FROM SOMEWHERE IN THE VOID OF CONSCIOUSNESS

Del Zeppnile

I am really enjoying Lost. The 2 hour season premiere last night was great.

Life on Mars will be coming back next week as well, another show I enjoy.

I was really into Lost the first two seasons. Totally hooked but then midway through the third, I lost interest. Friends who follow it said the last couple of years it's picked up again but I've missed so much of it, I don't know if I'd get what was going on.

Congrats Kat. I am really happy for you!

Thank you. :)

Actually, we've been planning our future for some time, and we talked about this many times before, so it's no news. This was one of those moments, and I suddenly proposed him.

Thank you. :)

Actually, we've been planning our future for some time, and we talked about this many times before, so it's no news. This was one of those moments, and I suddenly proposed him.

You proposed to him?????? :o:o:o

Good for you Kat. Not many women are cool enough to do something like that. :D

You proposed to him?????? :o:o:o

Good for you Kat. Not many women are cool enough to do something like that. :D

Yeah, why not. I think I destroyed his plans but it doesn't look like he minds. We were talking about it again and I said "how about next summer." That's it. 8th March is our anniversary, so we'll make it official that day. But no big business. We decided to buy simple silver rings, because there's no need to waste money on engagement rings, right? It's all just an unnecessary game, but I enjoy it. :D

Yeah, why not. I think I destroyed his plans but it doesn't look like he minds. We were talking about it again and I said "how about next summer." That's it. 8th March is our anniversary, so we'll make it official that day. But no big business. We decided to buy simple silver rings, because there's no need to waste money on engagement rings, right? It's all just an unnecessary game, but I enjoy it. :D

Congrats ! I think it's cool that you made the call :)

Congratulations! :)

They are defianately too many unnecessary games and rituals. There are definately women out there that could learn something from you. Congrats.

They are defianately too many unnecessary games and rituals. There are definately women out there that could learn something from you. Congrats.

All rituals in the world are unnecessary. I would say it's almost their purpose. They are intended for making any event in your life in any way special. Our entire human history is built on rituals, because rituals offer certain order.

There may be some rituals I don't like, but I won't dismiss them because there are people for whom they mean a lot. Opinions on this differ, and I will never dare say that mine are better. I won't follow them; others may do whatever they please.

As for the wedding rituals, I think some of them are really nice. The very idea of wedding being something special is nice, because if I decide to spend the rest of my life with certain someone, I want to make this vow of mine in some way special. It makes it relevant.

What I don't agree with is the commercialization of this special day. Wedding rituals, decorations and other things related to that became a commodity, and there are opinions imposed on you regarding how a "perfect" wedding should look like. Other thing people are forgetting about is that it's also the bridegroom's special day, so he himself should also participate in the preparations and be able and willing to say what he does or does not like. I would not say it's entirely women's fault of they are convinced that it's only their day, and that everything should be done according to their wishes. It is to a great extent a result of the "wedding industry" which supports this notion. It is wonderful that my bf is even more enthusiastic about the planning of that day than me.

I am no princess, and nothing will force me to pretend to be one on my wedding day. The last thing I want is to look like being covered in whipped cream. No kitchsy golden letters on snow white paper, no ickly cake, no cream-coloured roses, thank you very much. My opinion is that some traditional habits are very tasteless.

On the other hand, I'm no teacher. I learned nothing from no one, these are entirely my opinions. I'm not sure I deserve to be congratulated on them. Thanks anyway. If some other "women out there" (or men, maybe? I'm sure there are some out there) want it to be that way, it's their choice. Nor me, nor you are allowed to judge them. If you don't want one of these women, leave them to other men. Period. There are plenty of girls who think like myself.

Thanks Manders. :)

(And others. I'm a very ungrateful responder.)

It's strange. I swear I never imagined to be married before thirty. But I know "he" will make my life much better.

I used to say that I was never going to get married... but it was HEAPS of fun! It wasn't your usual wedding though we just did what we wanted to do and had a great time... no stress or expectations.. I highly recommend it!

I used to say that I was never going to get married... but it was HEAPS of fun! It wasn't your usual wedding though we just did what we wanted to do and had a great time... no stress or expectations.. I highly recommend it!

I'm thinking of some unorthodox garden party...something between Midsummer Night's Dream and Woodstock. :lol:

We're both irremediable exhibicionists, so I'm sure it will be fun.

eq5nrs.jpg

A friend with Gene Simmons yesterday.

Gene Simmons!! Wasn't he supposed to have slept with like 5,000 women? :o

24lkjdt.jpg

Daily Mirror

Gene Simmons Interview

7/4/2004

I WALK into the room and he hugs me like a randy uncle. Gene Simmons from KISS, the most outrageous member of that most outrageous band, is hugging me - and dancing like your dad...

The American shock rocker, famous for his extraordinarily long tongue and bizarre stage make-up, is hip-thrusting away in a room at St Martins Lane hotel in London and insists on playing me every track from his solo album, charmingly entitled A**hole.

It's going to be a long afternoon.

Simmons - who turns 54 this year - has had a career that spans 32 busy years in which he has fathered two children, sold 90 million records - and, by his reckoning, slept with more than 4,000 women.

Four thousand six hundred to be precise. Women, he says, are partial to his long tongue.

It must be the tongue - watching this middle-aged man with long, dyed-black hair, strutting to his own music, it's hard to see what else he has to offer.

But sex is a preoccupation. It's all he wants to talk about, and as I walk into the room he asks: "Do you want to see my family portrait?" He unrolls a poster of himself with more than 30 semi-naked women.

Gene's got it going, doesn't he? :lol:

• 2 years later...

Gene Simmons!! Wasn't he supposed to have slept with like 5,000 women? ohmy.gif

24lkjdt.jpg

Daily Mirror

Gene Simmons Interview

7/4/2004

I WALK into the room and he hugs me like a randy uncle. Gene Simmons from KISS, the most outrageous member of that most outrageous band, is hugging me - and dancing like your dad...

The American shock rocker, famous for his extraordinarily long tongue and bizarre stage make-up, is hip-thrusting away in a room at St Martins Lane hotel in London and insists on playing me every track from his solo album, charmingly entitled A**hole.

It's going to be a long afternoon.

Simmons - who turns 54 this year - has had a career that spans 32 busy years in which he has fathered two children, sold 90 million records - and, by his reckoning, slept with more than 4,000 women.

Four thousand six hundred to be precise. Women, he says, are partial to his long tongue.

It must be the tongue - watching this middle-aged man with long, dyed-black hair, strutting to his own music, it's hard to see what else he has to offer.

But sex is a preoccupation. It's all he wants to talk about, and as I walk into the room he asks: "Do you want to see my family portrait?" He unrolls a poster of himself with more than 30 semi-naked women.

Gene's got it going, doesn't he? laugh.gif

Depends on what you mean by "it" .. for example, the Book of Proverbs http://www.usccb.org/bible/proverbs/12 12:4 says

"A woman of worth is the crown of her husband,

but a disgraceful one is like
rot
in his bones
."

​So ... If some of those women were
married
to other men - and he helped them to disgrace their husbands - he would have "aided and abetted" an ugly situation indeed !

:redcard:

Depends on what you mean by "it" .. for example, the Book of Proverbs http://www.usccb.org/bible/proverbs/12 12:4 says

"A woman of worth is the crown of her husband,

but a disgraceful one is like
rot
in his bones
."

​So ... If some of those women were
married
to other men - and he helped them to disgrace their husbands - he would have "aided and abetted" an ugly situation indeed !

:redcard:

Anyway, reading Gene's wikipedia page entry http://en.wikipedia....visit_to_Israel helps to a gain a better understanding of a more complete picture of everything:

"Gene Simmons (born Chaim Weitz Hebrew: חיים ויץ‎; August 25, 1949) is an Israeli-Americanentrepreneur, singer-songwriter, actor, and rock bassist. Known as "The Demon", he is the bassist/vocalist of Kiss, a hard rock band he co-founded in the early 1970s. ...

• In February 2002, Simmons was interviewed on the NPR radio show Fresh Air and asked about his claim of having had sex with 4,600 women. He told Terry Gross: "If you want to welcome me with open arms, I'm afraid you're also going to have to welcome me with open legs," paraphrasing a lyric from The Who's 1981 hit song "You Better You Bet". Gross replied: "That's a really obnoxious thing to say." At the time, Simmons refused to grant permission to NPR to make the interview available online.[22] However, it appears in print in Gross's book All I Did Was Ask (ISBN 1-4013-0010-3) and unauthorized transcripts are available. NPR re-broadcast part of the interview in August 2007.[23] Simmons' bandmate Paul Stanley has frequently used the phrase "... welcomed us with open arms and open legs" in onstage patter during Kiss concerts.
  • In 2004, during an interview in Melbourne, Australia, while talking about Islamic extremists, Simmons described Islam as a "vile culture", saying that Muslim women had to walk behind their husbands, were not allowed to be educated or to own houses. He said: "They want to come and live right where you live and they think that you're evil." Amongst ensuing criticism, Australian Muslim of the Year Susan Carland argued that Simmons' stereotyping of Muslims was inaccurate.[24] Simmons later clarified his comments on his website, saying he had been talking specifically about Muslim extremists. ... Simmons has been the creative force behind such television projects as:
  • Madrid-M4.jpg

• My Dad the Rock Star,
    • MyDadtheRockStar.jpg
    • a cartoon by the Canadian animation company Nelvana, about the mild mannered son of a Gene Simmons-like rock star ...

Archived