LedZep1969

Was 9/11 a conspiracy?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Answers

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Not if you mean a USA one.

It's still a conspiracy regardless of whoever was behind it. It's a conspiracy if Bin laden did it, or if Dick Cheney did it, or even if Joan Rivers did it...

"An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act"

It's still a conspiracy regardless of whoever was behind it. It's a conspiracy if Bin laden did it, or if Dick Cheney did it, or even if Joan Rivers did it...

...you guys have heard of joan rivers all the way in australia???... god, i am so sorry...

...you guys have heard of joan rivers all the way in australia???... god, i am so sorry...

Oh yeah, but she is funny though, I think.

I remember she was presenting the next act on the Royal Gala Performance, and it was a group of guys on stilts, and she said "next, it's the greatest balancing act since Heather Mills got her new leg..."

Exactly.

~~~~~~~~~~

I have a lot of 'issues' with Duh-bya and his administration, and I do believe they used 9/11 as an opportunity to further their agenda. I also think they believe their agenda is the best thing for the US, and therefore the rest of the world. I believe quite differently.

But deliberately make 9/11 happen, and/or fudge things to make it look like OBL and al-qaeda was behind it... nah, I don't believe that. I've seen some of the 'evidence' and 'analysis' posted in various places on the web claiming that, and most of it is ... lacking in credibility... IMO.

(BTW, just for shits and giggles, I clicked on the link listed in the opening post to see if it was the same old stuff I'd seen before, and the link didn't work).

But deliberately make 9/11 happen, and/or fudge things to make it look like OBL and al-qaeda was behind it... nah, I don't believe that. I've seen some of the 'evidence' and 'analysis' posted in various places on the web claiming that, and most of it is ... lacking in credibility... IMO.

mm, it's like all that moon-landing-was-a-hoax rubbish

I agree with Marolyn and Lake of Shadows.

BTW, it would really be nice when someone's posting about being a "true American," if they would type "you're" instead of "your." You know, when they mean "you are." It doesn't reflect well on us when it's typed like that ad nauseum in every friggin thread by at least 10 people.

Of course, we don't need no stinkin' grammar, right? Our president doesn't, so why should we? Jesus.

p.s. I love Joan Rivers. Always have. I really miss her "Fashion Police" show that was on after all the award shows. I never watched the awards shows, but always watched her afterwards and laughed my ass off.

Edited by Suz

I think that some of the facts surrounding the events of that day are questionable, but unfortunately there are too many people out there who are spreading blatant lies in support of their conspiracy theories. This damages the whole legitimate 'conspiracy' argument.

For example - the "jet fuel doesn't burn at high enough temperatures to melt steel, so the buildings collapsed due to secondary explosives planted by the government".

Anyone with a high-school level understanding of engineering knows that a material begins to lose strength as its temperature rises. Think about melting chocolate. As it heats up, it begins to lose strength, even though it has not fully turned from solid to liquid.

If someone was to do a proper analysis of what went on on that day, with a view to finding the truth, as opposed to pushing a conspiracy agenda, I think they would find inconsistencies. However I think it's a big leap to say if Bin Laden didn't do it, then Bush must have.

I totally agree that the US government had no part in planning 9/11 or acting it out... any such notion if ridiculus and just plain stupid

but they did their best to use every consequence of it to their advantage and "exploit" it for all they could

if there is any conspiracy... its the handing after 9/11 and to the ends it was used as a vice by the government to accomplish their mission and agenda

but here is the thing... isnt it sad in the first place that there is a discussion that 9/11 is a government inside job?

you didnt hear that about Pearl Harbor after 7 years (or beyond that, for that matter) and there have been comparisions between 9/11 and Pearl Harbor and the ramifications of both attacks

Edited by zosodude13

Yeah we occasionally get news depending on how long the carrier pigeons take to fly

around the planet, you know tail winds vs. head winds etc! :rolleyes:

Back to the topic...

It was an act of terrorism no more no less.

By definition an act of terror is a conspiracy carried out by fanatics.

Was it an internal US conspiracy?

I don't know but I hope not!

9/11 was done by Islamic Fundamentalists, as was Madrid and London. There is no proof to conclusively (or even remotely) state that the events of 9/11 were actions taken by the US Government. Nor is there any evidence that they were in any way affiliated with what happened that day.

No, there is no conspiracy.

Edited by wanna be drummer

BTW, it would really be nice when someone's posting about being a "true American," if they would type "you're" instead of "your." You know, when they mean "you are." It doesn't reflect well on us when it's typed like that ad nauseum in every friggin thread by at least 10 people.

George Bernard Shaw hated contractions, so in all of his plays and other writings, you'll notice he writes youre instead of you're