SHOULD THERE BE DRUG TESTING IN ROCK N' ROLL?

ZeppFanForever

i'm surprised no one has posted this yet.. don't click if you don't like offensive material

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xRkA6zugNMQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J10w3FuCwfQ

funny. i don't necessarily agree with all of it though.

rob halford doesn't take drugs. he certainly has done himself some rocking. the moody

blues weren't into the drug scene . they made out ok.

Man, I was just skimming through to make sure no one posted this before I did. I was surprised no one posted this yet either.

It's funny seeing some of the musicians who took part in those R.A.D. ads all those years ago now saying they were high during the filming of them. I think I saw that on one of VH1 Classic's RockDocs, most likely the one called The Drug Years which re-aired recently.

I don't have the lowdown on the Pink Floyd thing but I do recall seeing one of those Classic Album specials on VH1 years ago where one of the band members (Gilmour, perhaps?) stated fans thought Floyd were heavy into drugs but in reality they actually were big drinkers. As for someone listening to their music and thinking Floyd were high on drugs, that's perfectly understandable since their music is so psychedelic.

I have to laugh at the Grand Funk Railroad "anti-drug" thing since on Live Album Mark Farner is going on and on about "making up nickel bags all day". Perhaps they eventually became anti-drug (as someone mentioned Farner is a Christian these days, he also isn't in Grand Funk anymore) but I didn't get the impression from that record that they were anti-drug at all.

On the subject of Frank Zappa, I couldn't find the clip online (not to say it isn't out there somewhere) but one of my very favorite SNL skits is one he appeared in called Night On Freak Mountain where he's offered a wide variety of drugs but turns every one of them down. I believe he also appeared in a skit with the Coneheads on that one that was also very hilarious.

No one should ever have to be drug tested by the government.

Now, if employers make it a requirement to drug test their employees thats one thing. If Atlangtic forced Zeppelin to drug test back in the 70s, I have no qualms as that should be their right. But the government should never be allowed to just drug test just for the hell of it...

How's it going "wanna be drummer?" In my opinion, if there is no drug testing for Government employees in the Government, why should there be drug testing at all? ROCK ON!

It's funny seeing some of the musicians who took part in those R.A.D. ads all those years ago now saying they were high during the filming of them. I think I saw that on one of VH1 Classic's RockDocs, most likely the one called The Drug Years which re-aired recently.

I don't have the lowdown on the Pink Floyd thing but I do recall seeing one of those Classic Album specials on VH1 years ago where one of the band members (Gilmour, perhaps?) stated fans thought Floyd were heavy into drugs but in reality they actually were big drinkers. As for someone listening to their music and thinking Floyd were high on drugs, that's perfectly understandable since their music is so psychedelic.

I have to laugh at the Grand Funk Railroad "anti-drug" thing since on Live Album Mark Farner is going on and on about "making up nickel bags all day". Perhaps they eventually became anti-drug (as someone mentioned Farner is a Christian these days, he also isn't in Grand Funk anymore) but I didn't get the impression from that record that they were anti-drug at all.

On the subject of Frank Zappa, I couldn't find the clip online (not to say it isn't out there somewhere) but one of my very favorite SNL skits is one he appeared in called Night On Freak Mountain where he's offered a wide variety of drugs but turns every one of them down. I believe he also appeared in a skit with the Coneheads on that one that was also very hilarious.

How's it going "Jahfin?" Its really true that many band members go through many blackout years and don't remember certain incidents or quotes that many have said in the past but don't remember. That's definitely the case with Mark Farner, Keith Richards, Ozzy Osbourne and the late Jim Morrison to name a few. I've never thought or believed for one minute that GRAND FUNK RAILROAD was anti-drug. PINK FLOYD, BIG DRINKERS, I believe that but I also realize that they had to be taking LSD. In my opinion, to really get into their early material, like the late Syd Barrett, you had to be on LSD to really hear and appreciate their music. ROCK ON!

I recall hearing an eric clapton interview where he said that he drank constantly. He always saw double. If he didn't see double, then he started drinking again.

Makes you wonder how they're alive! But thank the gods of music that they are.

I am sure that this was the show where Frank sang Don't You Eat That Yellow Snow.

Brings back memories! :P

I am sure that this was the show where Frank sang Don't You Eat That Yellow Snow.

Brings back memories! :P

I'm not sure if it was or not. Funny, I could find his musical performances from SNL online but not the skits. There was one site that had apparently posted Freak Mountain at one time but it had since been removed.

In the beginning, they were into the typical stuff; pot, acid, and booze. Toward the end though....Rick was the one with the drug issues, not the rest of them. He had a well-documented cocaine problem that led to, in part, him being asked to leave the band. He just couldn't perform anymore, it had gotten that bad. The rest of them just liked to drink.

David Gilmour had a cocaine habit in the late 80s-early 90s following his divorce from his first wife, but he quit that soon after meeting his current wife....probably sometime in 1992.

Archived