Canned Heat

Hotplant

Inspired by the Steppenwolf thread and The Pusher, I searched for my fav (one anyway):

Amphetamine Annie

Work Together

Work Together

On The Road Again

On The Road Again

Going up The Country

Going Up The Country

If the link isn't working, the first song will lead you to the others. For one summer my gf and I listened to "Boogie with Canned Heat" and the first Zep LP non stop.

Ps: I'm no expert in linking these suckers, so bear with me. :)

There's another clip featuring Gatemouth Brown, who I've also seen, and met.

I couldn't find my other fav: "The Police In Denver" (well they don't like no long haired hippies hangin' around)

Love the Canned Heat. My cousin who we thought was a hippie at the time was always playing it. I fell in love with the music then. I thought I was really cool because I was listening to it then and none of my friends have every heard of it. I remember buying the 45 with Going up the Country.

That is so funny!! At least their music is being carried on! Yeah! :thumbsup:

I love to see good music carried on! It looked like four generations or so enjoying it in that vid. :thumbsup:

:beer: must admit, the only 2 songs I remember are 'On The Road Again' and 'Let's Work Together', but they are just superb, and I never tire of listening to those :hippy:

If you haven't seen it before, there is some great footage of Canned Heat performing at Woodstock. I think that is probably how/where I first heard of the band.

• 1 year later...

They were never one of my top groups, but i did appreciate their love of the blues.

Although Bob "The Bear" Hite gets quite a bit of recognition (as he should), i think they wouldn't have gotten near as far as they did without Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson. He was really the genius behind this group and after his passing, they started to slide.

Edited by danelectro59

I love to see good music carried on! It looked like four generations or so enjoying it in that vid. :thumbsup:

If you haven't seen it before, there is some great footage of Canned Heat performing at Woodstock. I think that is probably how/where I first heard of the band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4g-RexNu0o&feature=related

True that it seems Al Wilson was the main driving force of the band but I thought Henry Vestine was the better guitarist.

Funny thing, Henry also played with Zappa.

Imagine that! :lol:

technically, maybe

spiritually, i don't think so,

although Henry was a fine guitarist.

Blind Owl was a tragic figure and is immortalized as a member of the 27 Club.

Got to love Canned Heat, a bunch of excellent musicians. I love the fuzz tone Henry "Sunflower" Vestine used to have. Listen to Fried Hockey Boogie and when it's Henry's turn to solo (about 4:35), it's fuckin insane. About 6:30, when he pauses, the guitar just feedbacks! I love it!

Edited by Swede

Inspired by the Steppenwolf thread and The Pusher, I searched for my fav (one anyway):

Amphetamine Annie

Work Together

Work Together

On The Road Again

On The Road Again

Going up The Country

Going Up The Country

If the link isn't working, the first song will lead you to the others. For one summer my gf and I listened to "Boogie with Canned Heat" and the first Zep LP non stop.

Ps: I'm no expert in linking these suckers, so bear with me. :)

There's another clip featuring Gatemouth Brown, who I've also seen, and met.

I couldn't find my other fav: "The Police In Denver" (well they don't like no long haired hippies hangin' around)

Great thread Hotplant!

Here it is :D

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...