Rumors in Nashville

Yes, but it was June 24.

spoken like a previous slave owner...

The slaves deserve recognition for their contribution to music. It's unconscionable for people like Jimmy Page and Robert Plant to profit from their music without recognizing where it came from. And it is just plain wrong to overlook the fact that slavery is part of the history that produced the blues and bluegrass, or that slavery existed in the United States, or that the world, including Britain, was unjustly enriched by it's historical consumption of cotton that was produced by forced labor.

The slaves deserve recognition for their contribution to music. It's unconscionable for people like Jimmy Page and Robert Plant to profit from their music without recognizing where it came from. And it is just plain wrong to overlook the fact that slavery is part of the history that produced the blues and bluegrass, or that slavery existed in the United States, or that the world, including Britain, was unjustly enriched by it's historical consumption of cotton that was produced by forced labor.

that's why we have you!

You have a time frame for a second album?

You want to wager a case of your country's finest beer :D that we see Plant first do something with Page, Jones and Jason BEFORE we see him do another 'side project' with Krauss??

Cheers,

Yep. B)

Yes, and I am sad to say that there still is slavery and genocide going on in other parts of the world right now.........................but seldom gets mentioned or makes the U.S. news.

You have a time frame for a second album?

You want to wager a case of your country's finest beer :D that we see Plant first do something with Page, Jones and Jason BEFORE we see him do another 'side project' with Krauss??

Cheers,

Wait, so what are we betting on here? That Robert will indeed do something with the boys before the new thing with Alison, or that he's going straight on to continue with AK?

I read it that I am betting on a second AK project to come next in his plans. And that I am.

B)

Hope they'll write some new things together this time around and that the three Js and SS guys get to work with Robert again soon as well.

And, here's to hoping that a certain JPP will bring out that solo project in the mean time...

Yeah, as I recall, they said they were already working on some things for round two.

But, IMHO, I would imagine Union Station is gonna want their mama back.

ANOTHER R&A tour??? :(

I for one hope NOT.

I feel bad for SS and Union Station. I heard they're "busy" but c'mon, I'm sure they don't want to be left behind forever.

Yep, I did--he said they'd be back at the end of both Greek shows. Hope it'll be soon! I could do with a fall Wiltern show myself (good dancing venue!!).

I'm with you Allison! I was at both nights at the Greek too, awesome experience. And I would love to see them go to the Wiltern. I saw the SS concert there and at the Greek and much preferred the Wiltern.

Yeah, as I recall, they said they were already working on some things for round two.

But, IMHO, I would imagine Union Station is gonna want their mama back.

ANOTHER R&A tour??? :(

I for one hope NOT.

I feel bad for SS and Union Station. I heard they're "busy" but c'mon, I'm sure they don't want to be left behind forever.

US and SS are all prosperous busy musicians in their own right. Clive Deamer is really enjoying getting back to jazz (he's an avid Art Blakey fan). I'm sure they don't feel left behind in the least.

I'm with you Allison! I was at both nights at the Greek too, awesome experience. And I would love to see them go to the Wiltern. I saw the SS concert there and at the Greek and much preferred the Wiltern.

Those SS shows at the Wiltern were fantastic. I was at the Greek one as well, but people were very shirty if you stood up even for a second--dunno how anyone was able to sit quietly through the MR tour!

Aww, but as much as I'm sure it'll be fun, one or two people might feel a little left (though not left behind) if there's a second R&A tour... -_-

Those SS shows at the Wiltern were fantastic. I was at the Greek one as well, but people were very shirty if you stood up even for a second--dunno how anyone was able to sit quietly through the MR tour!

Aww, but as much as I'm sure it'll be fun, one or two people might feel a little left (though not left behind) if there's a second R&A tour... -_-

I was rude and danced through the whole show at the Grreek. I made my husband stand in line early so we could get into the pit at the Wiltern!

Personally, I don't care what music he makes, I'd listen to him sing an evening of lullabies!

It would be appropriate for news of this kind to come out of Nashville. Don't Robert and Alison spend quite a bit of time there?

It's just a thought. :D

Let's all go see them at their final show of this tour, in where else? Nashville!

Road trip!

Come on down. Will be happy to provide hotel and dining information, etc. We love company here in the South!

I was rude and danced through the whole show at the Grreek. I made my husband stand in line early so we could get into the pit at the Wiltern!

Personally, I don't care what music he makes, I'd listen to him sing an evening of lullabies!

Good for you! I quail before scorn myself and should really be bolder. We managed to be in line early enough to get into the pit at the Wiltern on the first night and a dear soul from here saved me a spot so I could be there again on the next night--I had such a blast!

I'd listen to whatever Robert decided to sing, too--there's no one out there whose voice I love more, unless you count Jimmy's guitar. And there's the rub.

Considering they're playing at an arena that holds nearly 20,000 for a concert my thought is that there will be tickets available the day of the show. I may be wrong, but that's my projection.

So I'll most likely "come on down" and see about getting in then.

Direct me to some of that down-home country cooking would you? I hope there's some roadkill on the menu. Possum fritters possibly? :lol:

I can definitely set you up on the country cooking. No problem. I recommend Loveless Cafe, or if you can drive out to the suburbs, Dotson's or Monell's in Franklin. For those that do not like Country cooking, Nashville has many "sophisticated" dining choices as well. The resturants that you are most likely to spot a celebrity are the Palm, Cabana, Sunset Grill, and Midtown Cafe. The place RP has been spotted in more than once is a place out by LP stadium called "Battered and Fried", which serves traditional English Fish&Chips.

This concert is nowhere near selling out. (Springsteen tickets went on sale Saturday and I waited two hours and got really good lower arena seats.) I am confident tickets will not be a problem.

Nashville needs more LZ fans!

Archived