Led Zeppelin Quotes

Robert:"Thanks for 11 years."

Robert:"You don't mind us having a chat.."

Robert:"Bonzo, do you remember you're first love?"

Bonzo:"No!"

Jimmy:'"I usually rest in my satin-lined coffin, actually. I'm not allowed out in daylight hours."

Jimmy:"Be above it, Robert.."

i have recently been given a dvd of the 25th earls court ( thankyou my friend! ), and it seems to have lots of plantations on it. but the one where he asks bonzo about his first love, while introducing "tangerine", is said twice. is this just bad editing by the taper? also on this same dvd, they come out for an extra encore, and they are unsure what song to do, it sounds like jimmy says to robert :" communication ( breakdown) , but he ( looks at jonesy ) doesnt wanna do it, ask him. " does anyone know exactly what is said? ( they go on to play C.B.)

Yes, for some reason there are shows out there which fade out at the start of on song, then fade back in at a point earlier, so you get the same thing 2 times. It's just editing.

I think you have the discussion before CB pretty close. It's a cool moment because it shows they weren't a '2 encores and off the stage in 2 hours' band, it's a real encore in that the audience wants more, and they have to decide what song to actually give them.

yes, i love that its so spontanious. dont you just love the little tap dance routine they all do, like they are trying to still entertain while having the discussion. too cute!

That's my favorite part.

yes, i love that its so spontanious. dont you just love the little tap dance routine they all do, like they are trying to still entertain while having the discussion. too cute!

Havn't seen the video version, only audio. If only someone was kind enough to send me a copy.........

I liked the end of the question to Bonham when Robert asks him if he remembers his first love. After Bonzo says 'no' Robert quips something about it having been a stout or some such..... :D

I wasn't sure where to put this, but it was just sugguested to me.

In Ginger Geezer, Chris Welch's biography of Vivian Stanshall, the Bonzo Dog Band lead singer, talks about how when he was trying to interview Viv at the begining of the '70's, and was running out of things to say as Viv was getting drunk. He than gave him a message that Jimmy had for him, who Chris just interviewed recently before Vivian, "Tell him to come to Pangbourne Abbey where the law is enforced." to Viv retorted for Chris to say back to Jimmy, "Tell Jimmy the cream of the owl will be poured on the bishop's trouser leg."

I wasn't sure where to put this, but it was just sugguested to me.

In Ginger Geezer, Chris Welch's biography of Vivian Stanshall, the Bonzo Dog Band lead singer, talks about how when he was trying to interview Viv at the begining of the '70's, and was running out of things to say as Viv was getting drunk. He than gave him a message that Jimmy had for him, who Chris just interviewed recently before Vivian, "Tell him to come to Pangbourne Abbey where the law is enforced." to Viv retorted for Chris to say back to Jimmy, "Tell Jimmy the cream of the owl will be poured on the bishop's trouser leg."

too funny! :hysterical:

Those are all great quotes. Here's another Plantation from the May 25th Earl's Court show [which I have never seen because I don't have a copy.....so if there is any good friend on here that would like to send one my way.....hint, hint :whistling: ] --

After Trampled Underfoot, he says "Thank you very much. Um, the man who's middle name became Elsum, the man who knits and purls, and drops one and picks one up, and in fact is one of the most colorful drummers that we've ever had in the group. A man who, who touches the deepest parts of your heart, just when you could do with being left alone, we give you our blood brother, John Bonham!"

Wow, cool, I didn't know Bonzo could knit, we have something in common LOL.

Those are all great quotes. Here's another Plantation from the May 25th Earl's Court show [which I have never seen because I don't have a copy.....so if there is any good friend on here that would like to send one my way.....hint, hint :whistling: ] --

After Trampled Underfoot, he says "Thank you very much. Um, the man who's middle name became Elsum, the man who knits and purls, and drops one and picks one up, and in fact is one of the most colorful drummers that we've ever had in the group. A man who, who touches the deepest parts of your heart, just when you could do with being left alone, we give you our blood brother, John Bonham!"

Wow, cool, I didn't know Bonzo could knit, we have something in common LOL.

I think thats really sweet. "Our blood brother"...that touches me.

I like these classic Jimmy's...

" I may not believe in myself, but I believe in what I'm doing"

"I always thought the good thing about the guitar was that they didn't teach it in school"

And Robert's...

" How can you consider flower power outdated? The essence of my lyrics is the desire for peace and harmony. That's all anyone has ever wanted. How could it become outdated? character00189.gif

"I think that passion and love and pain are all bearable, and they go to make love beautiful" :rolleyes:

i heard an audio of an interview with robert once, and he was talking about the different ( comical )versions of stairway. he said something like : 'there is a nice version done by a young female australian choir that i couldve given every inch of my love to..........."

classic plant.

From the Ramble On Zep site, here are a couple of Plantations from my one and only Zep concert (Feb. 14, 1975, Uniondale, NY):

"This track features the impeccable, one of the world's best dressed men who didn't make Women's Wear Daily, but there's still time. John Paul Jones and 'No Quarter.' "

"We'd like to thank you for all the, we'd like to thank you for all the underwear. This is the day I need a bra ..."

My memory of that night has faded in a lot of spots over the decades, so I could never imagine why I've always associated this mind-blowing show with — of all things — undies. Mystery solved :lol:

• 2 years later...

Archived