Man arrested for defending his family from vandals

Jarlaxle 56

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...t-arrested.html

Saw this posted over at another forum, had to share. It's ridiculous...I think the policemen involved should lose their jobs.

1) A group of kids start attacking his house with rocks and terrorizing him and his family

2) He called the police

3) Cue cowering behind the sofa

4) The police respond, 2 hours later

5) He gets arrested on the spot for trying to scare them away with a plank of wood, after THEY arrive 2 hours late.

The Daily Mail is a tabloid. So the veracity of that story might not be up to snuff.

:angry: the story is accurate - and it has been reported in other papers as well , BTW

also, the guy's home has been vandalised before, several times. The crime industry in britain seems to depend on a healthy supply of criminals for it's livelyhood - so how dare we, law-abiding taxpayers even think we have a right to live in peace.

JUSTICE in the UK disappeared long ago - we have LAW now - as I type this, I'm listening to the news story about the cyclist who killed a girl pedestrian. He mounted the pavement, and shouted "get out of the way, 'cos I'm not stopping".

He knocked the young lady over, killing her. His 'penalty' is a £2000 fine. :angry:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...t-arrested.html

Saw this posted over at another forum, had to share. It's ridiculous...I think the policemen involved should lose their jobs.

1) A group of kids start attacking his house with rocks and terrorizing him and his family

2) He called the police

3) Cue cowering behind the sofa

4) The police respond, 2 hours later

5) He gets arrested on the spot for trying to scare them away with a plank of wood, after THEY arrive 2 hours late.

They should drop the charges against the man who was defending his property, apprehend the kids who threw the rocks, and respond to calls sooner if possible.

:angry: the story is accurate - and it has been reported in other papers as well , BTW

also, the guy's home has been vandalised before, several times. The crime industry in britain seems to depend on a healthy supply of criminals for it's livelyhood - so how dare we, law-abiding taxpayers even think we have a right to live in peace.

JUSTICE in the UK disappeared long ago - we have LAW now - as I type this, I'm listening to the news story about the cyclist who killed a girl pedestrian. He mounted the pavement, and shouted "get out of the way, 'cos I'm not stopping".

He knocked the young lady over, killing her. His 'penalty' is a £2000 fine. :angry:

Ah. You brits. There was a recent story here locally where a guy killed a woman and he got 10 years. That's it. Eligible for parole in 5.

No need to kill, just maim. Take alittle off the elbow or knee cap.

No need to go for the .44 when I've got my trusty 3 iron. He may live, but he'll never walk again..into someone else's home in the middle of the night.

Justice served.

Well if they throw rocks .I would just shoot them with the pellet Gun it hurts and they will proably leave.If they break in they get the 45 and they will not leave alive sorry but I will protect whats mine with My dying breath or thiers.

Well if they throw rocks .I would just shoot them with the pellet Gun it hurts and they will proably leave.If they break in they get the 45 and they will not leave alive sorry but I will protect whats mine with My dying breath or thiers.

:beer: My feelings entirely ........

............trouble is, if you defend your property in the UK, the scumbag's lawyer will be on your case for violating his burglar's human rights - and he'll win. :angry:

No need to kill, just maim. Take alittle off the elbow or knee cap.

No need to go for the .44 when I've got my trusty 3 iron. He may live, but he'll never walk again..into someone else's home in the middle of the night.

Justice served.

A dead person cannot sue You However if He is only limping He can hire a Lawyer and in our modern society He will likley win.He then wont have to break in He will have the keys.

............trouble is, if you defend your property in the UK, the scumbag's lawyer will be on your case for violating his burglar's human rights - and he'll win. :angry:

Many many people are burgled and defend themselves and their properties every day and are not prosecuted. You get these wacky stories like the one in the opening post now and then but they make the news because they are newsworthy and are not matter of fact. The norm doesn't sell papers mate. The abnormal does.

If someone broke into my home and I was able to get a hold of our fireplace poker, the person will not be leaving my house in the same manner he entered it. I can guarantee that much.

LOL, why not just let him go, follow the cnut to where he lives and then burgle HIS place? Then accidentally on purpose set fire to it on the way out? :D

LOL, why not just let him go, follow the cnut to where he lives and then burgle HIS place? Then accidentally on purpose set fire to it on the way out? :D

You see, I'd do that but then I'd run the risk of being prosecuted. If I damage him in defense of my life on my property, they won't touch me. I'd rather everyone feel sorry for me and talk about how brave I am.

As long as you do what a reasonable person would do under the circumstances, you should be fine. Use no more force than is necessary to protect yourself or that is used against you, report the incident to the police, give the proper warnings, and try to stay calm.

The Daily Mail is a tabloid. So the veracity of that story might not be up to snuff.

Sadly here in the UK this sort of stuff is happening more frequently. Defend yourself, your family and property at your peril :wtf:

Wow.

The laws vary so much from state to state. Here anyone who isn't a felon or mental can carry a concealed weapon, with a permit.

Last week in an area of town known to have gang trouble, this guy is sitting there at a patio restaurant and a man starts yelling at him from a distance. Then the man yelling starts to approach him, and the dude seated pulls out a gun and friggen kills the guy Right there, BOOM! He said the man was going for something in his pocket, he thought it "would" be a gun and kills him. :o:huh:

Some "witnesses" said that he "was just defending himself." Remember, this is the west side the other side of the tracks, literally. So gangs of course stick up for their own. But I was blown away (forgive that line). The cops said they are not saying whether the victim did indeed have a gun.

That is taking defending oneself a bit ...way to far.

Archived