LA Greek show on June 25 Robert told everyone "Come back and see us again" or words to that effect. Anyone else catch that?

I had though of Raising Sand as a one time project. Union Station is Allisons mothership as Led Zeppelin is Robert's. Allison, Robert and T Bone have uncovered a lot more treasure than Raising Sand with their collaboration. It wouldn't surprise me if their next album explores the roots of Rockabilly. Think roots based honeydrippers. It was the basis of their encore. This has always been one of Roberts loves.

And this is new information? Raising Sand was recorded in two weeks. This changes nothing about the follow-up album. It was known all along that this wasn't going to be the only project for either one of them.

This would coincide well from this NYC Conference that Robert & Alison did a few weeks ago. Especially when she said this:

Krauss concurred, "we're all having a wonderful time, and I hope and I think all three of us are hoping to continue this and that it go on and on." But she added that the duo's association shouldn't bring the curtain down on any of their other projects.

"That doesn't mean we've lost any love for who we've played for and play with," she said. "The guys in Union Station, that's like home. So I hope to continue this and go back home, too."

I think they're trying to make their own fans and the RS fans happy by this. I just hope they'll be able to do it all. But as long as Robert (and Jimmy and JPJ) are still making music or touring in some way - that's good enough for me.

Not to mention that at the end of the LA Greek show on June 25 Robert told everyone "Come back and see us again" or words to that effect. Anyone else catch that?

Yep, I did--he said they'd be back at the end of both Greek shows. Hope it'll be soon! I could do with a fall Wiltern show myself (good dancing venue!!).

Archived