Ten Years Gone: Page & Plant Rock Toronto

I can relate to that. Vancouver in Sept was a brilliant show as well. Knebby can add to that if she wishes. I was blown away by them and was proud to have so many of my kids and they're cousins at the show. Great tour period. :)

Myself and 3 pals were at this show and it was simply the best concert i've ever seen. The Sun(the reporter) gave it 3 stars(out of 5) but rest assured that everybody there gave it a 5.

Page, Plant and the band were in top form.....absolutely superb!

Page, Plant and the band were in top form.....absolutely superb!

One of the hightlights was Robert spotting a hottie in the front row during 'How Many More Times' and shouting into the mic "Rex! Rex! Rex!" (personal assistant Rex King)

and making crazy eyes at her. I'm pretty sure Robert didn't sleep alone that night.

Another was Robert walking out for the encore holding an assortment of red, white

and blue balloons in honor of the American 4th of July holiday and releasing them

skyward where they promptly got entangled above the stage in the rafters. Robert

looked over at Jimmy and laughed.

One of the hightlights was Robert spotting a hottie in the front row during 'How Many More Times' and shouting into the mic "Rex! Rex! Rex!" (personal assistant Rex King)

and making crazy eyes at her. I'm pretty sure Robert didn't sleep alone that night.

Another was Robert walking out for the encore holding an assortment of red, white

and blue balloons in honor of the American 4th of July holiday and releasing them

skyward where they promptly got entangled above the stage in the rafters. Robert

looked over at Jimmy and laughed.

Well, Robert has apparently had much "success" with the ladies in T.O. In a radio interview from years prior, he made repeated reference to "how wonderful he was treated by the girls from Balmoral Ave."....Hmmmm

Anyway, the highlight of the evening to me was the performance. The set list was great and Jimmy/Robert were lights out.

I'll never forget that night. Prett sure that RP has fond memories as well judging by your reference to the babe(s) in the crowd....

I was at the 1998 Toronto show. It was awesome. The crowd was so into it and the boys did not disappoint. I have fond memories of that concert, truly one of the best I have ever been to. I am not so adept at the torrent thing, but did manage to track down a few good clips of the show from YouTube. Search "Page Plant Toronto" and you will find them. I would love to have the show in its entirety.

Jane Stevenson is a tough concert reviewer. I saw Genesis last year, it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. She gave it 3 stars. So I don't read her reviews anymore. A friend of mine has a boot of this show and it looks like it was a amazing show!

I was at the 1998 Toronto show. It was awesome. The crowd was so into it and the boys did not disappoint. I have fond memories of that concert, truly one of the best I have ever been to. I am not so adept at the torrent thing, but did manage to track down a few good clips of the show from YouTube. Search "Page Plant Toronto" and you will find them. I would love to have the show in its entirety.

Hey-Up,

Send me a PM, with your e-mail address, i might be able to help you track the show down.

All the best,

Hang-man :ph34r:

• 11 years later...

Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson of RUSH were also in attendance at the Page & Plant concert in Toronto as noted in this 2006 Guitar Player interview here.

This CBC interview with Geddy and Alex also discusses this here.

I should also note that Alex Lifeson's solo album Victor was released on January 9th, 1996 (Jimmy Page's birthday).

Edited by RushFanForever