What is the world coming to...

TelecasterShaggy

-"Illinois became the 13th state to recognize classic-rock-related automobile decorations as grounds for waiver of a warrant."

What other classic-rock-bands are targeted in all these states? What are the 13 states? Are they aware yet of what "Reggae-related" stickers might wickedly imply?

This is my favorite part:

"If a vehicle, especially a late-'70s American-made sedan with a vinyl top and some rust, also bears a Led Zeppelin sticker, what are the odds the driver is not in frequent possession of drugs or alcohol?"

Preliminary data seems to indicate that this logic is sound. In a Monday-afternoon field test, state troopers detained 100 Peoria-area motorists under the new Criminal Code 861.4/Section 8 (Probable Cause/ZOSO). Nearly 60 percent of the vehicles contained alcohol, drugs or drug paraphernalia, and nearly all contained suspected alcohol or drug abusers.

The onion can be pretty funny at times.

:hysterical:

This is my favorite part:

"If a vehicle, especially a late-'70s American-made sedan with a vinyl top and some rust, also bears a Led Zeppelin sticker, what are the odds the driver is not in frequent possession of drugs or alcohol?"

Preliminary data seems to indicate that this logic is sound. In a Monday-afternoon field test, state troopers detained 100 Peoria-area motorists under the new Criminal Code 861.4/Section 8 (Probable Cause/ZOSO). Nearly 60 percent of the vehicles contained alcohol, drugs or drug paraphernalia, and nearly all contained suspected alcohol or drug abusers.

The onion can be pretty funny at times.

:hysterical:

LOL I had no clue what the onion was till now .....

It was certainly grounds to be pulled over when I was following the Grateful Dead around in the eighties. Having a Dead sticker or driving a VW Microbus in particular was a real heat score. Check my link below... I even kind of wrote a song about it.......

A recent article in The Birmingham News,my local fishwrapper,by Ginny MacDonald.

Headline:Agressive driving linked to stickers,vanity plates

Sunday,June29,2008

Road rage has something to do with bumper stickers,territoriality and our ancestors.Or at least,that's what psychologists say.

A study by Colorado State University psychologist William Szlemko found drivers of cars with bumper stickers,window decals,personalized liscense plates and other "territorial markers"are more likely to be aggressive drivers.

Drivers who do not personalize their cars get angry too,but they fume internally,call the other driver a jerk and move on.The study was recently published in the Journal of Applied Social Psychology.

"Territoriality is hard-wired into our ancestors from tens of thousands of years ago,"said study co-author Paul Bell."Animals are territorial because it had survival value."

The researchers hypothesized that drivers who personalize their cars view the road as deeply personal space,or primary territory.

How's about them apples?Never had a problema with someone with a Zeppelin sticker.But a soccer mom in her suv with her kids names on the rear window,or Auburn vanity plates on a vehicle,brothers and sisters around these parts,you got to watch the toin and the froin.It's downright crazy here.

This just cracks me up, a persons choice of band stickers doesnt mean their into drugs. I know many Zeppelin fans who dont touch drugs and to say that you do because you listen to them is a complete joke.

"...nearly all contained suspected alcohol or drug abusers." umm, suspected on the basis that they had Led Zeppelin stickers on their cars. And "metal pipes bearing a row of four cryptic symbols" er don't the cops know what they are yet?

I wish I lived in Illinois because I'm not a druggie, so I'd drive around police stations with a car plastered in Led Zeppelin stuff, and the windows down with Immigrant Song at full volume. If your a druggie though you deserve to get caught so I don't feel sorry for any LZ fans in Illinois, and that Doug Wojcek can't complain.

The Onion rules!

Here is another Zeppelin one.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28086

Interesting to see if anyone gets their knickers twisted over this very funny spoof on Zep fans.

Peace,

Booted...

Who, moi? Don't see myself in that at all, nope... :whistling:

"Honda of the Holy" :lol: Hey, I have one of those!

"It could be worse, he could've gotten into the Grateful Dead...." :D

Good stuff.

Are the Misty Mountains a real place???

Hell yeah...

What's more as you're from Oz Land, they're in your neck of the woods.

http://www.mistymountains.com.au/

And if you've ever wondered how to get there, the FAQ section says this...

(Q) Do you need a car to get to Misty Mountains?

(A) No, the Bally Knob Trailhead is just a short walk from the township of Ravenshoe.

Actually, it's more of a short hop.

BTW....what is a "Bally Knob" ???

:unsure:

What is the world coming to when people don't know The Onion is satire?

I'm with you, SunChild...it boggles the mind that people are so gullible...and if

you spend any time reading around Youtube and other website message boards,

your head will start to hurt at the sheer number of clueless idiots.

Here is my favourite Zep-related piece from the Onion:

Secret Jimmy Page Riff

Archived