Please Don't Drink and Drive!

allbettsareoff

I am asking all of you LED ZEPPELIN fans on this site as a two time victim of drunk drivers: PLEASE DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE! I was almost killed twice by drunk drivers, once in 1991 where I was hospitalized for three months for my injuries sustained in the wreck. The driver who hit me at 80 miles an hour going the wrong way on the 170 freeway in Los Angeles was killed leaving a wife and three children. In this recent wreck that took place on April 25th of this year, I was hit on Las Vegas Blvd at aprox 9:30pm. The drunk driver that hit me shot across 3 lanes of traffic and T-boned me, pushing me up on two wheels. The driver was wasted and never even apologized, all he was worried about were his golf clubs. I sustained serious injuries to my neck, back, shoulder and right arm. I am about to have surgery next week on my neck and the doctors don't know if it will correct the injury- it may be permanent. I am a live touring audio engineer and have been doing it for over 20 years and because of this recent wreck, along with my previous injuries, my carreer may be over. To top it all off, the guy who hit me just got off probation for his second DUI (so this makes it his third offense), he was driving on a suspended licence, and has of course minimal insurance so there you go...it really is not worth it. I am asking all the LED ZEPPELIN fans on this site to please talk about this issue and get the word out to as many people as you can and maybe help stop a drunk driver and possibly save a life. If you choose to drink, do so in moderation and be safe. Remember that John Bonham's death was a result of drinking too much alcohol. Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July weekend!

I am asking all of you LED ZEPPELIN fans on this site as a two time victim of drunk drivers: PLEASE DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE! I was almost killed twice by drunk drivers, once in 1991 where I was hospitalized for three months for my injuries sustained in the wreck. The driver who hit me at 80 miles an hour going the wrong way on the 170 freeway in Los Angeles was killed leaving a wife and three children. In this recent wreck that took place on April 25th of this year, I was hit on Las Vegas Blvd at aprox 9:30pm. The drunk driver that hit me shot across 3 lanes of traffic and T-boned me, pushing me up on two wheels. The driver was wasted and never even apologized, all he was worried about were his golf clubs. I sustained serious injuries to my neck, back, shoulder and right arm. I am about to have surgery next week on my neck and the doctors don't know if it will correct the injury- it may be permanent. I am a live touring audio engineer and have been doing it for over 20 years and because of this recent wreck, along with my previous injuries, my carreer may be over. To top it all off, the guy who hit me just got off probation for his second DUI (so this makes it his third offense), he was driving on a suspended licence, and has of course minimal insurance so there you go...it really is not worth it. I am asking all the LED ZEPPELIN fans on this site to please talk about this issue and get the word out to as many people as you can and maybe help stop a drunk driver and possibly save a life. If you choose to drink, do so in moderation and be safe. Remember that John Bonham's death was a result of drinking too much alcohol. Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July weekend!

Words of wisdom! Please take heed!

I worked a 3quarter day today and being that i'm home and i had a few beers, cant drive to a family get together. Its a mindset, once you learn and "know" that you cant drink and drive, then thats it. I'm very sorry to hear about the poster's injuries,hope your healing goes well.

Amen. I'm glad you are ok! My husband and 3 children had a very near miss the other night. I"m not sure if the other driver was drunk or just plain stupid, but she came fully into their lane head on and missed them by inches. :( ::sign of the cross::

I´m not allowed to drink yet (in Germany it´s allowed to drink beer, wine and champaigne at the age of 16; harder alkohole at the age of 18) and I´m also not allowed to make a driver´s license.(Some federal states allow it at 17, most at 18) But of course I know that it is one of the most stupid things to drive under the influence of any kind or drugs. Thankfully my parents are good role models; my mum likes to make partys, but she just drinks alcohole-free beer if she knows that she still has to drive.

But not many German teenagers think like me, "coma-drinking" has become a typicult weekend activity for people in my age.The newspapers are full of reports about kids at the age of just 13 who drunk that much that they need to get send to hospital. And every year there´s a big event in my hometown at the last day of school.(09.July 2008 is my last day in grade 10 :D ) After they left school for summer holydays many teenagers go to the biggest memorial in town to sit there the whole afternoon and drink for hours.The police is always involved to watch that everything´s o.k.

allbettsareoff, I am so sorry that all this has happened to you. It is so unfair how many times the person that causes all the pain and suffering seems to get away with it.

I really appreciate it I hope everyone has had a happy and safe weekend all the best to you. I am recovering and I found out the guy who hit me is facing 2 to 20 years in prison as this is his 3rd DUI.

Unbelievable. So sorry. Where I live in the upper midwestern states, drinking and driving is still a way of life for some people. We have very high rates here. It's these people who have multiple DWI/DUI that just blow my mind. Best wishes for your recovery.

And another thing, please don't drive TIRED! If you can't keep your eyes open, just pull over. It's not worth risking your life just to get somewhere on time. You can apologize for being late, but you don't get any second chances when your car hits a post at 70 mph. Even if you just sleep for a couple hours, that's better than nothing.

I've seem plenty of horrible accidents that could have been prevented by a friend or feiends taking away someones key's. I've done that many times and no matter how much someone wants to try and argue the point at the time, they are usually gratefull the next day. Some innocent family is gratefull too. Maybe yours

Hope you doing ok.

I never wanted to drive or go with somebody that drives being drunk. Prefer to go out to take some drinks and then go back in taxi. It is a good message, but it's a shame that a lot of people does not do case to this kinds of problems.

Archived