Rainn Wilson calls Led Zeppelin 'girly'

Trashbag

Okay, Trashbag...it wasn't your fault, I apologize. Just to help clear up any

misconceptions that Rainn is dissing Zeppelin, here is an excerpt from another

interview; this one by Paul Fischer from femail.com.au:

Paul Fischer: Are you a heavy metal fan? Were you a heavy metal fan before doing this?

Rainn Wilson: You know, I'm a classic metal fan. You know, I like Ozzie and Led Zeppelin, and ACDC. But it kind of lost me when it got to the spandex and the make-up. When the men started wearing girl's makeup, that's when I didn't quite understand it any more. I didn't understand what it had become. I mean, I got it when David Bowie did it. But when Bret Michaels did it, it didn't really make sense to me.

Ahhhh, ok. All is forgiven. :blush:

Actor Rainn Wilson has blasted legendary rockers Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin for wearing make-up and women's clothes - branding them too girly.

The Office star portrays a washed-up drummer given a second chance at stardom in new movie The Rocker, and is a huge fan of the heavy rock genre.

However, Wilson dropped his loyalty to his beloved groups after the bandmembers adopted effeminate styles.

The actor says, "I grew up listening to a lot of classic rock. I loved AC/DC, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin, but as soon as it started to get girly, as soon as they were wearing women's blouses, mascara and eyeliner - guy-liner I call it - as soon as it went there then it kind of lost me."

he cant be talking about sabbath and zep has to be the hairbands

I have to agree here about the bands that took it way too far....KISS, Twisted Sister, Motley, etc... for them, they rely heavily on the theatrics of their bands rather than focusing on just making some damn good music. Sure, LZ was fashion conscious, trendsetting, but you can tell that the core of their performances lied in their music, not how glam of a show they could put on.

• 2 weeks later...

Before I became a fan of LZ, I had the stereo-typical idea that they were a guy's band. "In-your-face-guitar-jeans-and-tshirts" kind of group. I didn't realize the depth and diversity of their songs and the flamboyancy of the way they dressed and their stage moves. I wouldn't call them girly, but I did see them in a completely different light than I had before. Mind you, in the 60's and 70's it seemed androgyny was in.

Archived