Vale Steve Weiss

widget

Steve Weiss, the longtime attorney for Led Zeppelin, Bad Company, Vanilla Fudge and Swan Song Records, passed away last week in Florida. Weiss, along with Peter Grant, was also instrumental in setting up Led Zeppelin's sizeable contract with Atlantic Records.

The original Bad Company is reported to be reforming to play a dedication concert in his honour on August 8. Wonder if this is a good reason, if any, for Led Zeppelin to do the same? (NB: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss are not scheduled for any concert dates in August)

Meg

And out of the blue.... There will apparently be a press conference to be held by Jimmy Page and Robert Plant next week. Could this be possibly anything to do with the Steve Weiss concert? We shall wait and see!

Meg

do you have a source for this information? It's the first time I heard I have hear of this press conference

the source is the "hidden grok' newsletter. no other sources have stated it. i can't link you to the grok, it is verboten, but the quote isn't on the website anyway.

I got to meet Steve Weiss when i was a bus boy at my first job. I was 15 y/o in 1973 and worked at Muttontown Country Club on Long Island New York. One time he gave me 2 of his personel seats when Zeppelin did the 5 nights at Madison Square Garden in 1978(6th row in front of Page and Plant)

I never forgot him for doing that .He wrote a note on a bar check and said to go to 454 Madison Ave.(Swan Song Records) and show the people there the note and there will be 2 tickets waiting for you.Unbelievable!!!!!!Best show ever.He was a nice guy and as i remember had a nice Family. Sorry to hear he passed away and send my condolences to his family.

And out of the blue.... There will apparently be a press conference to be held by Jimmy Page and Robert Plant next week. Could this be possibly anything to do with the Steve Weiss concert? We shall wait and see!

Meg

And then we will all fly off to tomorrow morrow land, and live happily ever after. The End! :rolleyes:

I believe the saying is "If you can't say anything nice.. don't say anything at all".

And then we will all fly off to tomorrow morrow land, and live happily ever after. The End!

I got to meet Steve Weiss when i was a bus boy at my first job. I was 15 y/o in 1973 and worked at Muttontown Country Club on Long Island New York. One time he gave me 2 of his personel seats when Zeppelin did the 5 nights at Madison Square Garden in 1978(6th row in front of Page and Plant)

I never forgot him for doing that .He wrote a note on a bar check and said to go to 454 Madison Ave.(Swan Song Records) and show the people there the note and there will be 2 tickets waiting for you.Unbelievable!!!!!!Best show ever.He was a nice guy and as i remember had a nice Family. Sorry to hear he passed away and send my condolences to his family.

:blink: are you serious? these things never happen to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... mad0090.gif

Nice of him to do that! any pics of the concert to show us??

:blink: are you serious? these things never happen to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... mad0090.gif

Nice of him to do that! any pics of the concert to show us??

We were taking pictures with my friends camera and he never told us it was broke so all the pictures got exposed by a light leak. I also remember that Mr. Weiss use to have a rolls royce and the license plate said 'SWAN SONG" on it.

Ahh yes the secret 1978 gigs....

It would have been 1977, but as it was 30 years ago you are forgiven.

Thanks for sharing, great memories.

Meg

Where is the press conference information located? Could be good... B)

Archived