Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
endorasmask

What new song will Zep reveal at 02 show?

I have been a huge Zep fan for 20 years now (since I was 14). I have listened and studied them through song, books, etc etc. I would be willing to bet that the "really intense number" that Zeppelin will perform (which they have never done live) will either be "Four Sticks" or "Wearing and Tearing". Plant did a version of "Four Sticks" with the Strange Sensation that was killer and at Knebworth 1990 Plant invited Page onstage to do "Wearing and Tearing" which was also killer. To me, one of these songs are the most likely canidate. What do you think????

Edited by endorasmask

I have been a huge Zep fan for 20 years now (since I was 14). I have listened and studied them through song, books, etc etc. I would be willing to bet that the "really intense number" that Zeppelin will perform (which they have never done live) will either be "Four Sticks" or "Wearing and Tearing". Plant did a version of "Four Sticks" with the Strange Sensation that was killer and at Knebworth 1990 Plant invited Page onstage to do "Wearing and Tearing" which was also killer. To me, one of these songs are the most likely canidate. What do you think????

It's For Your Life

Zepp played Four Sticks once or twice in 71. Nice try though.

I heard they'll be opening with Good Times Bad Times, but I'll go with my esteemed friend above and say For Your Life will be the dagger. :beer:

I don't know if you can say Zepp really played a full version of GTBT but they did play parts of it and a near full version in 70 in LA(Blueberry Hill I think)

I don't know if you can say Zepp really played a full version of GTBT but they did play parts of it and a near full version in 70 in LA(Blueberry Hill I think)

Reports say that GTBT was a staple of the 1968 shows but dropped shortly into their first American tour.

Yes, it was featured during Communication Breakdown in the jam along with For What it's Worth. But yes, just bits. :beer:

Actually most of it was played in CB. But not all of it. But I guess we aren't considering the 68 tours which we only have 1 show from 68 in Gonzaga. They could have opened with GTBT in Europe.

I hope they do GTBT and For Your Life. Man, both of those would be killer, and Robert would totally nail the vocals on either of those!

I heard they'll be opening with Good Times Bad Times, but I'll go with my esteemed friend above and say For Your Life will be the dagger. :beer:

I'll join the festivities!

:beer:

B)

For Your Life will be a great choice IMHO. It was definitely one of the highlights of Presence.

Carouselambra.

I would love to hear them play "I'm Gonna Crawl" That song could have come off the first album easily