my teacher bashes led zepp

walrus15427

• 1 month later...
The day of my 8th grade "orientation/meet the teacher" thing, I watched all five hours of the Led Zeppelin DVD, so I of course wore my Zep shirt to school later. Met my science teacher and one of the first things he said was "Ya like Led Zeppelin, huh?" "Oh yeah-big time" (nobody ever seems to get what I mean by "big time", until now...)

Teacher-"do you know how they got their name?"

Well that set me off on a nice little speech, after which he just grinned at me as my mom rolled her eyes.

"Well, I might give you extra credit for that..."

We stood there talking for a while, until I had to leave and let the other students talk to him.

He's still my favorite teacher.

One of our vocabulary words recently was "hedgerow", and my language teacher said "If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now..." Everyone in the class has that :huh: look, except for me, who's grinning from ear to ear. :D

I loved my band director last year like a father. I would hang out in the auditorium for like a half hour after school. One day, we were moving the double basses and upon carrying a bow around, I started on "You know the Led Zeppelin song Dazed and Confused?" He stopped, stared at me and said "You listen to Led Zeppelin?" with total surpise. That lead to another long conversation...

I guess cause were so young they expect us not to know good music... :huh:

Dammit! I wish my teachers were like that! Every teacher loves country music. Its always George Strait this and Brooks and Dunn that. <_< That's what I get for living in Texas.... <_<

Dammit! I wish my teachers were like that! Every teacher loves country music. Its always George Strait this and Brooks and Dunn that. <_< That's what I get for living in Texas.... <_<

Haha. Very nice. Here's a story I MUST tell.

8th grade English.

My english teacher.. was a former 70's bass player. He had posters of many of my favorite bands (Hendrix, Zeppelin, The Doors, the Beatles) all around his room. He even had the original vinyl cover of Zeppelin II posted up on the wall.

One of the bonus questions of one his tests was "Name all four of the Beatles" Me, and my best friend Collin were the only ones who got it right, as Collin is a HUGE 70's fan as well, and Huge Zeppelin fan.

I had to write a paper, could be about anything, once in his class. I wrote about Led Zeppelin. Everything about them. He loved it. Left a note on the paper "Zeppelin Rules"

At the end of the year, last day of school. Almost no one showed up. It was only.. Me, Collin, and Mr. Kirvin (the teacher). He put in Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland, and we jammed all class period. It was the best time ever at school.

He signed my yearbook with "Zeppelin Rules - Mr. Kirvin"

Best teacher I ever had, by far.

Also, my 10th grade (current) english teacher, likes them to a degree. We had to write about anything (again, this seems to be big in English :)) I wrote about Led Zeppelin. She also asked me the day after Page's olympic performance of "Whole Lotta Love" did, I see it. I said.. yes ma'am, I most certainly did, lol.

Also, My current Chemistry teacher (10th grade), at the start of the year, very first day, she gave us a worksheet. I got bored, on the back, I drew the LED ZEPPELIN logo. After I had turned it in, the next day, she said, "Led Zeppelin is an awesome band."

I feel ya, sista! My dad blasts the country shit. Drives me crazy :mad: He was watching some odd awards one night, (I was kinda half-way listening for Raising Sand) and he starts screaming across the house about "Ol'-a-what's-his-face....Jimmy Page. Yeah, he's on here with the Krauss girl!"

:slapface::wall:

I feel ya, sista! My dad blasts the country shit. Drives me crazy :mad: He was watching some odd awards one night, (I was kinda half-way listening for Raising Sand) and he starts screaming across the house about "Ol'-a-what's-his-face....Jimmy Page. Yeah, he's on here with the Krauss girl!"

Lol. Jimmy with Krauss. That would be even worse than Plant with Krauss.

I'm guessing that they would see a Krauss/Page collaboration as a dent to Jimmy's reputation. But, as long as it's Robert, it's alright...

You're probably right unfortunately. I would see it as a great thing - Jimmy and Alison doing something together - could be very interesting :D

Whenever the best work together, chances are something great will come out of it--doesn't always work, but Plant/Krauss was terrific, why wouldn't Page/Krauss be just as interesting and original?

One of the bonus questions of one his tests was "Name all four of the Beatles" Me, and my best friend Collin were the only ones who got it right, as Collin is a HUGE 70's fan as well, and Huge Zeppelin fan.

Hate to nitpick (OK, I don't really :D ), but the Beatles had split by 1970.

Listen to the version of When The Leeve Breaks from the Raising Sand tour, imagine how Jimmy's guitar and Alison's fiddle could work together, it could be mindblowing.

Editted to add: Country doesn't suck, country is not shit, even it may not be your cup of tea.

:hysterical: Someone was a little Dazed and Confused! :rolleyes:

That would be kinda interesting seeing a Page/Krauss collaboration... but i don't think bluegrass is Jimmy's cup of tea.

:hysterical: Someone was a little Dazed and Confused! :rolleyes:

That would be kinda interesting seeing a Page/Krauss collaboration... but i don't think bluegrass is Jimmy's cup of tea.

Raising Sand is not very bluegrass, seriously.

And Jimmy doing anything is better than Jimmy doing nothing, right? :D

Archived